Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[VIDEO] Hitler finds out about the Mid Engine C8 Corvette!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 05:58 PM
KCV
Pro

Received 442 Likes on 208 Posts

Any time Hitler is mocked it’s probably okay. Ask Mel Brooks.
The following users liked this post:
gunkk (07-31-2019)
Old 02-12-2019, 06:13 PM
Larry M
Drifting

Received 255 Likes on 198 Posts

Some of the subtitles disappear a bit too fast, also some of the scenes it’s really tough to read the full subtle.
Bigger, bold font is ok and longer screen time.

Overall, not bad, I smiled a few times
Old 02-12-2019, 06:44 PM
Speednet
Melting Slicks

Received 755 Likes on 332 Posts

I came back to check on this thread and find it hilarious that people are accusing me of being politically correct and other such nonsense!

People, you clearly have no clue. I am the furthest thing from politically-correct. The reason that it is unfunny is because it's freaking old and has been done 10 million times. And this video had absolutely terrible captions that did not match the video in the slightest.

I suppose you still find it funny to RickRoll people too?

Look, if you find it funny, then go have a barrel of laughs. I find it eye-rolling and pathetic. Sorry to **** in your Cheerios.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:48 PM
m48xhp
Melting Slicks

Received 211 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry M
Some of the subtitles disappear a bit too fast, also some of the scenes it’s really tough to read the full subtle.
Bigger, bold font is ok and longer screen time.

Overall, not bad, I smiled a few times
yeah it was tough. I had to make it myself because the old website that you used to make these on was shut down. So getting the timing right was difficult.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:33 PM
mschuyler
Safety Car

Received 3,818 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Originally Posted by Speednet
I came back to check on this thread and find it hilarious that people are accusing me of being politically correct and other such nonsense!

People, you clearly have no clue. I am the furthest thing from politically-correct. The reason that it is unfunny is because it's freaking old and has been done 10 million times. And this video had absolutely terrible captions that did not match the video in the slightest. I suppose you still find it funny to RickRoll people too? Look, if you find it funny, then go have a barrel of laughs. I find it eye-rolling and pathetic. Sorry to **** in your Cheerios.
This is what you said originally and what people reacted to:
Just to let you know, in 2019 this is not funny, ironic, or clever in the slightest.
Kind of a complete generalization, is it not? Sounds like you're telling everyone here what is properly funny and what is not. You were being a dick about it and now it's everyone else's fault? I agree with you about the poor captions. Had you actually said that, or said that it was in your opinion, I think everyone could have lived with that. But that's not what you did, and now you're trying to change history on us. How about take some responsibility here rather than weasel out on it and blame everyone else?
The following 3 users liked this post by mschuyler:
ejbrace (07-31-2019), rcooper (07-18-2019), tuxnharley (07-17-2019)
Old 02-12-2019, 08:02 PM
Plexoer
Pro

Received 374 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by mschuyler

Kind of a complete generalization, is it not? Sounds like you're telling everyone here what is properly funny and what is not. You were being a dick about it and now it's everyone else's fault? I agree with you about the poor captions. Had you actually said that, or said that it was in your opinion, I think everyone could have lived with that. But that's not what you did, and now you're trying to change history on us. How about take some responsibility here rather than weasel out on it and blame everyone else?
Agreed. A little late to try to change his story now after everybody called him out.

Last edited by Plexoer; 02-12-2019 at 08:02 PM.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:19 PM
Wolf74
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I always enjoy seeing this things. They're funny.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:40 PM
m48xhp
Melting Slicks

Received 211 Likes on 80 Posts

People, you clearly have no clue. I am the furthest thing from politically-correct. The reason that it is unfunny is because it's freaking old and has been done 10 million times. And this video had absolutely terrible captions that did not match the video in the slightest.

I suppose you still find it funny to RickRoll people too?

Look, if you find it funny, then go have a barrel of laughs. I find it eye-rolling and pathetic. Sorry to **** in your Cheerios.
i made the damn thing and I agree with you here. The irony in the video’s popularity is that’s it is lame and overdone. Sorry if that doesn’t works for you.

But that sounds not the impression you made in your original post. You made the impression that you, or others, should be offended by the use of the Hitler character in 2019.

Last edited by m48xhp; 02-12-2019 at 10:41 PM.
Old 02-13-2019, 06:28 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,626 Likes on 6,630 Posts

Default Hitler & Dr, Porsche knew a ME was Best!

