Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C8 Corvette > C8 General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Ok I need some advice. Am I the only one NOT HAPPY about the C8

Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette, be it mid-engine, Zora, or whatever form it may take.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok I need some advice. Am I the only one NOT HAPPY about the C8

 
Old 01-15-2019, 06:52 PM
  #1  
Joseph Parsons
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Joseph Parsons's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2018
Location: Biddeford Maine
Posts: 38
Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Default Ok I need some advice. Am I the only one NOT HAPPY about the C8

Ok as a loyal Corvette enthusiast , I have followed the inception of the C8 with great care. Over the years I have watched our beloved Corvette go through many changes, some great ( Better build quality and engines) and some bad. (Losing our retractable lights in the C6, and getting ugly camero style taillights in the C7) those are just my personal preferences.. but through it all the vette has become a beautiful icon... UNTIL NOW...The C8 Corvette in my opinion, is utter garbage... and should be stopped from production. Or made into a special EDITION only model... Give us back our FRONT ENGINE... Give us back the floor shifter... DON'T make the interior luxurious like a Cadillac... give us the American dream Corvette.... front engine floor shifter... metal and carbon fiber SPORT interior... this thing is over 160,00 dollars, too pricey.. for most people we buy Corvette because WE can't afford Ferrari or Lamborghini Nor do we want them... So what does General Motors do? Turn an American icon into Euro trash... Just as out of range in price as it is far from being anything like the corvettes we have had for over 60 years...
Please tell me I'm not the only Corvette fan that feels like this... Personally I feel you can't call yourself a true Corvette enthusiast and accept this as the actual full time replacement to the C7.
This should either be a special EDITION stingray or rebrand this mess as a Fiero.. hell it would make an awesome Fiero...
In a nut shell this car is amazing for a Lamborghini, or Ferrari... but as a Corvette... it's an insult...
The Corvette over the years has become just as powerful as the exotic cars with American style and front engine configuration... something to be proud of, not to change to be just like them.. and it's not even a poor man's Lamborghini... cost more the a stock Ferrari..
. So give me feed back... Am I the only Corvette fan that feels like we should call the CEO of General Motors and say... Please dont run our icon... thanks but no thanks...... or am I just old, and should like how in less than a year our classic American icon will be European... a little change is one thing... but this is just too much in the European direction....
they toyed with the idea both in the seventies and Again in the 90s... it was dumb then , and still dumb... just when we are as good as the Europeans with our car, we have copy thier stuff... PS this cars specs are like 5 years ago for Ferrari btw.. if your going to copy the European market, at least make it better... what's next? 4 cylinder Camaro? Oh wait there doing that too.... GM is doomed....Doomed I say
Joseph Parsons is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Joseph Parsons For This Useful Post:
flyforfun (01-21-2019), JustinStrife (01-18-2019), tstad9i1 (01-15-2019), vdavenp802 (01-18-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 06:55 PM
  #2  
Quinten33
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2017
Location: Florida
Posts: 581
Thanked 235 Times in 122 Posts
Default

yes

Last edited by Steven Bell; 01-15-2019 at 11:55 PM.
Quinten33 is offline  
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Quinten33 For This Useful Post:
blacheg (01-17-2019), gurneyeagle (01-16-2019), jcsperson (01-16-2019), LLK (01-15-2019), NytmereZ (01-17-2019), patentcad (01-17-2019), Stavesacre21 (01-16-2019), Xanthophyll (01-15-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 06:58 PM
  #3  
Bosscobra
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Oct 2016
Location: Birmingham MI
Posts: 42
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Bosscobra is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Bosscobra For This Useful Post:
Movie Muscle (01-17-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 07:00 PM
  #4  
89L98
CF Senior Member
 
89L98's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2001
Location: Hamilton Square NJ
Posts: 5,787
Thanked 117 Times in 73 Posts
Default

Why don t you tell us how you really feel?




