Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C8 Corvette > C8 General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Zerv was wrong. Clearly doesn’t know as much as he’s led on

Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette, be it mid-engine, Zora, or whatever form it may take.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zerv was wrong. Clearly doesn’t know as much as he’s led on

Old 01-12-2019, 06:23 PM
ChumpVette
CF Senior Member

Blah blah blah, I’m self important. Blah blah blah.

The Following User Says Thank You to ChumpVette For This Useful Post:
vndkshn (01-14-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 06:32 PM
ZL-1
CF Senior Member

The level of hostility is amazing. And for what?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZL-1 For This Useful Post:
vndkshn (01-14-2019), ZZ06 (01-14-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 06:37 PM
Glenn Quagmire
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Time will tell whether he’s wrong about other things, but IMO it’s hard to argue he wasn’t right on the interior. It was a sketch for Christ’s sake.

Last edited by Glenn Quagmire; 01-12-2019 at 11:31 PM.
Old 01-12-2019, 06:41 PM
z8ra

regarding the steering wheel, I am guessing he saw a different version and so he could be still right about that, i.e. he might have seen a ZORA version, which would explain a different steering wheel, and after all he did put XXXX, which likely means ZORA, and GM has a track record of having their performance versions having special steering wheels, not hard to believe it could be thicker. And he likely didnt see the exact car of the leaked interior and this car is still under development, so differences can be explained by that too. He would have to be astronomically lucky to guess the row of buttons and draw it almost exactly, so it is extremely likely he has inside info. Also the wrap around was accurate, that screen tilts very much toward the driver and I can easily see someone describing that as wrap around. I didnt go back to his original thread, but someone on another thread said that zerv said that he changed some details on purpose, maybe because he didnt want to be caught. And its possible this could be a controlled leak. Either way, he is by far now the most credible source of inside info, our Neo, or our Oracle replete with glasses and delicious cookies, and not perfect but hey its slim pickins out here..so we love him

Last edited by z8ra; 01-12-2019 at 06:50 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to z8ra For This Useful Post:
Kevin Marshall (01-15-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 06:41 PM
Darion
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Glenn Quagmire View Post
Time will tell whether he’s wrong about other things, but IMO it’s hard to argue he wasn’t right on the interior. It was a sketch for Christ’s sake.
Hard to argue but some are going for it!

PC
Old 01-12-2019, 06:44 PM
Foosh
CF Senior Member

Thanked 6,351 Times in 3,683 Posts

I don't think most folks much cared about whether he was right or wrong about the interior or not. I couldn't have cared less. It was the more important things like price that were being questioned.
Old 01-12-2019, 06:56 PM
Michael A
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by z8ra View Post
I didnt go back to his original thread, but someone on another thread said that zerv said that he changed some details on purpose, maybe because he didnt want to be caught.
That's what I would say if I didn't really know the information.

If I were to guess, someone told him some things, and the rest was made up.

We can set some Vegas odds on whether the price is made up. I would say 99% yes to that one made up.

Debut at Detroit Auto Show? The interior shot leak was pretty good, which has nothing to do with Zerv. I would say 30% chance it will be at Detroit.
Old 01-12-2019, 07:07 PM
638HP
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by z8ra View Post
regarding the steering wheel, I am guessing he saw a different version and so he could be still right about that, i.e. he might have seen a ZORA version, which would explain a different steering wheel, and after all he did put XXXX, which likely means ZORA, and GM has a track record of having their performance versions having special steering wheels, not hard to believe it could be thicker. And he likely didnt see the exact car of the leaked interior and this car is still under development, so differences can be explained by that too. He would have to be astronomically lucky to guess the row of buttons and draw it almost exactly, so it is extremely likely he has inside info. Also the wrap around was accurate, that screen tilts very much toward the driver and I can easily see someone describing that as wrap around. I didnt go back to his original thread, but someone on another thread said that zerv said that he changed some details on purpose, maybe because he didnt want to be caught. And its possible this could be a controlled leak. Either way, he is by far now the most credible source of inside info, our Neo, or our Oracle replete with glasses and delicious cookies, and not perfect but hey its slim pickins out here..so we love him
Sounds reasonable.
Old 01-12-2019, 07:12 PM
txapezl1
CF Senior Member

thePill? That you?
Old 01-12-2019, 07:45 PM
pickleseimer
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by ryryokeefe View Post
Do you feel better now?
lol, one of my favorite lines when one is in the midst of a temper tantrum

Last edited by pickleseimer; 01-12-2019 at 09:56 PM.
Old 01-12-2019, 07:52 PM
vetteman41960
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Foosh View Post
I have also heard from a source that GM is projecting between 45-50K units a year to start.
I could be wrong but I hear that the plant manager K Spade stated that the reconfigured plant now run at max firewall of 12 cars per hour and 33k unit annually?

I believe this was recorded on video from the April 2018 Corvette Bash and is here somewhere on the forum for viewing.
Old 01-12-2019, 08:08 PM
JayLord
CF Member

5. “XXXX” printed in the center of the steering wheel (obviously hinting at ZORA)

Zerv gave us a sketch which was 90 percent of the real thing. What else do u want? Shut da *uck up and admit the defeat.

169 must be for the top dog.

Last edited by JayLord; 01-12-2019 at 08:09 PM.
Old 01-12-2019, 08:24 PM
Yarbie
CF Senior Member

Zerv didn't see the interior he guessed and took cues from some other newer higher end cars. Most of them have very similar looks and he gambled. If he actually had seen it it would have been SPOT ON !!! Sorry folks this was a good guess. We already knew some of the clues before his 5 year old sketch. He has no clue about pricing either or when it will debut..
Come on guys you can't be serious. The flip switch like the lambo??? Nothing about his sketch was right on.
too funny.
The Following User Says Thank You to Yarbie For This Useful Post:
Malum1 (01-14-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 08:32 PM
jcsperson
CF Senior Member

NC Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by JayLord View Post
169 must be for the top dog.
That wasn't the wording of his post. They were, "$169,900 is a go, if your [sic] in the "under 100k" camp, you will be disappointed."

The implication is clearly that the C8 wouldn't come in under $100K and that "$169,900" was the price. Not "around $100K," or "around $150K," but the exact price of $169,900. He has since backed away, but then that contradicts the bit about those hoping for "under 100k" being disappointed. One anymous poster, without a shred of actual evidence, has pulled a number out of his *** and it has become gospel. It's the kind of unadulterated bullshit that can only happen on the internet.

The Following User Says Thank You to jcsperson For This Useful Post:
Foosh (01-13-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 08:57 PM
Corvette 1467
CF Member

Originally Posted by Fenwick View Post
The C8 interior has leaked. It bears a slight resemblance to Zervs sketches. Members are coming out of the woodwork giving thanks/apologies to this guy as if he’s been persecuted for only wanting to share his knowledge. But there’s a big problem, his details are still very wrong.

Here’s what he got right:
1. Lamborghini style start/stop
2. Buttons running up the right side.

Heres what he got wrong:
1. Digital Touchpad
2. Wraparound Display
3. Steering wheel design (twice)
4. Steering wheel with “noticably thicker sides”
5. “XXXX” printed in the center of the steering wheel (obviously hinting at ZORA)
6. “The steering column, console, the dashboard, is a carbon copy to that of the current Ford GT. Almost identical steering wheel”

And that’s only just what’s been disproven from his interior thread.

Then theres the time when he flip-flopped between it being called a Corvette vs. Zora vs. some “unrelated GM car”...

And the backpedaling on the $169k price thread...

And the time he claimed the high perf version will launch first...

And the time he implied that he drove it...

The list goes on.

Stop treating this guy like he has all the answers. It should be clear at this time that he either saw a quick glimpse of a photo, or got a quick glimpse of the real thing, in passing, just enough to see a few key details and mess up/make up the rest.

Like I said back in August:

“There are plenty of ways somebody could come across an exposed C8 this close to the assumed reveal, but anyone with any real information or feedback to give on any key data (performance, pricing, availability, branding, market positioning, etc.) would be either too busy, too important or too held down by NDA to risk anything in the name of anonymous fame. It's very clear (crystal, in fact) that the only thing to gain by doing this is attention and a way to fill what must be very boring free time (which the OP seems to have an abundance of).”

and

“Even if you give him the benefit of the doubt and believe he's seen it, it's clear he doesn't know anything beyond what he's seen. And is just using this thread as a device to get attention. Stop giving it to him.

He's flip flopping back and forth on pricing, branding (If it's a Corvette/C8, if it's a supplemental Corvette branded sub-model, if it's not a Vette at all), its name (C8 vs. "XXXX") and the performance specs/packaging.”

It’s baffling how little it takes to convince some of you.
finally was waiting for someone to point this out! I was going to do it if u didn’t see someone post it by tonight! Thank you!
Old 01-12-2019, 09:24 PM
Parcival
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by dmaxx3500 View Post
he does have more answers then you
^ This.

OP also could use a little writing help. This should appear on Urban Dictionary under “tl;dr.”

Last edited by Parcival; 01-12-2019 at 10:07 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Parcival For This Useful Post:
vndkshn (01-14-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 09:37 PM
Steven Beaver
CF Member

Unbelievably horrible take. This forum never ceases to amaze me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steven Beaver For This Useful Post:
Malum1 (01-14-2019), vndkshn (01-14-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 09:46 PM
MikeG37
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by ryryokeefe View Post
Do you feel better now?

It's amazing how worked up folks can get over this stuff sometimes.
Old 01-12-2019, 11:28 PM
Sin City
CF Senior Member

Rick Conti confirmed the photos are correct

/ END

Last edited by Sin City; 01-12-2019 at 11:28 PM.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:51 AM
Apocolipse
CF Senior Member

This place is going down the tubes...quickly. Honda forums have a more mature audience lately.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apocolipse For This Useful Post:
1snake (01-13-2019), vndkshn (01-14-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Zerv was wrong. Clearly doesn’t know as much as he’s led on

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: