Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why the Mid-Engine Corvette Will Devour the 911

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 02:36 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by Warp Factor
Sure, just like they are on their emissions.

How many Volkswagen executives have been sentenced to jail, and how many "cheater buybacks" are currently sitting in large lots all over the US?

It's estimated at 300 thousand. Here's one near me:
Perhaps you need to be reminded of the GM bailout and the electrical issues that have delayed C8 release dates or the class action suit brought against GM by owners of the C7 Z06 for heat soaked engines. Frickin unbelievable how uninformed so many appear to be. I haven’t seen Porsche declare bankruptcy yet! I am sure you have forgotten the C6 Z06 issues. Gotta love the rock throwers.

Last edited by Dr. ice; 03-08-2019 at 02:43 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ByByBMW (03-08-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 02:48 PM
ByByBMW
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 536 Likes on 279 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'08-'10-'11-'12-'13 '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by Warp Factor
Sure, just like they are on their emissions.

How many Volkswagen executives have been sentenced to jail for cheating, and how many "cheater buybacks" are currently sitting in large lots all over the US?

It's estimated at 300 thousand. Here's one near me:

https://www.mlive.com/auto/2018/04/v...k_cheatin.html
And all those DIESELS will be sold, moved overseas, fixed and sold here, etc. Note that Porsche is just one company under VWAG which is the main holding company and all those executives were prosecuted for the DIESEL fraud. Audi was also caught up under that umbrella. A Porsche executive associated with the DIESEL cheating worked with Audi which provided the DIESEL engines for the Cayenne. VW and Audi executives associated with the DIESEL scandal were also caught up in it.
I have an Audi with the 3L TDI engine that was fixed. Runs just as well as before the fix. Same mileage, same great car.
I had a Z06 with the valve guide issue. Except LS7's past the "fix date" still had issues and GM did next to nothing for those owners. It's one of the reasons I sold my 2008 Z06.
Now, lets get back to discussing C8 vs Porsche 911's. (PS, the 911 has never, and will never have a diesel engine).
Old 03-08-2019, 04:00 PM
Telepierre
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,166 Likes on 1,253 Posts

Originally Posted by ByByBMW
And all those DIESELS will be sold, moved overseas, fixed and sold here, etc. Note that Porsche is just one company under VWAG which is the main holding company and all those executives were prosecuted for the DIESEL fraud. Audi was also caught up under that umbrella. A Porsche executive associated with the DIESEL cheating worked with Audi which provided the DIESEL engines for the Cayenne. VW and Audi executives associated with the DIESEL scandal were also caught up in it.
I have an Audi with the 3L TDI engine that was fixed. Runs just as well as before the fix. Same mileage, same great car.
I had a Z06 with the valve guide issue. Except LS7's past the "fix date" still had issues and GM did next to nothing for those owners. It's one of the reasons I sold my 2008 Z06.
Now, lets get back to discussing C8 vs Porsche 911's. (PS, the 911 has never, and will never have a diesel engine).
As for most of your contributions you seem to be very misinformed.

The linked article below is only ten days old. Porsche is at the epicenter of the VW diesel scandal because THEY introduced the idea that CHEATING was a good idea. They designed the CHEATING software (also for gasoline cars) and one of the three (spelled T-H-R-E-E) executives (in addition to the ones added last week) from PORSCHE was the head of the performance division arrested for promoting product by false statements.

https://www.thelocal.de/20190219/por...with-new-legal

Bubble meets PIN.

Last edited by Telepierre; 03-08-2019 at 04:02 PM.
Old 03-08-2019, 04:06 PM
Telepierre
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN PORSCHE CANNOT MEET THE DESIRED PERFORMANCE:

PERFORMANCE CHEATING.

