Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it me? Or is the projected design just not TOUGH looking enough?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 06:39 PM
TBIRD57
Race Director

Received 235 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaka
Simply horrible. Every detail.
Old 02-04-2019, 06:41 PM
TBIRD57
Race Director

Received 235 Likes on 178 Posts

I don't see how you can design a ME Vette that can equal the C7 for current customer needs. Such a ME design hasn't been achieved before. Maybe there is a man out there than can do it. This is my limit, but I'll know the right design if I ever see it.
All the C7 needed was a decent face lift. A LeMans winning Ford GT type design for the C8 and a Bentley/Rolls Royce type Cadillac would be very profitable. It would place GM at the top of the automotive heap if executed correctly..
Have you seen RR and Bentley sales? RR and Ferrari should be the target for Cadillac and Zora. Just saying. I'm not only worried about the future of Corvette, I'm worried about the future of my country.

i'll take the cadillac eldorado brougham
Old 02-04-2019, 06:59 PM
Shaka
Safety Car

Received 1,331 Likes on 790 Posts

Originally Posted by TBIRD57
i'll take the cadillac eldorado brougham
Excellent taste.

Old 02-04-2019, 08:49 PM
keagan
Melting Slicks

Received 880 Likes on 450 Posts

Wouldnt it be nuts if the C8 was a smaller version of the F5. Thats lovely!
Old 02-04-2019, 09:20 PM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,761 Likes on 3,177 Posts

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe
Was it a new one?

.. The demographics thrown about on these forums tends to obscure the demographic with their buying used Corvettes.. GM has NO interest in the age of used Corvette buyers.
​​​​​​​
d buyer
bought my first new one at 43. At 38 I couldn't squeeze that into my budget (justifiably).
Old 02-04-2019, 10:59 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Jury's still out for me. I can't "see thru" the camo and know what's real and what's fake. Not liking so far very much. 1st Sgt's first post (#5) hits the topic well.

It is very difficult to a) build a beautiful car, b) build a beautiful car that everyone agrees is beautiful and c) build a beautiful car that is viewed that way year after year.. I'd say the last two are just about impossible

Guarantee if I had to look at as many McLarens as I saw in one place last year all lined up, some on show stands, some under tents (about 15-20), it'd become commonplace. So, there's something to be said that after the first couple years of a new Corvette gen, it gets a little regular or routine for "viewers."

Eh? Who cares as long as the owner still likes the Corvette. Here's to the new MEC8!
Old 02-05-2019, 12:35 AM
1SG_Ret
Melting Slicks

Received 478 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Azferrari

I like all cars also!

Wowser, you are my hero...............
Old 02-05-2019, 01:25 AM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,001 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Originally Posted by 16/C7Z
bought my first new one at 43. At 38 I couldn't squeeze that into my budget (justifiably).
Doesn't much matter why it wasn't new when purchased. GM doesn't care about used buyers' ages. Only new Corvettes' buyers' ages....

Last edited by Skid Row Joe; 02-05-2019 at 04:35 AM.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:28 PM
ArmchairArchitect
Banned Scam/Spammer

Location: Philadelphia PA (Birthplace of the USA, UNESCO World Heritage City)
Received 3,916 Likes on 1,616 Posts

IMO, "tough", "angry", or "mean" looking cars don't age as well as those with nice, sleek, flowing lines. Look at how beautifully older Ferraris age compared to other exotics that were going for the more mean/angry look.

This is also why the current Mustang is SO much nicer looking than the angry/mean looking Camaro. It looks like a sleek sports car compared to the Camaro which is just some overly-masculine/tough looking monstrosity.

Last edited by ArmchairArchitect; 02-05-2019 at 01:31 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by ArmchairArchitect:
bgspot (02-06-2019), Foosh (02-05-2019), Shaka (02-05-2019), Zaro Tundov (02-05-2019)
Old 02-05-2019, 02:00 PM
IronV
Burning Brakes

Received 495 Likes on 260 Posts
Default Thick as a brick

Originally Posted by ArmchairArchitect
IMO, "tough", "angry", or "mean" looking cars don't age as well as those with nice, sleek, flowing lines. Look at how beautifully older Ferraris age compared to other exotics that were going for the more mean/angry look.

