Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

chazcron's 3D model work in progress

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 01:24 AM
JMLS
Instructor

Received 75 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Ammo

Scoop 1

Scoop 2

I see the shape of a scoop emerging here! Anyone else see it?
I legit was just thinking about doing a very similar photoshop with the key but didnt have enough motivation

Nailed it
Old 11-29-2018, 03:38 AM
WICKEDFRC
Race Director

Received 1,652 Likes on 738 Posts

Honestly, in all these hundreds of posts, whoever caught on with the key fob design in relation to the side vent on the door was a really cool observation.
Old 11-29-2018, 08:11 AM
Zaro Tundov
Drifting

Received 1,039 Likes on 554 Posts

Originally Posted by evolmotorsprt
In my observation, the first owner buys it to look at, rub on, and quote/know the specs. The second, third, etc. owners are the ones that wring these out. Heck, my plan is to let one of you keep the car perfect for 3 years and eat the depreciation. Then I'll scoop it up and run the **** out of it on the track.

^^^ So this.
I like your plan.

Old 11-29-2018, 04:36 PM
VETTE-NV
16 Vettes and counting…..
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,144 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by IronV
Not in the slightest bit interested in someone's opinions about other people's opinions.

No one is interested in your opinion.
Old 11-29-2018, 05:31 PM
IronV
Burning Brakes

Received 495 Likes on 260 Posts
Default Point by point. Dead spot on.

Originally Posted by JABCAT
...For those that get irritated at IronV, or anyone else who disagrees with the "oh my god this car is amazing take my money now crowd", do you think maybe your expressing your irritation with his opinion is not equally annoying? If I understand correctly, you can voice how much you love the car over and over in every single thread but those that don't can only express their dislike one time & then it's " we got it, you don't like it, now shut up" Very simple: don't read it if you don't like hearing opinions that differ from yours.

Back on topic, I think Chazcron's work is pretty awesome, however, the car is still butt ugly.
Chazcron's work is indeed awesome. As are the other imaging contributors such as FVS. I admire and enjoy their contributions. But the most awesome renders will be the ones that predict what the car actually looks like as opposed to what we want it to look like.
Old 11-29-2018, 05:47 PM
VETTE-NV
Support Corvetteforum!

WTF are you talking about? Do you even realize how accurately these talented artists are interpreting the photos of the camo cars to create these renders? Are you saying they should instead use their crystal ***** and predict what the car will look like instead of trying to be accurate to the only sources that are currently available? Are you saying they are making the car look better than it actually will?

Last edited by VETTE-NV; 11-29-2018 at 05:47 PM.
Old 11-29-2018, 06:04 PM
IronV
Burning Brakes

Default What I'm saying...

Originally Posted by VETTE-NV
WTF are you talking about? Do you even realize how accurately these talented artists are interpreting the photos of the camo cars to create these renders? Are you saying they should instead use their crystal ***** and predict what the car will look like instead of trying to be accurate to the only sources that are currently available? Are you saying they are making the car look better than it actually will?
None of the above. I didn't make any comment on their renders other than to say I appreciate and admire them.

Let me repeat what I'm "saying" for you (in bold type as a courtesy):

"...But the most awesome renders will be the ones that predict what the car actually looks like as opposed to what we want it to look like..."
Old 11-29-2018, 07:47 PM
VETTE-NV
Support Corvetteforum!

None of the above. I didn't make any comment on their renders other than to say I appreciate and admire them.

Let me repeat what I'm "saying" for you (in bold type as a courtesy):

"...But the most awesome renders will be the ones that predict what the car actually looks like as opposed to what we want it to look like..."

Okay, Flounder. I know you have a comprehension problem but try to answer a simple question, if you can:

Is it your opinion that the renders do not generally reflect the basic shape and proportions of the ME car because they are based on the camo cars?