To 3.1 and Beyond...
Old 03-08-2019, 04:14 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. ice
For the record, since you are more focused on disproving vs looking at the facts. The base Carrera is 370 HP and is a 3.8 car which matches the 460 HP Corvettes. The C2S is the 420 HP version that is the 3.1 car. Rear weight bias , PDK and superior launch control help produce the numbers. The C8 will improve with the ME layout and hopefully gain a dual clutch setup. Desperately needed to get the most out of the Corvette platform. You and your brother are like two barking dogs and neither of you have a clue of what you spout. But again, this is a forum and intelligence or facts are not required. Do your own research and believe what you wish. I am sure if you and your brother could afford a 911 then you would have one. Until then the C6 will have to do. It would be interesting to meet both of you in person as I can’t believe this isn’t a front and you both just love to argue. Let me know if I can help you with any more information as you are trying to learn.
OMG, this is hilarious. I would have a 911 if I could afford one according to you? Not to bust your nuts there "Dr." but I've already had (2) 911s in my life, one in the 80s and another in the late 90s. If I could afford one indeed Pal. In actuality it would appear that you have just recently scraped up the funds to get your 1st 911 and are finding it increasingly difficult to rationalize the cost vs what you get. Don't feel bad, been there and done it twice and they will never ever get me again with one of those jacked up Punch Buggy money pits. I do know your type well however as I'm sure many here do also. The guy who is now validating himself with his new found European exotic along with the ***** attitude. Seriously come back to earth and get over it. Hope all those 3.1 second 0-60 runs are worth it for ya Dude. You keep that Beetle long enough and you will be fully versed on the true value of the German Engineering you guys bark about. LOL!
Old 03-08-2019, 04:31 PM
ByByBMW
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Telepierre

The linked article below is only ten days old. Porsche is at the epicenter of the VW diesel scandal because THEY introduced the idea that CHEATING was a good idea. They designed the CHEATING software (also for gasoline cars) and one of the three (spelled T-H-R-E-E) executives (in addition to the ones added last week) from PORSCHE was the head of the performance division arrested for promoting product by false statements.

Bubble meets PIN.
I would suggest you go back and read the article YOU posted. Nowhere in there does it point/indicate/declare that Porsche is at the "Epicenter" of the diesel scandal, nor does YOUR article state that Porsche "designed" the cheating software. You are drawing inferences out of thin air. I can see why Dr. Ice has to keep pointing out facts to you since you just make them up as you go. And I would also point out that they are accused if you will, but no finding has been announced at this time.
Next?
And if this keeps up, this thread will be closed as the thread goes off topic.
Back to how the C8 will devour the 911 please.
Old 03-08-2019, 04:38 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Bubble meets PIN.
You own the uninformed market!
Old 03-08-2019, 04:57 PM
Telepierre
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

I would suggest you go back and read the article YOU posted. Nowhere in there does it point/indicate/declare that Porsche is at the "Epicenter" of the diesel scandal, nor does YOUR article state that Porsche "designed" the cheating software. You are drawing inferences out of thin air. I can see why Dr. Ice has to keep pointing out facts to you since you just make them up as you go. And I would also point out that they are accused if you will, but no finding has been announced at this time.
Next?
And if this keeps up, this thread will be closed as the thread goes off topic.
Back to how the C8 will devour the 911 please.
Dear ByBy,

Porsche marketing detoxification is very hard. First the victim has to recognize that he/she is intoxicated but the real hard part is that he/she also has to take the first steps to reach out to more helpful references. The key here is reach out. I have posted links and references linking Porsche to this performance cheating fiasco but (as to be expected) you most likely ignored it or down right rejected it (in ByBy style) as too uncomfortable.

Understanding you cannot get out of this condition all at once I am going to break to you slowly with one or two links at the time but this TIME please read, pause, take a big breath BEFORE you come back with more fruitless Porsche toxicity.

Ready...eaaasyyyy...big breaths:

https://www.motor1.com/news/242409/p...custom-orders/

https://autovistagroup.com/news-and-...lays-over-wltp

Old 03-08-2019, 05:25 PM
ByByBMW
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Dear ByBy,

Porsche marketing detoxification is very hard. First the victim has to recognize that he/she is intoxicated but the real hard part is that he/she also has to take the first steps to reach out to more helpful references. The key here is reach out. I have posted links and references linking Porsche to this performance cheating fiasco but (as to be expected) you most likely ignored it or down right rejected it (in ByBy style) as too uncomfortable.

Understanding you cannot get out of this condition all at once I am going to break to you slowly with one or two links at the time but this TIME please read, pause, take a big breath BEFORE you come back with more fruitless Porsche toxicity.