This is also why the current Mustang is SO much nicer looking than the angry/mean looking Camaro. It looks like a sleek sports car compared to the Camaro which is just some overly-masculine/tough looking monstrosity.
From what we've seen so far, the sheer scale of chunkness seen in the camo cars appears to preclude the C8 from being either "sleek" or "mean."
The following users liked this post:
Shaka (02-05-2019)
Old 02-05-2019, 02:31 PM
84 4+3
Le Mans Master

Received 1,373 Likes on 1,061 Posts

I hate the current mustang body and camaro equally but for different reasons.
Old 02-05-2019, 05:15 PM
Bigeasyvette
Burning Brakes

Received 573 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by jsharrad
I wish the C8 looked like the Aria FXE in the pic above... :P

Don't we all..........
Old 02-05-2019, 05:33 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by IronV
Pull that Lambo up to a 67 or 69 big block Vette with factory side pipes and the Lambo will disappear.
Not to anyone that doesn’t qualify for an AARP card😏
JockItch (02-09-2019)
Old 02-05-2019, 05:44 PM
Zaro Tundov
Drifting

Received 1,039 Likes on 554 Posts

100% agree with your assessment of the Camaro v Mustang. Ford sells a good number of Mustangs to women, and to men with female partners who love their man's car choice. Not so with the Camaro.

I'm so disappointed that GM has again given up on the Camaro instead of fixing it for another generation. It would have taken so little, just a powertrain update and new exterior design with good sight lines, no need for a new platform since Alpha is already one of the best in existence. I was shocked at how great it handles but I just can't imagine driving around in such a ridiculous looking car.
Old 02-05-2019, 06:26 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,001 Likes on 2,888 Posts

The new Ferrari looks mighty fine to me. Unlike the Camaro and Mustang crowd, many that cannot afford a new Corvette, differ from those of us that can afford to buy a new Ferrari, but choose not to for various reasons. Mostly because it's too impractical to want to part with spending that much money on a car. The new C7/ Corvette is easy out of pocket money and an unbeatable value play 360°.

Last edited by Skid Row Joe; 02-05-2019 at 07:18 PM.
Old 02-05-2019, 11:06 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,919 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Originally Posted by 16/C7Z
I agree foosh. I hope the C8 is as show stopping. In just afraid this being their first go around that it isn't.

I wish it would be more angular in the front and the rear just looks like an afterthought.

maybe because all these cars are the base car?

because I do LOVE the C8r.

not this

But the standard C7 is still a good looking machine. Looking at this generic C8 camo or not rendering or not is not making me feel like they're doing it.
Not a big fan of the Aria. Looks too chopped up for my taste. It doesn't seem like a design that will age well.
Old 02-05-2019, 11:12 PM
WICKEDFRC
Race Director

Received 1,652 Likes on 738 Posts

This is the first image I saw over a year ago when someone suspected this is what the C8 could look like.

In my own opinion, THIS is what it SHOULD look like!!
BEAR-AvHistory (02-06-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Is it me? Or is the projected design just not TOUGH looking enough?

Old 02-06-2019, 01:15 AM
IronV
Burning Brakes

Received 495 Likes on 260 Posts
Default Way too low.

Originally Posted by WICKEDFRC
This is the first image I saw over a year ago when someone suspected this is what the C8 could look like.

In my own opinion, THIS is what it SHOULD look like!!
Way too low. Way too sleek. Way too curvy. Face is not punched into a whaleshark profile.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:16 AM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by IronV
From what we've seen so far, the sheer scale of chunkness seen in the camo cars appears to preclude the C8 from being either "sleek" or "mean."
Although not a huge C7 fan I am impressed with the front of the car and how little frontal area there is - especially since the motor is there. Ain’t no way will the mid engined car have more frontal area.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:34 AM
Mike Campbell
Le Mans Master

Received 1,067 Likes on 591 Posts

This coming Saturday I and the Corvette Club of Naples members will be in a very large "Cars on 5th Show" in Naples, Florida. This show is sponsored by the Ferrari Club of Naples and they'll be every kind of car you can imagine there. From Audis to Zephers and Lambos and Porsches in between. One thing is noticeable however. Every year I've been in this show the people still swarm to check out the Corvettes. Last year over 50 thousand people attended. Just saying.
Shaka (02-06-2019)

Quick Reply: Is it me? Or is the projected design just not TOUGH looking enough?