Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C8 Corvette > C8 General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Zerv was wrong. Clearly doesn’t know as much as he’s led on

Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette, be it mid-engine, Zora, or whatever form it may take.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zerv was wrong. Clearly doesn’t know as much as he’s led on

 
Old 01-12-2019, 03:50 PM
  #1  
Fenwick
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Oct 2005
Posts: 68
Thanked 35 Times in 14 Posts
Default Zerv was wrong. Clearly doesn’t know as much as he’s led on

The C8 interior has leaked. It bears a slight resemblance to Zervs sketches. Members are coming out of the woodwork giving thanks/apologies to this guy as if he’s been persecuted for only wanting to share his knowledge. But there’s a big problem, his details are still very wrong.

Here’s what he got right:
1. Lamborghini style start/stop
2. Buttons running up the right side.

Heres what he got wrong:
1. Digital Touchpad
2. Wraparound Display
3. Steering wheel design (twice)
4. Steering wheel with “noticably thicker sides”
5. “XXXX” printed in the center of the steering wheel (obviously hinting at ZORA)
6. “The steering column, console, the dashboard, is a carbon copy to that of the current Ford GT. Almost identical steering wheel”

And that’s only just what’s been disproven from his interior thread.

Then theres the time when he flip-flopped between it being called a Corvette vs. Zora vs. some “unrelated GM car”...

And the backpedaling on the $169k price thread...

And the time he claimed the high perf version will launch first...

And the time he implied that he drove it...

The list goes on.

Stop treating this guy like he has all the answers. It should be clear at this time that he either saw a quick glimpse of a photo, or got a quick glimpse of the real thing, in passing, just enough to see a few key details and mess up/make up the rest.



Like I said back in August:

“There are plenty of ways somebody could come across an exposed C8 this close to the assumed reveal, but anyone with any real information or feedback to give on any key data (performance, pricing, availability, branding, market positioning, etc.) would be either too busy, too important or too held down by NDA to risk anything in the name of anonymous fame. It's very clear (crystal, in fact) that the only thing to gain by doing this is attention and a way to fill what must be very boring free time (which the OP seems to have an abundance of).”

and

“Even if you give him the benefit of the doubt and believe he's seen it, it's clear he doesn't know anything beyond what he's seen. And is just using this thread as a device to get attention. Stop giving it to him.

He's flip flopping back and forth on pricing, branding (If it's a Corvette/C8, if it's a supplemental Corvette branded sub-model, if it's not a Vette at all), its name (C8 vs. "XXXX") and the performance specs/packaging.”

It’s baffling how little it takes to convince some of you.

Last edited by Fenwick; 01-12-2019 at 03:56 PM.
Fenwick is offline  
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Fenwick For This Useful Post:
Foosh (01-12-2019), GundamX7X (01-12-2019), jcsperson (01-12-2019), Jeffer (01-12-2019), Malum1 (01-14-2019), Shaka (01-12-2019), Suns_PSD (01-14-2019), tcinla (01-12-2019), VETTE-NV (01-13-2019), Zaro Tundov (01-12-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 03:56 PM
  #2  
ryryokeefe
CF Senior Member
 
ryryokeefe's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2015
Location: Brooklyn NY
Posts: 119
Thanked 49 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Do you feel better now?
ryryokeefe is offline  
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to ryryokeefe For This Useful Post:
638HP (01-12-2019), AEmedic (01-25-2019), Andy3000 (02-03-2019), bgspot (01-31-2019), Big Lebowski (01-13-2019), CorvettoBrando (01-28-2019), ElisTwoCents (02-03-2019), Flex182 (01-13-2019), jnc4558 (01-12-2019), kingpin111 (01-13-2019), MikeG37 (01-12-2019), Rodbuster56 (01-13-2019), Satanspawn (01-12-2019), ShagVette (01-12-2019), sunsalem (01-12-2019), TRT SR (01-12-2019), vndkshn (01-14-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 03:56 PM
  #3  
Fenwick
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Oct 2005
Posts: 68
Thanked 35 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ryryokeefe View Post
Do you feel better now?
No.
Fenwick is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 04:01 PM
  #4  
dmaxx3500
CF Senior Member
 
dmaxx3500's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2008
Location: chicago
Posts: 24,133
Thanked 438 Times in 347 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Fenwick View Post
The C8 interior has leaked. It bears a slight resemblance to Zervs sketches. Members are coming out of the woodwork giving thanks/apologies to this guy as if he’s been persecuted for only wanting to share his knowledge. But there’s a big problem, his details are still very wrong.

