Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know of a US based spotting of the test fleet lately?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 12:06 AM
WhiteDiamond
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Default Anyone know of a US based spotting of the test fleet lately?

Just as the title says. Looks like they left the Colorado mountains in early September/late August. Haven't seen them up there and I haven't seen any new photos that are US based. Everything seems to be revolving around the Germany based testing right now. Just curious.

Anyone want to send a drone over the testing ground up around Kingman????........hahaha
Old 10-02-2018, 09:50 AM
GoldRose85
Drifting

Received 1,298 Likes on 726 Posts

GM supposedly built 40 ME test cars this past August
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ilt-today.html
I guess some where used as crash tests, but where could the rest be hidden??

Last edited by GoldRose85; 10-02-2018 at 11:23 AM.
Old 10-02-2018, 10:46 AM
tooold2race
Burning Brakes

Received 547 Likes on 284 Posts

I'm guessing that they went back to the 'house' to analyze all the data they collected in their 'real world' tests, make appropriate changes, do some closed track reviews, etc ,and then send 'em back out on the roads again.

Remember, besides the 'big picture' stuff like engine, transmission, suspension, they are working on NVH, sound, wind noise, wiper drag, AC and all the little annoying stuff. I believe we will see at least another two rounds of this stuff before the final 'tweaks' are made in Spring. At that point they will start putting on the heavy mileage to work out the bugs and see how everything comes together. This is a hell of a complicated process with a major change like this. That's why I have all the confidence in the world that the first year C8 will be as problem free as my '97 C5 and my '14 C7. (My first C6 was a second year model so I can't comment on that generation when it came out of the box.)
Old 10-02-2018, 06:49 PM
BIG Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 4,684 Likes on 1,862 Posts

Originally Posted by tooold2race
I'm guessing that they went back to the 'house' to analyze all the data they collected in their 'real world' tests, make appropriate changes, do some closed track reviews, etc ,and then send 'em back out on the roads again.

Remember, besides the 'big picture' stuff like engine, transmission, suspension, they are working on NVH, sound, wind noise, wiper drag, AC and all the little annoying stuff. I believe we will see at least another two rounds of this stuff before the final 'tweaks' are made in Spring. At that point they will start putting on the heavy mileage to work out the bugs and see how everything comes together. This is a hell of a complicated process with a major change like this. That's why I have all the confidence in the world that the first year C8 will be as problem free as my '97 C5 and my '14 C7. (My first C6 was a second year model so I can't comment on that generation when it came out of the box.)
Agreed. My first year C6 and first year C7 were (are) trouble-free. Not sure why some people hold on to the VERY old notion that first year models are all lemons.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone know of a US based spotting of the test fleet lately?

Quick Reply: Anyone know of a US based spotting of the test fleet lately?