Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C8 vision by me

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 05:09 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

Default C8 vision by me

Popular Reply

10-20-2018, 06:33 PM
Shaka
Safety Car

Received 1,331 Likes on 790 Posts

Originally Posted by John T
I tracked down the site where the pencil sketch originated and what I found gave me the confidence to post these pics. I found the top sketch on teamspeed.com under “HUBBSTER”. This person races a petit Le Mans type mid engined Corvette. This vehicle most likely has GM backing. What really struck me with the second sketch was the wrap around rear fascia vent. This is a detail that was depicted in the GM paint facility but never on a render. I threw in the GM concept car because there will be traditional styling cues- Lastly, in the blue render, I do believe the final product will have a similar side inlet that most "insiders" all agree on- the LaFerrari style scoop.
I truly believe that if you toss the four above pics in a blender you will have the real deal-
I did that dwg over a year ago. I traced it from a spy shot on this forum. I've done a few variations of it in these pages when more details were revealed. I've seen it published elsewhere and credit was given to a "Mystery Artist"
Old 10-20-2018, 05:34 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

I tracked down the site where the pencil sketch originated and what I found gave me the confidence to post these pics. I found the top sketch on teamspeed.com under “HUBBSTER”. This person races a petit Le Mans type mid engined Corvette. This vehicle most likely has GM backing. What really struck me with the second sketch was the wrap around rear fascia vent. This is a detail that was depicted in the GM paint facility but never on a render. I threw in the GM concept car because there will be traditional styling cues- Lastly, in the blue render, I do believe the final product will have a similar side inlet that most "insiders" all agree on- the LaFerrari style scoop.
I truly believe that if you toss the four above pics in a blender you will have the real deal-

Last edited by John T; 10-20-2018 at 05:57 PM.
Old 10-20-2018, 06:18 PM
Yarbie
Burning Brakes

Received 391 Likes on 218 Posts

Then youll have the ugliest car GMs ever made next to the Aztek.
The following users liked this post:
SuprChrgdC7 (10-24-2018)
Old 10-20-2018, 06:33 PM
Shaka
Safety Car

Received 1,331 Likes on 790 Posts

I did that dwg over a year ago. I traced it from a spy shot on this forum. I've done a few variations of it in these pages when more details were revealed. I've seen it published elsewhere and credit was given to a "Mystery Artist"
The following 7 users liked this post by Shaka:
black_valentine (10-21-2018), elegant (10-21-2018), firstvettesoon (10-20-2018), IronV (10-20-2018), John T (10-20-2018), Z51VetteFan (10-21-2018), Zaro Tundov (10-20-2018) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-20-2018, 07:06 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Well:::::::::: Shaka, it is no doubt that you are a talented dude- So that sketch means nothing?

This is very disapointing to me because I really can't stomach the mailbox slot on the side of the C8 that keeps reappearing.
Old 10-20-2018, 11:50 PM
copjsd
Pro

Received 231 Likes on 117 Posts

This rendering, unlike all of the others I've seen, appears to capture what I believe is visible on the rear bumper-cover paint-line leaked photo, and that is the two rear facing vents wrap slightly around to the side of the rear quarters.
Old 10-21-2018, 04:20 AM
jdmvette
Night Owl for life
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,247 Likes on 1,668 Posts

Originally Posted by Yarbie
Then youll have the ugliest car GMs ever made next to the Aztek.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:55 PM
C7pimp
Drifting

Received 768 Likes on 245 Posts

"I truly believe that if you toss the four above pics in a blender you will have the real deal-"

So, basically every rendering FVS has posted in the last 2 months?

C'mon bro, you keep posting that napkin sketch (which just looks like a 1991 Dodge Stealth with a giant side scoop). It is the most generalized, vague and low quality sketch that has been posted about the car at any given point (no offense Shaka) with none of the body lines correct and you think it "holds the key" for some reason. I'm perplexed at this.

Old 10-22-2018, 09:55 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by C7pimp
"I truly believe that if you toss the four above pics in a blender you will have the real deal-"

So, basically every rendering FVS has posted in the last 2 months?