Old 11-29-2018, 07:57 PM
IronV
Burning Brakes

Default Renders vs Reality

Originally Posted by VETTE-NV
Okay, Flounder. I know you have a comprehension problem but try to answer a simple question, if you can:

Is it your opinion that the renders do not generally reflect the basic shape and proportions of the ME car because they are based on the camo cars?
I think some of the renders are unsupportably optimistic. While others are getting closer to the truth.

I don't think any of the renders has accurately represented the proportions and basic shape evident in the wrap camo cars.

Last edited by IronV; 11-29-2018 at 07:59 PM.
Old 11-29-2018, 08:43 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

I think some of the renders are unsupportably optimistic. While others are getting closer to the truth.

I don't think any of the renders has accurately represented the proportions and basic shape evident in the wrap camo cars.
Iron, I respect your opinions and frustrations because I believe you love Corvette and really want the c8 ME to be sensational. What I don't understand is your insistence that the basic proportions shown in the renders are different from the actual camo cars. I made this gif to show you that the render is identical to the camo cars. If as you say, the rendering are optimistic versions of the car and "better" looking than the camo cars suggest, this should ease your mind.

The actual car will IMO be much better looking with beautiful lines and detailed features and more refined but I don't think this is a "bad" looking car so far as a 2d rendering can depict.

I don't think you can say this rendering is what I want the car to look like... it is what the camo car suggests it looks like.

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 11-29-2018 at 08:44 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by firstvettesoon:
CorvettoBrando (11-29-2018), elegant (11-29-2018)
Old 11-29-2018, 09:03 PM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

To think, as you often note FVS, that “the mid engine that GM will reveal, will be ten times better.”

​​​​​I can’t wait!

Thanks fvs for your sharing your incredible talents with us!
The following 2 users liked this post by elegant:
dreamr616 (11-30-2018), firstvettesoon (11-29-2018)
Old 11-29-2018, 09:43 PM
Darion
Safety Car

Received 232 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon
Iron, I respect your opinions and frustrations because I believe you love Corvette and really want the c8 ME to be sensational. What I don't understand is your insistence that the basic proportions shown in the renders are different from the actual camo cars. I made this gif to show you that the render is identical to the camo cars. If as you say, the rendering are optimistic versions of the car and "better" looking than the camo cars suggest, this should ease your mind.

The actual car will IMO be much better looking with beautiful lines and detailed features and more refined but I don't think this is a "bad" looking car so far as a 2d rendering can depict.

I don't think you can say this rendering is what I want the car to look like... it is what the camo car suggests it looks like.

Ditch that rear spoiler and I'm in! Well done, thanks!

PC
Old 11-30-2018, 01:46 AM
IronV
Burning Brakes

Default FVS Dude, we're in alignment

Mostly...
Here's the problem from my humble point of view. The most accurate renders are displaying a car that is not an attractive automobile. That red thing transformed from the camo thing is a bloated, crazy-***, mess of angles and directions.

Keep in mind: I freely admit my assessment is a matter of taste. Yeah. I have some professional expertise in these matters, but forget all that.

That thing is a far cry from a swoop, sexy, streamlined dream we hoped it would be. In terms of design direction, it truly has far more in common with the Pontiac Aztek than it does the Mako Shark.

Not trying to offend with that. It's just design reality.

The following users liked this post:
Shaka (11-30-2018)
Old 11-30-2018, 02:34 AM
TFen
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 88 Posts

FVS: Your render looks great. I think that scoop detail is accurate to what’s under the camo and imo it’s a fine design detail.

I'm wondering if you could post a pic of just the render, without the GIF transition? And if you have the time, I’d really like to see the front fascia insert in black (or removed completely).

Iron: it sure as hell is no Miura, but if that’s the final form and it can be had for under 65k, it’ll be a huge hit.

It’s not classically beautiful, but neither is the C7. Its edgy, current and borderline exotic; exactly what the Corvette needs to be at its current price point.