I agree 98%. Nothing is perfect.
89L98 is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 07:01 PM
  #5  
mschuyler
CF Senior Member
 
mschuyler's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2016
Location: Bainbridge Island WA
Posts: 3,511
Thanked 2,172 Times in 998 Posts
Default

Oh, for God's sakes, get over it! We're getting an ME. End of story. I'm sure you won't be the only one who can't handle it. Just like we lost a few because of the "Camaro tall lights!" These are first world problems. Every time a ship sails there are a few left wailing at the shore. I guess it adds a bit to the drama. The news programs will be there to record your angst. Counselors will be made available to all who want to talk about their feelings. Meanwhile the ship sails on and your feelings about the matter will soon be forgotten as yesterday's old, very old news.
mschuyler is offline  
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mschuyler For This Useful Post:
CorvettoBrando (01-16-2019), direct007 (01-17-2019), gurneyeagle (01-16-2019), JAKE-SON (01-18-2019), Kainedogg (01-17-2019), ladder13 (01-17-2019), LLK (01-15-2019), Perf n Restore (01-17-2019), Philr56 (01-15-2019), Sandyman (01-22-2019), tractman (01-15-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 07:03 PM
  #6  
89L98
CF Senior Member
 
89L98's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2001
Location: Hamilton Square NJ
Posts: 5,787
Thanked 117 Times in 73 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mschuyler View Post
Oh, for God's sakes, get over it! We're getting an ME. End of story. I'm sure you won't be the only one who can't handle it. Just like we lost a few because of the "Camaro tall lights!" These are first world problems. Every time a ship sails there are a few left wailing at the shore. I guess it adds a bit to the drama. The news programs will be there to record your angst. Counselors will be made available to all who want to talk about their feelings. Meanwhile the ship sails on and your feelings about the matter will soon be forgotten as yesterday's old, very old news.
I hope you feel the same way when GM pushes an electric Vette on you.
89L98 is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 89L98 For This Useful Post:
JustinStrife (01-18-2019), Philr56 (01-15-2019), steve0415 (01-15-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 07:04 PM
  #7  
warhawkmcdaniel
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: May 2016
Posts: 141
Thanks: 0
Thanked 33 Times in 21 Posts
Default

I know exactly how you feel.When the internal combustion engine came along the world went to hell.2 world wars with millions killed, diseases spread around the world,global warming and pollution killing millions.

Give me back that good old horse and buggy.

PS: Do they sell a buggy with bluetooth?

Last edited by warhawkmcdaniel; 01-15-2019 at 07:06 PM.
warhawkmcdaniel is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to warhawkmcdaniel For This Useful Post:
Philr56 (01-15-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 07:07 PM
  #8  
Nadovedan
CF Senior Member
 