C'mon bro, you keep posting that napkin sketch (which just looks like a 1991 Dodge Stealth with a giant side scoop). It is the most generalized, vague and low quality sketch that has been posted about the car at any given point (no offense Shaka) with none of the body lines correct and you think it "holds the key" for some reason. I'm perplexed at this.
I realize that my obsessiveness about this car may have created some selfish visuals on my end but if we are to trust the observations of the so called “insiders” then here goes— Let us combine the fenders from the Corvette Stingray Concept, the side inlet from the Corvette Indy Concept, the front and rear fascia in the paint shop wrapped tightly around the underlying mid engine configuration that lies beneath the paper mache that we see at Nurburgring. One more thing::::let’s add the guy that said that it still looks like a Corvette.
Pretty sure it will not be fatter and clumsier than the sleek C7, the new Camaro is proof of GM’s lean and sensuous
design direction. The C8 design has been carefully massaged for many, many months—maybe years. This car will be lean and muscular in a clean Muira / Pantera way and very unlike the frilly ZR-1. And of course, this diatribe is just my opinion.
Thanks for asking C7P.

Last edited by John T; 10-22-2018 at 10:01 PM.
Old 10-23-2018, 11:38 AM
Zaro Tundov
Drifting

Received 1,039 Likes on 554 Posts

the new Camaro is proof of GM’s lean and sensuous
design direction.
You sure you don't have the 6th gen Camaro confused with the new Mustang?

Atari_Prime (10-23-2018)
Old 10-23-2018, 12:45 PM
Atari_Prime
Drifting

Received 555 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by Zaro Tundov
You sure you don't have the 6th gen Camaro confused with the new Mustang?
Yeah I'm not sure what he's talking about. The current Camaro is one of the ugliest cars on the market from any manufacturer. Plenty of other cars are boring but they are not ugly. The Camaro is up there with the Aztek imho.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:01 PM
Zaro Tundov
Drifting

Originally Posted by Atari_Prime
Yeah I'm not sure what he's talking about. The current Camaro is one of the ugliest cars on the market from any manufacturer. Plenty of other cars are boring but they are not ugly. The Camaro is up there with the Aztek imho.
Which is a shame because it's one of the best handling cars in the world. GM's designers sucker punched Oppenheiser's engineering team.

Not only is it ugly, but entirely impractical. No outward vision, limited cargo capacity, like something a 13 year old would design. The Corvette is supposed to be the least practical one, with the Camaro making concessions to being a practical commuter car. How GM could have so thoroughly lost the plot is hard to understand.
Old 10-23-2018, 03:16 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Zaro Tundov
Which is a shame because it's one of the best handling cars in the world. GM's designers sucker punched Oppenheiser's engineering team.

Not only is it ugly, but entirely impractical. No outward vision, limited cargo capacity, like something a 13 year old would design. The Corvette is supposed to be the least practical one, with the Camaro making concessions to being a practical commuter car. How GM could have so thoroughly lost the plot is hard to understand.

This is what makes the world go around. This is a 2013 MY Camaro. I did not care for this design. It looked heavy.

This is a 2018 Camaro. Similar to the 2013 but tension in the sheet metal and weight loss everywhere you look. I love this car!
Old 10-23-2018, 03:25 PM
Zaro Tundov
Drifting

That's great you like it, to each their own. I prefer a sleeker, more modern and sophisticated look. For me the Mustang nails it, it's like the offspring of a '69 Mustang and a BMW M4.
Old 10-23-2018, 04:25 PM
Trackaholic
Pro

Received 154 Likes on 69 Posts

The Camaro is definitely the better handling car, and you don't really get similar sportiness in the Mustang until you get up to the GT350 level. On the Camaro, the SS 1LE will do a similar job for $10,000 less (roughly).

However, the Camaro struggles in the practicality department. The "pre-refresh" looks are pretty good, especially on the sportier models, but the sightlines, interior space, and trunk space are all heavily compromized. I think that is a big reason why the sales are so much worse than the 5th gen. I am not a fan of the "bunker" look, and something is funky with the rear bumper on the Camaro, so I hope the Vette designers are better able to finish off the rear of the car than the Camaro designers.

I am liking the general shape of the C8 so far, and hope that the details are well integrated and cohesive looking. The C7 has some issues with cohesiveness in the details, IMO, even though the general shape is very nice.

-T
Old 10-23-2018, 05:12 PM
Zaro Tundov
Drifting

Originally Posted by Trackaholic
The Camaro is definitely the better handling car, and you don't really get similar sportiness in the Mustang until you get up to the GT350 level. On the Camaro, the SS 1LE will do a similar job for $10,000 less (roughly).

However, the Camaro struggles in the practicality department. The "pre-refresh" looks are pretty good, especially on the sportier models, but the sightlines, interior space, and trunk space are all heavily compromized. I think that is a big reason why the sales are so much worse than the 5th gen. I am not a fan of the "bunker" look, and something is funky with the rear bumper on the Camaro, so I hope the Vette designers are better able to finish off the rear of the car than the Camaro designers.

I am liking the general shape of the C8 so far, and hope that the details are well integrated and cohesive looking. The C7 has some issues with cohesiveness in the details, IMO, even though the general shape is very nice.

-T
Well said. Oddly enough, the same team led by Tom Peters has designed 5th and 6th gen Camaros and the C7 and C8. It seems the problem with the Camaro may be in the objectives they aimed to achieve. There also could be a complication since they didn't want it to look anything like an ATS for fear of cannibalizing sales of the more profitable ATS. Since the ATS is sleek and modern with reasonably good sightlines, maybe they felt they had to go ugly on the Camaro. Just speculating.

Old 10-23-2018, 06:35 PM
68roadster
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 167 Likes on 104 Posts

I would like the modern cars not to be so tall from rocker to bottom of the windows. Feel like I am inside a Sherman tank looking out viewing slits. Is this due to some side impact requirements or just current copy of design by all makes?

Get notified of new replies

To C8 vision by me

Old 10-23-2018, 11:29 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

My obsession with physical beauty has prematurely added nails to my coffin. The day my now ex wife told me she wanted a divorce I drove down to Criswell Chevrolet and blindly purchased the best car that I have ever owned, a 2008 C6Zo6. Many years later I became 2nd in line with Mike at Criswell for the C7, which was still a year away at the time. I spent two hours a day on this forum in between changing diapers doing exactly what we are doing now, trying to decipher these clues. I remember the thrill of first discovering the “stingray” theme of the C7 back in 2013. Things got wilder when a dude named “Keeks” would privately message me about his inside knowledge on the car. These are very exciting times for me all over again but I am just setting myself up for disappointment. I am too particular about certain details- just like how we look at certain physical attributes of a female. I am truly a shallow jerk when it comes to curves of any kind. I truly believe the C8 will be as curvy as the C3 which is very hard to imagine with the current camo and with most of the renderings.
Old 10-24-2018, 07:09 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

My obsession with physical beauty has prematurely added nails to my coffin. The day my now ex wife told me she wanted a divorce I drove down to Criswell Chevrolet and blindly purchased the best car that I have ever owned, a 2008 C6Zo6. Many years later I became 2nd in line with Mike at Criswell for the C7, which was still a year away at the time. I spent two hours a day on this forum in between changing diapers doing exactly what we are doing now, trying to decipher these clues. I remember the thrill of first discovering the “stingray” theme of the C7 back in 2013. Things got wilder when a dude named “Keeks” would privately message me about his inside knowledge on the car. These are very exciting times for me all over again but I am just setting myself up for disappointment. I am too particular about certain details- just like how we look at certain physical attributes of a female. I am truly a shallow jerk when it comes to curves of any kind. I truly believe the C8 will be as curvy as the C3 which is very hard to imagine with the current camo and with most of the renderings.
dangerous curves are a good thing indeed! Much of the aero tuning can be at odds with those sexy curves. The c8 hopefully will be a beautiful car that makes it worth the $ and the wait.

I'm picky too, if the styling isn't right, and fit and feel, the numbers quickly get old. The way the car looks never will if done right!
Old 10-24-2018, 04:10 PM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

It seems to me NO ONE likes what apparently are the side scoops on the C8 because everyone is either cheating when rendering one or just ignoring the shape altogether.

Last edited by Sin City; 10-24-2018 at 04:10 PM.
Zaro Tundov (10-25-2018)

Quick Reply: C8 vision by me