Here’s what he got right:
1. Lamborghini style start/stop
2. Buttons running up the right side.

Heres what he got wrong:
1. Digital Touchpad
2. Wraparound Display
3. Steering wheel design (twice)
4. Steering wheel with “noticably thicker sides”
5. “XXXX” printed in the center of the steering wheel (obviously hinting at ZORA)
6. “The steering column, console, the dashboard, is a carbon copy to that of the current Ford GT. Almost identical steering wheel”

And that’s only just what’s been disproven from his interior thread.

Then theres the time when he flip-flopped between it being called a Corvette vs. Zora vs. some “unrelated GM car”...

And the backpedaling on the $169k price thread...

And the time he claimed the high perf version will launch first...

And the time he implied that he drove it...

The list goes on.

Stop treating this guy like he has all the answers. It should be clear at this time that he either saw a quick glimpse of a photo, or got a quick glimpse of the real thing, in passing, just enough to see a few key details and mess up/make up the rest.



Like I said back in August:

“There are plenty of ways somebody could come across an exposed C8 this close to the assumed reveal, but anyone with any real information or feedback to give on any key data (performance, pricing, availability, branding, market positioning, etc.) would be either too busy, too important or too held down by NDA to risk anything in the name of anonymous fame. It's very clear (crystal, in fact) that the only thing to gain by doing this is attention and a way to fill what must be very boring free time (which the OP seems to have an abundance of).”

and

“Even if you give him the benefit of the doubt and believe he's seen it, it's clear he doesn't know anything beyond what he's seen. And is just using this thread as a device to get attention. Stop giving it to him.

He's flip flopping back and forth on pricing, branding (If it's a Corvette/C8, if it's a supplemental Corvette branded sub-model, if it's not a Vette at all), its name (C8 vs. "XXXX") and the performance specs/packaging.”

It’s baffling how little it takes to convince some of you.
he does have more answers then you
dmaxx3500 is online now  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dmaxx3500 For This Useful Post:
bebezote (01-13-2019), bgspot (01-31-2019), joetigger66 (01-14-2019), Rodbuster56 (01-13-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 04:02 PM
  #5  
Checkmate1
CF Senior Member
 
Checkmate1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2013
Location: East of Baltimore MD
Posts: 736
Thanked 189 Times in 115 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Fenwick View Post
The C8 interior has leaked. It bears a slight resemblance to Zervs sketches. Members are coming out of the woodwork giving thanks/apologies to this guy as if he’s been persecuted for only wanting to share his knowledge. But there’s a big problem, his details are still very wrong.

Here’s what he got right:
1. Lamborghini style start/stop
2. Buttons running up the right side.

Heres what he got wrong:
1. Digital Touchpad
2. Wraparound Display
3. Steering wheel design (twice)
4. Steering wheel with “noticably thicker sides”
5. “XXXX” printed in the center of the steering wheel (obviously hinting at ZORA)
6. “The steering column, console, the dashboard, is a carbon copy to that of the current Ford GT. Almost identical steering wheel”

And that’s only just what’s been disproven from his interior thread.

Then theres the time when he flip-flopped between it being called a Corvette vs. Zora vs. some “unrelated GM car”...

And the backpedaling on the $169k price thread...

And the time he claimed the high perf version will launch first...

And the time he implied that he drove it...

The list goes on.

Stop treating this guy like he has all the answers. It should be clear at this time that he either saw a quick glimpse of a photo, or got a quick glimpse of the real thing, in passing, just enough to see a few key details and mess up/make up the rest.



Like I said back in August:

“There are plenty of ways somebody could come across an exposed C8 this close to the assumed reveal, but anyone with any real information or feedback to give on any key data (performance, pricing, availability, branding, market positioning, etc.) would be either too busy, too important or too held down by NDA to risk anything in the name of anonymous fame. It's very clear (crystal, in fact) that the only thing to gain by doing this is attention and a way to fill what must be very boring free time (which the OP seems to have an abundance of).”

and

“Even if you give him the benefit of the doubt and believe he's seen it, it's clear he doesn't know anything beyond what he's seen. And is just using this thread as a device to get attention. Stop giving it to him.

He's flip flopping back and forth on pricing, branding (If it's a Corvette/C8, if it's a supplemental Corvette branded sub-model, if it's not a Vette at all), its name (C8 vs. "XXXX") and the performance specs/packaging.”

