Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not More Doom & Gloom, But Positive BGA News

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2018, 09:31 AM
Vernon
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by vetteman41960
I too am fed up with all the negativity on the C8 forum.

I am amazed that so many guys who are enthusiasts and love Corvette can be at a constant state of argument over the information posted by a few .

That being said THIS is another I KNOW GREAT NEWS ABOUT THE C8 but won't share it thread.

Why state that you have positive news if you have ZERO intention of sharing with the members of this forum.

This is just as bad as the it's 169k or its a 56k car threads.

I am tired of the wait and fortunately there are great alternatives to the Corvette.

GM can sit by and say nothing and watch many who have waited patiently get fed up and spend their money on a competitive brand.

I have had a deposit in since January of 2016. I also told myself if I could not order by February or March of 2019 I would simple buy another toy with a different manufacturer.

It's not that I need another toy as I already have a 2016 SC 757 and a 2015 458. It's more that I have lost the enthusiasm I had for the C8 due to the long wait and not even one thing official from GM to keep me interested and more important excited.

I have read and watched a number of articles and videos on the 2020 911s.

Orders can be placed in January per my local Porsche dealership and I can expect a late summer early fall delivery.

So GM just lost a sale as I was and still am ready and prepared to spend 150k plus on a another super car / high performance toy.

GM should have noted how Dodge handle the roll out of the Demon. While that is not my type of car they created great level of excitement and kept the Mopar faithful complete interested in the car.

GM has to know everybody who is a car enthusiasts knows that the car is coming.

Time to keep the loyal Corvette Guys and gals excited about the car or be prepared to lose many to the other great option available too us all.

Here's to hope that GM throws out some real information to the faithful soon.

To all my Corvette friends and fellow enthusiasts I wish everyone a safe and happy holiday and a prosperous New Year!!
I, too, am looking at the new 911 and with it’s introduction was happy to read about Porsche’s timeline for production of subsequent models. It’s great information to have as a buyer when considering the purchase of a yet-to-be-produced model.

I hear your pain in waiting with a C8 pre-order since January ‘16.

It would be nice if when GM does introduce the C8 they share a timeline for anticipated production of subsequent higher performance models. It can be a risky marketing strategy for a new vehicle introduction but it certainly helps to maintain buyer interest for future models.

I wish you great enjoyment of the new car you choose to purchase.

Old 12-15-2018, 12:07 PM
OVR60
Burning Brakes

Received 105 Likes on 91 Posts

The Corvette Team must have a great time at meetings reading these posts and then feeding some tidbits of information to a select few to keep the momentum going for the ME. Why are only a select few allowed to have this secret information which can not be shared with anyone?
Old 12-19-2018, 09:55 PM
roadbike56
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,609 Likes on 1,037 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16-'17,'22,'24

Elegant, thank you for stating your position. I've pretty much stopped posting here as the BS meter on my computer gets pegged in the danger zone as soon as I click on some of the threads.
The following users liked this post:
elegant (12-20-2018)
Old 12-20-2018, 10:52 AM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,668 Likes on 8,311 Posts

Originally Posted by OVR60
The Corvette Team must have a great time at meetings reading these posts and then feeding some tidbits of information to a select few to keep the momentum going for the ME. Why are only a select few allowed to have this secret information which can not be shared with anyone?
The answer to your question is that some have been entrusted with some (positive) details on the new car by "insiders," but have been asked by those sources to neither identify them or be terribly specific. For the most part, they have personal relationships with these sources.

Those who have tried to share such info with this community have been attacked and ridiculed. However the intent was to provide this community with something to look forward to.

Thanks John, for the positive thread.
The following 3 users liked this post by Foosh:
DebRedZR1 (12-20-2018), elegant (12-20-2018), jagamajajaran (12-20-2018)
Old 12-20-2018, 10:58 AM
MMD
Safety Car

Received 1,630 Likes on 1,051 Posts

Old 12-20-2018, 11:13 AM
Foosh
Team Owner

No butthurt, I sense. The good sources have VERY thick skins.
Old 12-20-2018, 01:47 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,622 Likes on 1,741 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

::::::::::::::::::::::sigh:::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::: How much $$$$ are all those with such information on pricing, plant activity etc willing to back up their Grande Illusions with.
The base model will NOT be $169,000.
Credible intel will be WHEN the GENERAL announces it. Until then all the debating in the world is not going to make all the misinformation magically become legit. Sad all these Forums are more dedicated to arguing vs valued info.
Carry on.
Old 12-20-2018, 03:14 PM
JDSKY
Melting Slicks

Received 1,199 Likes on 592 Posts

It's a forum. Some reading will make you feel good, some will make you feel bad. The benefit someone in the know has is that they know so why would you even care about the speculative posts at all? Why even read them if it just pisses you off?

The majority of speculators are just killing time speculating and debating based on the info that is out there, or not, until the info is officially released. That's the point of a forum and part of the exchange that goes on within. Nobody should be getting hurt feelings over speculative threads or any of the posts within those threads..... If it does just pass them over....
Old 12-20-2018, 03:20 PM
JDSKY
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1
::::::::::::::::::::::sigh:::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::: How much $$$$ are all those with such information on pricing, plant activity etc willing to back up their Grande Illusions with.
The base model will NOT be $169,000.
Credible intel will be WHEN the GENERAL announces it. Until then all the debating in the world is not going to make all the misinformation magically become legit. Sad all these Forums are more dedicated to arguing vs valued info.
Carry on.
If you have kept up on the $169K pricing thread, which I agree is somewhat difficult to do, that price has already been conceded to the high end version of the car. Yes, some continue to debate this point but that has mostly moved on to arguing over whether the base car will start at $60K, $70K, $80K, $90K or $100K.
Old 12-20-2018, 04:29 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

The general consensus of multiple inside sources for the lowest level ME is plus 10%-ish of base C7 MSRP. That is what was shared a few months ago, but, of course is not an official pricing decision, which is TBD. However, that was the target communicated at that time.

That starting price obviously makes the most sense because anything over $80K is going to start pricing a big chunk of the target market out and reduce sales volume. About half of all C7 sales were base cars. Some of the inside info has also indicated that GM is shooting for a production volume of 40-50K annual sales worldwide, and it would be essentially impossible to get there with an $80K starting price.

No one has ever sold that many 2-seat, high-performance sports cars in that price range annually.
Old 12-20-2018, 04:41 PM
JDSKY
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Foosh
The general consensus of multiple inside sources for the lowest level ME is plus 10%-ish of base C7 MSRP. That is what was shared a few months ago, but, of course is not an official pricing decision, which is TBD. However, that was the target communicated at that time.

That starting price obviously makes the most sense because anything over $80K is going to start pricing a big chunk of the target market out and reduce sales volume. About half of all C7 sales were base cars. Some of the inside info has also indicated that GM is shooting for a production volume of 40-50K annual sales worldwide, and it would be essentially impossible to get there with an $80K starting price.

No one has ever sold that many 2-seat, high-performance sports cars in that price range annually.
It makes sense just on the volume targets alone and I am definitely in the camp of a sub $80K base price. I'm just not sure how close they will come to that 10% cost increase estimate. Can it be done? I think so, just not confident they will completely pass up an opportunity to bake in some additional profit on this one. Specifically if the car is that good.

Quick Reply: Not More Doom & Gloom, But Positive BGA News