Ready...eaaasyyyy...big breaths:

https://www.motor1.com/news/242409/p...custom-orders/

https://autovistagroup.com/news-and-...lays-over-wltp
And what do these links have to do with "Why the Mid_Engine Corvette Will Devour the 911"?
Big Breaths, I'll wait for your wild eyed explanation.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:02 PM
Telepierre
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Ah ah! you are doing it ByBy... you are deflecting now...you have to stay with me buddy!
REMEMBER you and doctor started the better leather and 911 better for smart and rich people...WHICH has nothing to do with PERFORMANCE and when I pointed that out
then you and the doctor came out with the "lunatic 3.1 AND Porsche underestimates their performance reporting"

Given your condition I am trying to help you understand Porsche has a well known historic problem with performance reporting and it's not under reporting... it's just FALSE PERFORMANCE STATEMENTS to sell cars and make people like you and the doctor happy.

You are already exuding Porsche marketing intoxication evidence rejection and we basically have not even started... OK, I understand, next dose.. just one link

Again, big breaths, pause, we can do this... this is going to be a bit tough on you because is 911 specific and only 20 days old...but just remember we are taking baby steps..

Last edited by Telepierre; 03-08-2019 at 06:10 PM.
Old 03-08-2019, 08:48 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Better Leather and stitching are worth an additional $75,000.00 when we buy our sports car? Sure it is.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:27 PM
Red67John
Pro

Received 394 Likes on 195 Posts

And what do these links have to do with "Why the Mid_Engine Corvette Will Devour the 911"?
Big Breaths, I'll wait for your wild eyed explanation.
These two links are about Porsche and the new real world testing procedures for all engines, not the VW frogging of diesel test reins no wrong doing anywhere in either article, but feel free to spin it any way you want. Everyon else understands.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:59 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by punky
Better Leather and stitching are worth an additional $75,000.00 when we buy our sports car? Sure it is.
Punky, Punky, Punky.....you and Telepierre are an absolute miserable mess! Telepierre ownes a $30k C6 and I have no idea what kind of a tricycle you drive. Your both full of **** and don’t have a clue about cars. But bring it on! Your at least entertaining!

Last edited by Dr. ice; 03-08-2019 at 10:02 PM.
Old 03-09-2019, 01:59 AM
Telepierre
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Dr. ice
Punky, Punky, Punky.....you and Telepierre are an absolute miserable mess! Telepierre ownes a $30k C6 and I have no idea what kind of a tricycle you drive. Your both full of **** and don’t have a clue about cars. But bring it on! Your at least entertaining!
But bring it on! Your at least entertaining!
Thank you for providing your 2017 S and your 3.1 boat anchor firmly locked on your neck. You are the Porsche STAR and it is entertaining on one hand but more importantly revealing on the other.

You own it buddy. Thank you!
Old 03-11-2019, 03:06 PM
Leonie
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Really, get a) psychological help or b) a woman.
Yes, I know, there are numerous sources around the net telling you how horrible of an experience b) might be, but if you have the guts to handle it, it is quite a nice addition to your life!
Oh, wait...
Old 03-11-2019, 04:08 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Thank you for providing your 2017 S and your 3.1 boat anchor firmly locked on your neck. You are the Porsche STAR and it is entertaining on one hand but more importantly revealing on the other.

You own it buddy. Thank you!
He owns it indeed. How comical some Porsche owners are. You know the ones who then look down from their perceived regal position in the automotive world as they are now Porsche owners. How nice of this particular Porsche man to enlighten us on his perception of the true capabilities of the late model 911. Kool Aide flows freely and in large quantities on his highly privileged world. Amazing that he still even communicates with us simple Corvette swine.
The following users liked this post:
JerriVette (03-13-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 04:37 PM
Telepierre
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Well said and emphasis on "some", as I am sure most relish the opportunity to just be content with their 911s. A dam good classic car.