Yep, Hitler supported the German F1 cars that were ME's and Dr. Porsche who worked on the German F1 cars in the 1930's even built his first 356 sports car in 1948 as a ME! However it cost too much and they needed to use more VW parts and rear engine to make it economically at the time!

My Auto Union Type D from 1938 with it's mid engine supercharged V12. The German's dominated in that time period! Note, mine is a bit smaller!

Last edited by JerryU; 02-13-2019 at 06:29 PM.
Old 02-13-2019, 07:52 PM
Speednet
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by mschuyler

Try not to be such an ahole.

Originally Posted by m48xhp
i made the damn thing and I agree with you here. The irony in the video’s popularity is that’s it is lame and overdone. Sorry if that doesn’t works for you.

But that sounds not the impression you made in your original post. You made the impression that you, or others, should be offended by the use of the Hitler character in 2019.
Yes, you're right, my initial comment was misinterpreted by many here. I frequent other forums where people understand succinct comments like that, so I guess I'll need to be careful to be more explanatory.

The rather odd thing is that several of the people who called me "politically correct" (I still find that one humorous) have been posting back and forth with me for years. Maybe they've gotten to the point in their lives when they forgot what they had for breakfast.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:59 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,626 Likes on 6,630 Posts

Originally Posted by WICKEDFRC

And Checkpoint Charlie is at Kochstraß U-Bahn.
Perhaps of interest, we had a plant in West Germany close to the East Germán boarder. There was a large Plasma cutting power source that was on display at Checkpoint Charly that had smuggled a number of East Germany citizens to the West. The machine would be returned for repair and there was a compartment inside that would hold a person!

I visited Berlin on busuness soon after the wall came down and recall the many buildings that still had evidence of being shelled in WWII.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:20 AM
1SG_Ret
Melting Slicks

Received 478 Likes on 283 Posts

Yes, you're right, my initial comment was misinterpreted by many here. I frequent other forums where people understand succinct comments like that, so I guess I'll need to be careful to be more explanatory.

The rather odd thing is that several of the people who called me "politically correct" (I still find that one humorous) have been posting back and forth with me for years. Maybe they've gotten to the point in their lives when they forgot what they had for breakfast.
Perhaps being a bit precise in you post would help. If you called it "hackneyed" or "banal" that would have nailed your perspective on the video. As is,one could easily make the jump to "snowflake-land", where anything and everything is offensive if it doesn't fit ones personal social or moral paradigm.
The following users liked this post:
vettesweetnos (07-18-2019)
Old 02-14-2019, 12:59 PM
Randy Miller
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts

Generally for something to be succinct it has to be short and clear. If so many people misinterpreted your comment it obviously wasn't clear what you meant.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:34 PM
Speednet
Melting Slicks

^^^ Noted, I wasn't clear enough. Hopefully now, with all the further explanations, the intent of my note is clear.
Old 02-15-2019, 11:31 AM
Walter Raulerson
Melting Slicks

Received 526 Likes on 354 Posts

So POLITICS is ok on this site? BUILD THE WALL is certainly a political statement in the current climate in the country. References to HITLER are "funny"? This one of the most notorious murderers in history. You don't have to be consumed with "PC" politics to find Hitler offensive.
Old 02-15-2019, 12:15 PM
1SG_Ret
Melting Slicks

Received 478 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Walter Raulerson
So POLITICS is ok on this site? BUILD THE WALL is certainly a political statement in the current climate in the country. References to HITLER are "funny"? This one of the most notorious murderers in history. You don't have to be consumed with "PC" politics to find Hitler offensive.
Like "bad Lip-syncing", supposed to be funny.

Old 02-16-2019, 05:57 PM
1983JZR3W
Melting Slicks

Received 463 Likes on 150 Posts

The actor, Bruno Ganz, 77 who played Hitler in the movie the famous bit is taken from died yesterday.

Get notified of new replies

To [VIDEO] Hitler finds out about the Mid Engine C8 Corvette!

Old 02-16-2019, 07:23 PM
wgood
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 65 Posts

I think you got attention from the girl than you did from the video !!!! Wayne
Old 02-16-2019, 07:49 PM
Xanthophyll
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 28 Posts

When the women says to the other woman, "What about my children and the groceries...?" I LOL'd.
Old 02-16-2019, 11:14 PM
nyca
Racer

Received 320 Likes on 139 Posts

Bruno Ganz died today at age 77.

Quick Reply: [VIDEO] Hitler finds out about the Mid Engine C8 Corvette!