It’s baffling how little it takes to convince some of you.
Slow day?
Checkmate1 is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 04:04 PM
  #6  
Fenwick
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Oct 2005
Posts: 68
Thanked 35 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dmaxx3500 View Post
he does have more answers then you
and a hell of a lot more lies.

Fenwick is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Fenwick For This Useful Post:
C6Z06C6 (01-12-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 04:08 PM
  #7  
Zora_Vette
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jan 2019
Posts: 192
Thanks: 0
Thanked 55 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Wow, so full of anger because he is getting more attention than you. Obviously he had to make some stuff up and change the places where some stuff was located, but other than that he is correct. How is someone going to just pull out of their *** one of the most significant details of an interior... the waterfall of buttons on the right side of the console?
Zora_Vette is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zora_Vette For This Useful Post:
JimNeedsC7 (01-12-2019), Laguna Fred (01-13-2019), Rodbuster56 (01-13-2019), smoove7410 (01-12-2019), vndkshn (01-14-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 04:13 PM
  #8  
Fenwick
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Oct 2005
Posts: 68
Thanked 35 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Zora_Vette View Post
Wow, so full of anger because he is getting more attention than you. Obviously he had to make some stuff up and change the places where some stuff was located, but other than that he is correct. How is someone going to just pull out of their *** one of the most significant details of an interior... the waterfall of buttons on the right side of the console?
Lol so you admit he’s making stuff up but still give him credibility and listen to his BS.

I never doubted he saw it(but it’s looking more like he simply talked with someone who had) I’m just calling BS on his other “leaks” and nonsense.

Having seen something once does not make you an expert.

Last edited by Fenwick; 01-12-2019 at 04:24 PM.
Fenwick is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Fenwick For This Useful Post:
Malum1 (01-14-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 04:19 PM
  #9  
Zora_Vette
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jan 2019
Posts: 192
Thanks: 0
Thanked 55 Times in 38 Posts
Default

For some reason I feel like Zerv02 works for GM and is part of a controlled leak team. Give us small bits of info to drum up excitement and keep the C8 in the news, but not giving up too much. Tell us stuff about the interior that is accurate but not too spot on. Organize a leak of the interior that for some reason has stuff blurred out. Give us a crazy price of $170K so that when the actual price is unveiled and is higher than what some are expecting (probably around $75K), people aren't stunned by the higher price, and the rest are stunned that it isn't super expensive. Just my opinion.
Zora_Vette is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Zora_Vette For This Useful Post:
WesC7 (01-12-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 04:20 PM
  #10  
Fenwick
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Oct 2005
Posts: 68
Thanked 35 Times in 14 Posts
Default

You know what? Forget it. This has actually been very enlightening.

They should study this whole Zerv02 thing in Political Science. It gives a great insight into the current political climate with regards to public opinion.

Get one thing right and they’ll follow you blindly. You’re then free to make up as much **** as you want.
Fenwick is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fenwick For This Useful Post:
Foosh (01-12-2019), JimNeedsC7 (01-12-2019), Malum1 (01-14-2019), VETTE-NV (01-13-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 04:27 PM
  #11  
Foosh
CF Senior Member
 
Foosh's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2004
Location: Maryland/DC Metro
Posts: 15,575
Thanked 6,399 Times in 3,704 Posts
Default

Lemmings . . .
Foosh is online now  
Old 01-12-2019, 04:38 PM
  #12  
John T
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Dec 1999
Location: lisbon ,md,usa
Posts: 1,931
Thanked 87 Times in 57 Posts
Default

I was so excited to see this thread only to be let down by no additional information. Maybe I am missing something? Fenwick, do you have additional info that the forum can use about the C8? Maybe something other than personal stuff about Zerv?
John T is online now  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John T For This Useful Post:
Ronstar (01-12-2019), vndkshn (01-14-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 04:42 PM
  #13  
tcinla
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
tcinla's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2016
Location: Los Angeles CA
Posts: 1,366
Thanked 193 Times in 150 Posts
Default

I hope this all doesn't turn into a civll-war in the Corvette kingdom... And all instigated by an anonymous troll...

I bet he's from our enemy, The Mustang's.... That gang has been jealous and aspiring to Corvette-levels forever! Zerv is a plant, a mole, a double-agent!!! Vette on Vette violence serves no-one...

tcinla is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to tcinla For This Useful Post:
GundamX7X (01-12-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 04:55 PM
  #14  
Zerv02
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2018
Location: Detroit
Posts: 228
Thanked 207 Times in 76 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Fenwick View Post
The C8 interior has leaked. It bears a slight resemblance to Zervs sketches. Members are coming out of the woodwork giving thanks/apologies to this guy as if he’s been persecuted for only wanting to share his knowledge. But there’s a big problem, his details are still very wrong.

