Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Too bad the C8 doesn't have the Jesko transmission...

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 12:05 PM
Parcival
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikec7z
I would love to meet this guy before he or I die. I think he is by far the most creative human in the auto industry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjZD-maFwaY
let us know how it goes when you pick yours up from Sweden, or any Koe****segg
The following users liked this post:
Mikec7z (03-12-2019)
Old 03-12-2019, 12:07 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Received 647 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by Parcival
let us know how it goes when you pick yours up from Sweden, or any Koe****segg
Believe me, im trying to get to that point I have a few inventions of my own, im just trying to beat some giants to market, and globally patent some stuff before they figure it out.

But I was not implying that is why I would meet him, I would be happy to be broke and have the opportunity to thank him and pick his brain for an hour or 2.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 03-12-2019 at 01:00 PM.
Old 03-12-2019, 02:51 PM
Parcival
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 296 Posts

Believe me, im trying to get to that point I have a few inventions of my own, im just trying to beat some giants to market, and globally patent some stuff before they figure it out.

But I was not implying that is why I would meet him, I would be happy to be broke and have the opportunity to thank him and pick his brain for an hour or 2.
DIfferent strokes for different folks. If I can't meet Enzo now or Camardella (F40), I would rather have met Sergio Marchione before he died recently.

More power to ya, I doubt I'll ever have one of these cars, since I would never spend more than 5% of my net worth on a single car, so a 720S or similar is where i'm setting my sights.
Mikec7z (03-12-2019)
Old 03-12-2019, 03:05 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

mclaren supposedly has like 18 models coming out by 2025?

So you will have plenty to choose from soon i assume...

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/02/mc...z2XnfkhFkBNhuY

Meanwhile, 3/4 of this forum apparently thinks its the end of the world if corvette has 2 or more models produced simultaneously

Last edited by Mikec7z; 03-13-2019 at 02:32 AM.
Old 03-13-2019, 04:36 PM
TrackAire
Drifting

Received 489 Likes on 336 Posts

For those of you that think that the Koenigsegg is a great car and CVK is a genius, you guys don't know the back story. Think about it, why would Christian sell off 20% (and that is probably not correct, I'll explain shortly) if he has all this technical genius that is so valuable? Give away your life's work to a Chinese company? Swedish banks won't loan him money or deal with him, why is that? He has had to take on previous investors (before the Chinese) to keep the company afloat.....he was selling shares of his company even to his vendors because he was so desperate. How much of Koenigsegg do you think Christian even owns any more? He claims he sold 20% to the Chinese but in reality it is probably closer to 60% of actual market shares. He is a marketing genius when it comes to claiming new ideas and "inventions" that are going to change the automotive world....at least that's what he wants you to think. Can you think of one of his "inventions" that has been implemented ANYWHERE by a major OEM? He uses most of the money he gets from investors to apply for different patents.....that is his marketing gimmick. Just because he claims a "valve" or "transmission" or "widget" is the next great thing doesn't necessarily mean it is. Again, think about it....if his "inventions" were so good, do you not think that Fiat (who own Ferrari, Maserati, Chrysler, Alfa) or Volkswagen Group ( who own Porsche, Audi, Lambo, Bentley, Bugatti) would not buy up Koenigsegg just for the intellectual property alone? Surely those patents must be worth billions, lol.

Although it is fun looking at new automotive ideas and products, a lot of what he puts out there is just press release bullshit....designed to attract investors, keep creditors at bay when you're late on payments, keep your name out there, etc. Behind the scenes, Christian Von Koenigsegg is a joke in the automotive industry. If you truly have a better mousetrap, people will be lining up to your door. His quality control is terrible, he can't meet deadlines when your order a car and he is not honest. His company is "broke" (never made a profit) and he just keeps it afloat with more investor dollars and giving away the farm.

For you fanboys out there that think the Koenigsegg is such a superior car, you now also believe in breaking the laws of physics. The newest K-car is touted to be the most "road friendly" track car out available. So being a "track car" means you should be able to drive it on the track or maybe even do a track session with it. Yet with 1500 hp and small air inlets and minimum heat exchangers, how the hell do you keep it cool on the track? Can it do more than one or two laps at a time? When you're such a genius yet you aren't even capable of getting your car to pass EPA requirements? If CVK was such a genius, you'd think he could figure out how to make the air conditioning in his cars work well enough so he could sell them in the Middle East. The K-car is a joke in Dubai since you can't drive it in even warm temps, let alone hot. CVK is just the automotive equivalent to Bernie Madoff....a pyramid scheme that keeps sucking in investors and he keeps putting out press releases of the next big thing he has "invented". Even the Swedish government won't invest in him....and they give money to everyone!!