Name me one modern vehicle from GM that’s a classic beauty? Why would you think the new Corvette would be any different?
Old 11-30-2018, 08:21 AM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

^^^ I tried to last night but it wouldn't let me...

The following users liked this post:
JerriVette (12-07-2018)
Old 11-30-2018, 09:01 AM
dreamr616
Drifting

Received 632 Likes on 401 Posts

Mostly...
The most accurate renders are displaying a car that is not an attractive automobile.
Which renders do you feel are the most accurate that you've seen? And why do you feel those are the most accurate? Just curious.
Old 11-30-2018, 09:07 AM
FinsterforstFan
Racer

Received 441 Likes on 201 Posts

Mostly...
Here's the problem from my humble point of view. The most accurate renders are displaying a car that is not an attractive automobile. That red thing transformed from the camo thing is a bloated, crazy-***, mess of angles and directions.

Keep in mind: I freely admit my assessment is a matter of taste. Yeah. I have some professional expertise in these matters, but forget all that.

That thing is a far cry from a swoop, sexy, streamlined dream we hoped it would be. In terms of design direction, it truly has far more in common with the Pontiac Aztek than it does the Mako Shark.

I have to agree with this assessment.

The following 2 users liked this post by FinsterforstFan:
John T (11-30-2018), Shaka (11-30-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To chazcron's 3D model work in progress

Old 11-30-2018, 09:08 AM
Shaka
Safety Car

Received 1,331 Likes on 790 Posts

Let us pray.
The following 2 users liked this post by Shaka:
firstvettesoon (11-30-2018), John T (11-30-2018)
Old 11-30-2018, 09:16 AM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Mostly...

Thanks for your reply.

First, we need to remember that the renderings are based off the little we can actually see and "may know" from the CAD and eyewitness reports. They are likely not 100% accurate and has been noted, small differences in line and contour can make a dramatic difference in the final appearance. I accentuate the details and keep them a bit "hard" so the lines can be seen better. I believe this design will look MUCH better when in 3d and with correct lighting. It will look less dramatic and more sexy IMO.

The "bloated " comment I just don't see. It is no more bloated than the Ferrari and Mclaren... but maybe you don't like those either.

As you admit, these are your personal views on design...which may not be a mainstream view. Swoop and sexy streamlined mean different things to different people. IMO, MANY supercars are not exactly beautiful...but they are "sexy" and spark the imagination because of their outrageous performance/engineering driven design.

Some love the Porsche rounded, soft flowing surfaces... some hate it.
Some love the hard, sharp angular surfaces of the Lamborghini... some hate it.
Some love the flowing streamlined body lines of Ferrari...some love it more... ; )

Some love the older Corvette c2-c3 c5 designs more than the more modern c7... that's ok. There is something for everyone. Love is blind and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

IMO, the c8 design brief is to first engineer a more reliable mid-engine car for everyday driving. B, design a car recognisable as a Corvette. An evolved updated and "modern" ised. version of the c7 taking some design concepts from major competitors. 3, develop solutions to some annoying but "lovable" features and quirks of the most popular competitors.

So far, I think the design we can see delivers some of this mandate already. I believe the car will be beautiful and exciting for many but those wanting to see a revival of the c3 or a GM version of a Miura etc may be disappointed.

Everyone has their own idea of beauty. Members here are MORE critical because they care more... that's why they hang around here. WE will be the harshest critics...no doubt. At the reveal... when the cover is pulled off, either we will gasp in awe... or we will cringe with horror... but IMO it will be the former for most.

BTW, the Aztek comment was just mean man...

Old 11-30-2018, 09:18 AM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

blacked out grill.

I feel there will need to be something in the center to hold the LIC plate. No details so far...

The following 4 users liked this post by firstvettesoon:
Foosh (11-30-2018), FrankLP (12-09-2018), JerriVette (12-07-2018), RapidC84B (11-30-2018)

Quick Reply: chazcron's 3D model work in progress