Here’s what he got right:
1. Lamborghini style start/stop
2. Buttons running up the right side.

Heres what he got wrong:
1. Digital Touchpad
2. Wraparound Display
3. Steering wheel design (twice)
4. Steering wheel with “noticably thicker sides”
5. “XXXX” printed in the center of the steering wheel (obviously hinting at ZORA)
6. “The steering column, console, the dashboard, is a carbon copy to that of the current Ford GT. Almost identical steering wheel”

And that’s only just what’s been disproven from his interior thread.

Then theres the time when he flip-flopped between it being called a Corvette vs. Zora vs. some “unrelated GM car”...

And the backpedaling on the $169k price thread...

And the time he claimed the high perf version will launch first...

And the time he implied that he drove it...

The list goes on.

Stop treating this guy like he has all the answers. It should be clear at this time that he either saw a quick glimpse of a photo, or got a quick glimpse of the real thing, in passing, just enough to see a few key details and mess up/make up the rest.



Like I said back in August:

“There are plenty of ways somebody could come across an exposed C8 this close to the assumed reveal, but anyone with any real information or feedback to give on any key data (performance, pricing, availability, branding, market positioning, etc.) would be either too busy, too important or too held down by NDA to risk anything in the name of anonymous fame. It's very clear (crystal, in fact) that the only thing to gain by doing this is attention and a way to fill what must be very boring free time (which the OP seems to have an abundance of).”

and

“Even if you give him the benefit of the doubt and believe he's seen it, it's clear he doesn't know anything beyond what he's seen. And is just using this thread as a device to get attention. Stop giving it to him.

He's flip flopping back and forth on pricing, branding (If it's a Corvette/C8, if it's a supplemental Corvette branded sub-model, if it's not a Vette at all), its name (C8 vs. "XXXX") and the performance specs/packaging.”

It’s baffling how little it takes to convince some of you.
...........














ok

Last edited by Zerv02; 01-12-2019 at 04:56 PM.
Zerv02 is online now  
Old 01-12-2019, 05:02 PM
  #15  
Fenwick
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Oct 2005
Posts: 68
Thanked 35 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by John T View Post
I was so excited to see this thread only to be let down by no additional information. Maybe I am missing something? Fenwick, do you have additional info that the forum can use about the C8? Maybe something other than personal stuff about Zerv?
I already stated, months ago, that I had a contact at Magna working on a part for the C8 that needed to be scalable to accommodate upwards of 45,000k units a year.
Fenwick is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 05:06 PM
  #16  
Foosh
CF Senior Member
 
Foosh's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2004
Location: Maryland/DC Metro
Posts: 15,575
Thanked 6,399 Times in 3,704 Posts
Default

I have also heard from a source that GM is projecting between 45-50K units a year to start.
Foosh is online now  
Old 01-12-2019, 05:29 PM
  #17  
Darion
CF Senior Member
 
Darion's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2004
Location: Youngstown Ohio
Posts: 4,563
Thanked 141 Times in 100 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Foosh View Post
I have also heard from a source that GM is projecting between 45-50K units a year to start.
Certainly not at 170k each. 😉 Just had to add that! Lol

PC
Darion is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 05:37 PM
  #18  
Foosh
CF Senior Member
 
Foosh's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2004
Location: Maryland/DC Metro
Posts: 15,575
Thanked 6,399 Times in 3,704 Posts
Default

Obviously not.
Foosh is online now  
Old 01-12-2019, 05:54 PM
  #19  
NORTY
CF Senior Member
 
NORTY's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2005
Location: Carlsbad Ca
Posts: 8,612
Thanked 39 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Fenwick View Post


It’s baffling how little it takes to convince some of you.
Nope, what's baffling is that anyone would care as much as you seem to.
NORTY is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NORTY For This Useful Post:
gymdoc (01-13-2019), vndkshn (01-14-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 06:04 PM
  #20  
Darion
CF Senior Member
 
Darion's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2004
Location: Youngstown Ohio
Posts: 4,563
Thanked 141 Times in 100 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Foosh View Post
Obviously not.
Haha, 😋
Darion is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Zerv was wrong. Clearly doesn’t know as much as he’s led on


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: