Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm Sure It's Going to be Beautiful BUT!! How Can I Trust GM When I Read This??

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 10:19 PM
BIG Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 4,684 Likes on 1,862 Posts

Originally Posted by DSOMDream
My oh my. If you are worried about buying a C8, then don't buy one! There you go. Paul
I said the same thing in post #7. But for some, complaining is more enjoyable.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:42 AM
C5Driver
Racer

Received 174 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by fasttoys
C5Driver .

I did not realize you don't have a C7 with an A8 that is having these problems. Why be bothered by it trust me problems happen with all manufacturers some worse than others. Whatever I do in life even buying a car I have an exit plan in place just in case. It happened with BMW & the M3's, Porsche with the RMS leaking (Rear Main Seal) and many other manufacturers. Remember the C7 was built on a very limited budget coming out of bankruptcy. I know when I buy a car and if there are problems I can't get resolved, I move on. My 1980 L82 Corvette was such a POS, I said never again and I would have nightmares that I traded in my Porsche & bought it back. Then fast forward & I purchased a 2003 C5 Z06 kept that car for 17 months & then purchase a C7 z51 & C7 Z06. We can all speculate about the new ME and future problems that could happen but it's not even out yet. For anyone not happy with their car because it's having many problems, sell it and move on and never look back, chalk it up as a life lesson learned. Life is to short to put up with BS and be bothered with all the drama.
GM has a lot of happy C7 Corvette customers with a few that are not so happy when that reverses Corvette will have a big problem on their hands.
I have two C7s both with A8s both transmissions are lemons. And GM has not been able to properly repair them both. Hence my starting this thread. Why would anyone buy a C8 knowing how GM is handling its owners or not handling its owners in the case of the bad A8 transmissions. If people are still getting 2019s with bad transmissions 5 years after the A8s introduction what does that tell you about GM as a Company? Hello People!

Last edited by C5Driver; 09-15-2018 at 08:50 AM.
The following users liked this post:
-vet (09-17-2018)
Old 09-15-2018, 09:50 AM
OVR60
Burning Brakes

Received 105 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by C5Driver
I have two C7s both with A8s both transmissions are lemons. And GM has not been able to properly repair them both. Hence my starting this thread. Why would anyone buy a C8 knowing how GM is handling its owners or not handling its owners in the case of the bad A8 transmissions. If people are still getting 2019s with bad transmissions 5 years after the A8s introduction what does that tell you about GM as a Company? Hello People!
You are sure taking some big hits from the dedicated corvette buyers but lets face it with todays technology GM knows exactly what the problem is with these transmissions and the cost to fix a small percentage is probably cheaper than the fix.
Old 09-15-2018, 10:42 AM
fasttoys
Melting Slicks

Received 1,260 Likes on 558 Posts

Originally Posted by C5Driver
Okay I thought I read in your past threads you were thinking of buyer a C7. if GM is not solving your problem as long as your complaints are reasonable sell the cars or go after the company or dealer that sold you the product. I am not one of those guys but one time I had no choice & had major issues with one of my new high end BMW”s. I can’t disclosed what happened but in the end I won and I still buy BMW today. The dealer was my leverage plus I owned over 14 BMW”s. My neighbor had issues with her Caddie and they bought it back and gave her a new car. If you lived in California or Florida the Lemon laws are very easy to peruse unfortunately not in my state. My friends dad went after Honda because he did not like how the trans shifted in his Accord. After 5 years of complaining he got nothing and personally I thought he was being very picky. He now drives Toyota,s well Lexus lol what’s the difference.

Last edited by fasttoys; 09-15-2018 at 10:53 AM.

Quick Reply: I'm Sure It's Going to be Beautiful BUT!! How Can I Trust GM When I Read This??