Cheers

Get notified of new replies

To Why the Mid-Engine Corvette Will Devour the 911

Old 03-13-2019, 05:22 PM
SilverGhost
Drifting

Received 886 Likes on 476 Posts

if i wanted to beat a 911, i wouldn't have to change marques. i would buy a 914/6 from 1972, a boxster from 1998, or even a 4 banger boxster or whatever they call them now, from 2019.

Then i'd take it to MR RUF, or some other tuner, and have them put in the exact same motor that is used in the 911 flavor du jour that i wanted to beat. poof, done.

porsche, ferrari et al knew the mid-engine car was the superior car to a fe or re car 50 years ago. still holds true in 2019. even the most devout 911 owner knows porsche is "secretly" moving the engine forward in their competition racing 911's.

its no secret today why corvette is going me, performance sells (and ZR1's/Z06's cause their front tires to melt at speed).

The secret today is how you gonna live with a me for street use, day in and day out. 2005 ford GT owners can't even fit a bag of groceries in the "trunk", that leaves the grocery bag to go in the passenger seat. So last minute errand honey-do's for buying the groceries is gonna go to the driver of the me, you doing the run, not the spouse (she is going to hate the no-visibility pillbox views out of the C8 cabin.) 'splanations that the "coupe" is a great baggage hauler (to justify its existence to the spouse) goes the way of the dodo bird and the C7.

maximum number of days at the track per year - 52 weekends; rest of the 261 days - street use. but boy o boy the stories that will be told about pulling g's on the cloverleafs and embarrassing 911's at stoplight throw-downs with the me monster! just don't mess with the Tesla.

Last edited by SilverGhost; 03-13-2019 at 05:35 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:30 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by SilverGhost
if i wanted to beat a 911, i wouldn't have to change marques. i would buy a 914/6 from 1972, a boxster from 1998, or even a 4 banger boxster or whatever they call them now, from 2019.

Then i'd take it to MR RUF, or some other tuner, and have them put in the exact same motor that is used in the 911 flavor du jour that i wanted to beat. poof, done.

porsche, ferrari et al knew the mid-engine car was the superior car to a fe or re car 50 years ago. still holds true in 2019. even the most devout 911 owner knows porsche is "secretly" moving the engine forward in their competition racing 911's.

its no secret today why corvette is going me, performance sells (and ZR1's/Z06's cause their front tires to melt at speed).

The secret today is how you gonna live with a me for street use, day in and day out. 2005 ford GT owners can't even fit a bag of groceries in the "trunk", that leaves the grocery bag to go in the passenger seat. So last minute errand honey-do's for buying the groceries is gonna go to the driver of the me, you doing the run, not the spouse (she is going to hate the no-visibility pillbox views out of the C8 cabin.) 'splanations that the "coupe" is a great baggage hauler (to justify its existence to the spouse) goes the way of the dodo bird and the C7.

maximum number of days at the track per year - 52 weekends; rest of the 261 days - street use. but boy o boy the stories that will be told about pulling g's on the cloverleafs and embarrassing 911's at stoplight throw-downs with the me monster! just don't mess with the Tesla.
I agree. I hope the ME C8 is a Porsche eater. As we all know the C7 was not.....unless comparing to a 4 banger Porsche.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:55 PM
nunii
Pro

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

Why not try? It would contribute to this thread immensely.

So far you listed one: PDK (introduced in 2009). Great for low - mid torque cars. Incompatible (to date) with high torque cars like Corvette Z06 and ZR1.

I am glad you mentioned the GT3 (congratulations BTW!) That "high revving" experience is very tempting but the car also exemplifies the costs required to make it a mid field contender to keep up with the competition: 490 SAE HP 329 lb-ft for $200K and like you said no

So a very exciting high rev zing zing toy with 30 more HP and 136 LESS torque of a base C7 for a mere 140K premium.

I am not trying to belittle your very nice car. Just rational numbers to illustrate the older "that lady" ages the more it needs to look good...

Cheers
lmao I had c7 z06 a 570s and 2019 gt3rs ...... and in terms of pure enjoyment of driving there is no coming close to the Porsche .... in fact with only 520 hp and 330 pounds of torque I would beat the z06 in 1/4 and 0-60 .... idk how but it feels much faster then my z!

Quick Reply: Why the Mid-Engine Corvette Will Devour the 911