His cars are crap when it comes to quality and fitment, his company has not made a profit and nobody but some foolish Chinese will deal with him. But, he does put out some entertaining videos on all his new "inventions".

I'm sure that GM's C8 engineering team is consulting with CVK as I write this to help them figure out any design issues they are experiencing.
Old 03-13-2019, 04:44 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

he sold off 20 because GM wanted an even bigger percentage for less money, as did everyone else.

So he took the best offer he could get, and hes a busy man, and he wants someone else to head up the company and get his valves off the ground and into the markeplace.

oh, and he just made 183 million dollars in a day huh?

He can use that money and invest it into other R&D and get other projects moving forward now, and hire more inventors.

pay attention, he might teach you something.
Old 03-13-2019, 06:46 PM
luka2sb
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

He is the one who invented the idea that the car needs NO transmission or clutch when it is hybrid electric, and to have the gasoline engine engage linkage to the cars drive shaft at speed X when RPMs of the 2 devices sync, after the electric motors do the initial acceleration. The combustion engine runs and charges the electric motor via the alternator, and then shuts off once the batteries are close to full while the car is below speed X. This is THE MOST effective way to do an electric hybrid car. Add the electro magnetic valves to the ICE, and it is game over, his technology laps the competition.
Come on now, power-split transmissions were invented in the early 1900's. and tested in the 1930's, long before this guy was born. Lets not make stuff up now.
Mikec7z (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 08:11 PM
TrackAire
Drifting

Originally Posted by luka2sb
Come on now, power-split transmissions were invented in the early 1900's. and tested in the 1930's, long before this guy was born. Lets not make stuff up now.
Obviously, Mikec7z has a major man crush on CVK and believes everything he reads that Koenigsegg puts out on their website. And as we all know, everything on the internet is true......Jesus, what a joke.

But fanboys will not accept facts........Christian Von Madoff is a joke and a fraud:

-Show one of CVK's "inventions" that is put into production on a real production run vehicle.
-Show a K-car doing a very fast lap or even a 25 minute track day session from ANY track in the world that is verified by a video.
-Explain why K-cars are laughed at in the Middle East due to their dismal air conditioning performance.
-Explain why with all these advancements that CVK talks about but he can't offer a car to the richest market in the world because he can't meet basic EPA requirements.
-Show any K-car that can run a quicker quarter mile time than a McLaren 720S which has way, way less horsepower.

183 million dollars is great if you're 100%, 50% or even 10% owner.....truth is there are so many hands in the pot, CVK may just be paying off creditors and all his existing investors. Knowing what I know, he probably won't even to walk away with 5%. Yeah, that'll really help R&D and allow him hire more "inventors".

So the K-car is fast above 150 mph but isn't quick in the quarter mile, isn't fast on the road course, can't be driven on a hot day and looks like a bag full of ********. Oh boy, sign me up.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:13 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

his modified torque converter, there has never been one built like it in its configuration, and it was so unique that torque converter companies could not build it, so he had to hire his own guy and do it in house.

Originally Posted by luka2sb Come on now, power-split transmissions were invented in the early 1900's. and tested in the 1930's, long before this guy was born. Lets not make stuff up now.

I agree with this statement, however, theres more than 1 way to skin a cat. Going from zero mph into gear and moving, is not an "invention". The device that makes this occur is the invention.

He created a new device to make this occur in a new configuration, and he saw that this format when coupled with electric motors makes for a very seamless and simple acceleration recipe that eliminates the conventional ICE transmission and even eliminates the conventional TC... as he had to build a new one that would actually function properly because all existing TC did not function to do the job he needed done.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 03-16-2019 at 01:50 AM.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:34 AM
AEK
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

Here's a rather objective overview of the Freevalve technology:

Mikec7z (03-15-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 03:46 AM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

see post 53. While i appreciate his opinion, he also makes it evident that he has no first hand experience with the valves, all speculation. he does a great job of counting how many patents they have on the valves tho
Old 03-14-2019, 06:41 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by range96
I truly enjoyed this thread! Thank you guys.