Nadovedan's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2016
Posts: 144
Thanks: 0
Thanked 27 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Joseph Parsons View Post
Ok as a loyal Corvette enthusiast , I have followed the inception of the C8 with great care. Over the years I have watched our beloved Corvette go through many changes, some great ( Better build quality and engines) and some bad. (Losing our retractable lights in the C6, and getting ugly camero style taillights in the C7) those are just my personal preferences.. but through it all the vette has become a beautiful icon... UNTIL NOW...The C8 Corvette in my opinion, is utter garbage... and should be stopped from production. Or made into a special EDITION only model... Give us back our FRONT ENGINE... Give us back the floor shifter... DON'T make the interior luxurious like a Cadillac... give us the American dream Corvette.... front engine floor shifter... metal and carbon fiber SPORT interior... this thing is over 160,00 dollars, too pricey.. for most people we buy Corvette because WE can't afford Ferrari or Lamborghini Nor do we want them... So what does General Motors do? Turn an American icon into Euro trash... Just as out of range in price as it is far from being anything like the corvettes we have had for over 60 years...
Please tell me I'm not the only Corvette fan that feels like this... Personally I feel you can't call yourself a true Corvette enthusiast and accept this as the actual full time replacement to the C7.
This should either be a special EDITION stingray or rebrand this mess as a Fiero.. hell it would make an awesome Fiero...
In a nut shell this car is amazing for a Lamborghini, or Ferrari... but as a Corvette... it's an insult...
The Corvette over the years has become just as powerful as the exotic cars with American style and front engine configuration... something to be proud of, not to change to be just like them.. and it's not even a poor man's Lamborghini... cost more the a stock Ferrari..
. So give me feed back... Am I the only Corvette fan that feels like we should call the CEO of General Motors and say... Please dont run our icon... thanks but no thanks...... or am I just old, and should like how in less than a year our classic American icon will be European... a little change is one thing... but this is just too much in the European direction....
they toyed with the idea both in the seventies and Again in the 90s... it was dumb then , and still dumb... just when we are as good as the Europeans with our car, we have copy thier stuff... PS this cars specs are like 5 years ago for Ferrari btw.. if your going to copy the European market, at least make it better... what's next? 4 cylinder Camaro? Oh wait there doing that too.... GM is doomed....Doomed I say
i disagree completely. The car must evolve, if it is to survive. Nowhere has to t been stated that the base is 160k. I want performance and Iím not stuck on nostalgia. Theyíve wanted to do this for a long time. Soon very few cars will have a manual. Have you driven a Mid-Engine?
Nadovedan is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nadovedan For This Useful Post:
Perf n Restore (01-17-2019), tractman (01-15-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 07:12 PM
  #9  
Steven Beaver
CF Member
 
Member Since: Oct 2017
Posts: 71
Thanked 41 Times in 16 Posts
Default

I would love to hear the call to the GM CEO you give with the amount of booze you have consumed. Please conference me in
Steven Beaver is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steven Beaver For This Useful Post:
vndkshn (01-16-2019), ZR1Gerhardt (01-17-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 07:13 PM
  #10  
ssidekickbp
CF Senior Member
 
ssidekickbp's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2009
Location: Brookfield IL
Posts: 2,467
Thanked 463 Times in 218 Posts
Default

Actually, the C7 brought a lot more newer customers who never would have never previously considered a Corvette.

I'm sure the C8 will do the same.

Just because you don't like the changes doesn't mean they are not good. GM wants to sell these cars, not the same looking ones from 8-20 years ago.
ssidekickbp is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ssidekickbp For This Useful Post:
bgspot (01-16-2019), gthal (01-15-2019), Larshelt (01-18-2019), tractman (01-15-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 07:16 PM
  #11  
RonnieC6Z
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Apr 2006
Posts: 988
Thanked 184 Times in 55 Posts
Default

To the OP...the mid engine C8 will be a fabulous car, and anyone who thinks there will be a price tag of 160K needs serious help. And stop knocking cars from Europe. For the most part, most countries that manufacture cars make good products. Solving your problem is easy...just go buy a new C7. Or a used C7, C6, C5 or C4. I have owned 11 Vettes from C4's through my 2016 C7. I can't wait to order my C8. There you have it.
RonnieC6Z is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to RonnieC6Z For This Useful Post:
Perf n Restore (01-17-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 07:17 PM
  #12  
BEAR-AvHistory
CF Senior Member
 
BEAR-AvHistory's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2019
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 137
Thanked 26 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Sorry but its move on or die. Loyal fans who bail out will be replaced by new loyal fans, thats the car business. Bought my first Corvette in 1960, a 57, but am not wedded to any specific brand.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 01-15-2019 at 07:19 PM.
BEAR-AvHistory is online now  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BEAR-AvHistory For This Useful Post:
bgspot (01-16-2019), Perf n Restore (01-17-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 07:26 PM
  #13  
Steven Beaver
CF Member
 
Member Since: Oct 2017
Posts: 71
Thanked 41 Times in 16 Posts
Default

You asked for feedback so:

Your grammar is horrible
Your use of caps is annoying
Your run on sentences are annoying
Itís Camaro not Camero
This car will will not be 160,000 stop it
You donít know any facts about the car
You donít know there will no longer be a front engine Vette
You donít know if this car will even make it to market it hasnít been announced
Pontiac no longer exists so no, it will not be a Fiero.