The only thing I would add - don't count GM out, just yet. Do you remember the intermittent windshield wiper?
I do remember the intermittent wiper and the fact that just about every car co. copied an idea from a single inventor who tried to sell the idea to them. And before he died of old age, he was awarded millions when he probably should have been awarded a hundred or more millions for the unauthorized stealing of his idea.

And Jerry U's partial sentence here: "...there are ways big corporations can expend the engineering time and money to develop variants of other folks patents and using their team of lawyers to fight in support of their "workaround!" " kind of speaks to that, too. Companies are very "inclined" to change a few things, add a couple whatevers, use a different color and call it a whole new design and owe nobody nothing! They may even (have done so in the past) apply for and receive patents on their "brand new idea." Happens in the past, and the past is.....
Mikec7z (03-14-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 06:10 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

the chinese are on the bleeding edge of innovation and christian should be glad he got some money for his r&D before it's just flat out stolen

they probably tried and ran into some issues that made it more attractive to acquire

brilliant engineering doesn't always make good business. people have to be able to afford what you are selling and the big K is out of most peoples league

make no mistake, intellectual property doesn't hold water in other countries

Last edited by Rkreigh; 03-15-2019 at 06:11 AM.
Mikec7z (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 12:03 PM
TrackAire
Drifting

Originally Posted by Rkreigh
the chinese are on the bleeding edge of innovation and christian should be glad he got some money for his r&D before it's just flat out stolen

they probably tried and ran into some issues that made it more attractive to acquire

brilliant engineering doesn't always make good business. people have to be able to afford what you are selling and the big K is out of most peoples league

make no mistake, intellectual property doesn't hold water in other countries
I respectfully disagree regarding the Chinese being at the leading edge of innovation. If you really think about, in the last 50 years, they really haven't invented or led the innovation on anything that is used on a global scale.

This includes:
Medicine.......name one cancer drug, heart drug, blood pressure drug, heart transplant technique, etc that is cutting edge, FDA approved and has changed the world, even a little....I can't.
Military and weapon systems......I can't think of one plane, tank, submarine, etc that they produce that isn't a copy or done under license. Even their rifle is a copy of the Russian AK.
Transportation.....I can't think of one car they "invented" that was truly unique and globally accepted...but they do make a lot of copies or different versions of popular cars.
Technology/computers.....again, they are using or more importantly stealing/copying technology and have the advantage of near slave labor wages. They are very clever and committed, but in the end without other global technology they are way behind the innovation curve.

The Chinese are very good at copying and reverse engineering stuff.....up until recently their biggest advantage was low wages and the ability to make stuff for less money. Our company gets approached all the time by Chinese companies wanting to make our products because they can make it cheaper. We tell them we don't want cheaper, we want better.....can you do that? Their response is always, "send me a version of the better unit and we can copy it". They just don't understand that high volume and low price is not the end all, be all (at least in my world).

There are global patents and trademarks that are very strong globally....you do need the means to fight the theft legally. There are a lot of containers that come in from China that get confiscated at the port of Long Beach with millions of dollars worth of "widgets" that some Chinese company copied and infringed on a patent or trademark. But unfortunately, a lot get through where the patent holder isn't strong enough to financially put forth the system to stop it or fight it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Chinese "investors" was not some US or European backed company behind the deal to very inexpensively verify what is going on, able to license something very cheaply back through the new Chinese investors group and so on if there was something that they wanted from CVK patents. All the Chinese got was the right to the technology (there really is no any other fixed assets worth that much and just 70-ish employees). There are a lot of mom and pop small businesses that have 70 employees....and since everything is pretty much hand made there is no huge factory or equipment that has huge asset value either.

CVK will probably just be the marketing spokesperson, travel the world to make talks and presentations, etc. You'll see him at car shows. That will last about 8 years and then he will "retire" from the automotive industry to work on other endeavors.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:43 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Interesting observation and analysis.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:04 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

chinese are passing us now.

Alipay and wepaychat are 2 eco systems the federal govt of the usa is scared $hitless of, 5g is another they were scared of... we have had to boycott china technology from coming here as of recent.

50 years ago, sure, we won. within the last 3 years, they are kicking our butt, which means they are accelerating past us in certain areas for sure.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:54 PM
TrackAire
Drifting

Although this is way off topic regarding the transmissions for the C8, I don't see how China is kicking our *** other than the US government is spending more than they take in and using them for loans. In that regards, yes...they have us by the ***** until we purposely miss 3 or 4 interest payments and renegotiate the terms...then the whole world economy flips on its axis, damn I would love to see what would happen, lol.

For a country that is passing us up, why are their richest citizens moving and/or spending huge amounts of money to invest in property here? I don't see many Americans wanting to move to China. Why do the richest Chinese send their kids to go to school here? Why do the richest Chinese come to the USA for medical care when they have serious medical conditions? Surely, a country as advanced as China has the best medical care and equipment available, do they not? I recently had a Chinese manufacturer that wanted our business bring his 8 month pregnant wife to the USA so she could have the baby here and if I understood him correctly, give the child US citizenship (I'm not sure how the hell this is legal, but with enough money, anything can be done). When I asked him why he did this he said that the real future is in the USA. He wants to give his kids the best chance possible....something that is very limited in China. The way the "government" works is based on favoritism, family lineage, corruption, corruption and a little more corruption. If you're anointed by the politicians in power, you will be very rich. It reminds me a lot of the way the Middle East and the royal families of different countries dole out the financial and business favors to their family trees.

The reality is outside the major cities, China is a **** hole with a terrible infrastructure. A lot of the "highways" can't be used in the winter. A lot of their agriculture is still horse and ox technology level. Their weather does not allow them to efficiently produce food year round. They even have to import bales of hay from my local farmers and ship it half way around the world.

Regarding 5g technology, it appears more marketing mumbo jumbo and very short distance capability without a cell tower literally on every block corner. And since you'll literally have to have a cell tower very close to you with potentially dangerous wavelengths, we won't even start discussing the health issues that will be slowing acceptance of this system.
https://www.theverge.com/2018/12/4/1...pdragon-summit
https://www.computerworld.com/articl...-everyone.html

Get notified of new replies

To Too bad the C8 doesn't have the Jesko transmission...

Old 03-15-2019, 11:09 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

china is self sufficient with the exception of food.

If USA defaults on interest payments to china, china will have no problem reducing their population to where food is adequate ratio to mouths to feed.

This population reduction will come in the form of a thing called WAR.

Anyone who is not amazing at creating goods, will be sent to the front lines to their deaths on the china side.

In the end, they will be the most efficient country on the planet. Im not chinese, im not for china. Im just calling a spade a spade. I study this stuff for a living.

They dont need our money... money has no meaning without product. They need oil. Us controlling the afghan mountains keeps them out of the middle east. Us making sure VE does not sell much oil to russia and china is the other game we play.

Ever notice when oil deals are struck outside the US dollar, how we invade shortly after?

Us making sure OIL IS TRADED IN USA DOLLARS, is the NUMBER 1 most important enslavement trick we have against this globe.

WHen everyone has to have dollars to buy oil... then when we print more money, it hurts their economies as their dollars depreciate and we hand the new money to USA and a couple of our allies.

It means we spend, what we did not earn. They want to boycott our dollar, and not use it. If they boycott usa dollars, we are like Greece when we print more, now it hurts us instead of china and russia.

Please dont argue, because i would bet my family members lives on what I am telling you is true. What I do for a living revolves around this understanding. And thats all that I can explain.

But chinese people are self sufficient, americans are dependent on other nations like china supplying us goods, or else we fall down hard. 20 years ago china was not self sufficient. Today they are, with the exception of food and oil. If they get enough oil, then food is easy to solve... reduce mouths to feed and take over some land as you march your troops.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 03-16-2019 at 02:07 AM.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:11 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

their social grading systems are superior to ours as well, so they can identify who they want to send to march into battle and who they want working to produce goods. They will evolve their race forward faster than any other race on the planet once war begins... they will kill off their losers and keep their best.

This is a very big deal.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 03-15-2019 at 11:14 PM.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:15 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

North korea is not our enemy. North korea is an excuse for us to be in and around china's waters. China is our problem, make no mistake.

Kim is just another circus. We are not scared of him. Fact is, if North Korea were not hostile, then every korean would be chinese within 3 generations, and we would have no excuse to be anywhere near china with our Navy. Kim is our best friend. And dont be surprised if NK having nukes that can only reach china, is not to our benefit

Everything about war and economics in the media is a joke... its to confuse other countries because we know they are listening.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 03-16-2019 at 02:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Too bad the C8 doesn't have the Jesko transmission...