Shall I go on? Take your meds and calm down. I hope this post was a joke. If so I will laugh with you. Otherwise I think you are a lunatic. Peace
Steven Beaver is offline  
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Steven Beaver For This Useful Post:
bgspot (01-16-2019), DaveFerrari458 (01-15-2019), dexterkatt (01-16-2019), ErrrrCar205 (01-18-2019), Garret (01-16-2019), gurneyeagle (01-16-2019), jcsperson (01-16-2019), Kainedogg (01-17-2019), ltomn (01-16-2019), Malum1 (01-17-2019), mdb917 (01-17-2019), Mikegerm_C5 (01-16-2019), NytmereZ (01-17-2019), Perf n Restore (01-17-2019), Philr56 (01-15-2019), Turpid porpoise (01-16-2019), VETTE-NV (01-16-2019), vndkshn (01-16-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 07:27 PM
  #14  
george vee
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
george vee's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2009
Location: Wurtsboro NY
Posts: 5,902
Thanked 299 Times in 204 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist
Default

Starting price will be 70k or less and I have my deposit in
george vee is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to george vee For This Useful Post:
patentcad (01-17-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 07:29 PM
  #15  
marknagy13
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Apr 2018
Posts: 48
Thanks: 0
Thanked 54 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Everything you complained about is 100% complete rumor and not confirmed in any shape or form. I'm sick of people complaining or praising **** that is total speculation.
Just shut up and wait until we know something real.
marknagy13 is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marknagy13 For This Useful Post:
bgspot (01-16-2019), jcsperson (01-16-2019), John T (01-15-2019), Malum1 (01-17-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 07:29 PM
  #16  
LLK
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Dec 2018
Posts: 32
Thanked 15 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Joseph Parsons View Post
Ok as a loyal Corvette enthusiast , I have followed the inception of the C8 with great care. Over the years I have watched our beloved Corvette go through many changes, some great ( Better build quality and engines) and some bad. (Losing our retractable lights in the C6, and getting ugly camero style taillights in the C7) those are just my personal preferences.. but through it all the vette has become a beautiful icon... UNTIL NOW...The C8 Corvette in my opinion, is utter garbage... and should be stopped from production. Or made into a special EDITION only model... Give us back our FRONT ENGINE... Give us back the floor shifter... DON'T make the interior luxurious like a Cadillac... give us the American dream Corvette.... front engine floor shifter... metal and carbon fiber SPORT interior... this thing is over 160,00 dollars, too pricey.. for most people we buy Corvette because WE can't afford Ferrari or Lamborghini Nor do we want them... So what does General Motors do? Turn an American icon into Euro trash... Just as out of range in price as it is far from being anything like the corvettes we have had for over 60 years...
Please tell me I'm not the only Corvette fan that feels like this... Personally I feel you can't call yourself a true Corvette enthusiast and accept this as the actual full time replacement to the C7.
This should either be a special EDITION stingray or rebrand this mess as a Fiero.. hell it would make an awesome Fiero...
In a nut shell this car is amazing for a Lamborghini, or Ferrari... but as a Corvette... it's an insult...
The Corvette over the years has become just as powerful as the exotic cars with American style and front engine configuration... something to be proud of, not to change to be just like them.. and it's not even a poor man's Lamborghini... cost more the a stock Ferrari..
. So give me feed back... Am I the only Corvette fan that feels like we should call the CEO of General Motors and say... Please dont run our icon... thanks but no thanks...... or am I just old, and should like how in less than a year our classic American icon will be European... a little change is one thing... but this is just too much in the European direction....
they toyed with the idea both in the seventies and Again in the 90s... it was dumb then , and still dumb... just when we are as good as the Europeans with our car, we have copy thier stuff... PS this cars specs are like 5 years ago for Ferrari btw.. if your going to copy the European market, at least make it better... what's next? 4 cylinder Camaro? Oh wait there doing that too.... GM is doomed....Doomed I say
Right, and let's bring back carburetors, bias ply tires, AM radios, breaker point ignitions, hell, let's bring back drum brakes! Sorry man, but I'm 64, I grew up with Corvettes ,(and other cars as well), and I haven't been this excited about a new Corvette since the Manta-Ray style was introduced in the fall of '67! It's the 21st century and life has never been better!
LLK is online now  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LLK For This Useful Post:
dmandvm (01-17-2019), gthal (01-15-2019), jcsperson (01-16-2019), NytmereZ (01-17-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 07:32 PM
  #17  
Tennis & Golf Nut
CF Senior Member
 
Tennis & Golf Nut's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2014
Location: "Big Baller"
Posts: 6,783
Thanked 33 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Sounds like the Mustang GT500 guys.

25% are bitchen and want to start a write-in campaign to Ford.
Tennis & Golf Nut is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Tennis & Golf Nut For This Useful Post:
Malum1 (01-17-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 07:32 PM
  #18  
NY09C6
CF Senior Member
 
NY09C6's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 1999
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,595
Thanks: 0
Thanked 188 Times in 131 Posts
Default

I really do not care where the engine is, if the head lights flip up or not, or what shape the tail lights are, but the car does need to look nice and more importantly be fun to drive. ME cars tend to look much less desirable to me, but if GM can pull off a good looking car and it has a manual I will buy it soon. I am long over due and itching to move on.

Last edited by NY09C6; 01-15-2019 at 08:19 PM.
NY09C6 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to NY09C6 For This Useful Post:
NytmereZ (01-17-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 07:36 PM
  #19  
Stingcan
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jun 2016
Posts: 105
Thanked 42 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ssidekickbp View Post
Actually, the C7 brought a lot more newer customers who never would have never previously considered a Corvette.

I'm sure the C8 will do the same.

Just because you don't like the changes doesn't mean they are not good. GM wants to sell these cars, not the same looking ones from 8-20 years ago.
I appreciate the c6 and loved the c5 ( but I was in high school then so I ended up with a 96 cameo z28 instead). I think the second gen was beautiful but until the c7 z06 came around I never thought twice about it. Hell even the c7 stingray didn't tickle me in a way to spend what is for me a substantial amount of money with a small child at home. The rear was horrible in my opinion. The z06 with the level 2 spoiler made it look awesome though so I bought one when I was told I wouldn't get an allocation for a 2018 Camaro zl1 (I hate the refresh so it was a 2018 or no Camaro).

I love the car and the attention it gets is amazing. And it makes every kid on my street smile when I take it out. I am looking forward to a mid engine c8 and if it looks awesome I will buy one.... Otherwise my next car will hopefully be a Lamborghini hurracan or a mclaren if my investments continue to make me very fortunate and good willing health and family will be good. The Vette needs to evolve. The c7 brought someone like me into the Corvette family and a mid engine will hopefully do the same. To me it needs to look awesome. It needs to be less conservative in design as younger folk want the flash over practicality in my opinion.

I will miss a manual and hope it does come back. Porsxhe is bringing a manual option for many cars and I hope gm will offer one, but it won't be a deal breaker.....
Stingcan is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to Stingcan For This Useful Post:
JAKE-SON (01-18-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 07:38 PM
  #20  
Hirohawa
CF Senior Member
 
Hirohawa's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2002
Location: Venice, CA
Posts: 5,933
Thanked 204 Times in 129 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ssidekickbp View Post
Actually, the C7 brought a lot more newer customers who never would have never previously considered a Corvette.

I'm sure the C8 will do the same.

Just because you don't like the changes doesn't mean they are not good. GM wants to sell these cars, not the same looking ones from 8-20 years ago.
The C7 never sold as well as the C6. Every comparable year of production was down.

https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2019...-quarter-2018/

So some may say they lost customers on the C7- buy only if you look at the actual numbers and facts versus PR marketing.
Hirohawa is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ok I need some advice. Am I the only one NOT HAPPY about the C8


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: