Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mid-Engine C8 Corvette will reportedly fit golf bags

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 01:53 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

^^^^
Well, all golfers are liars except you and me and I often wonder about you

Last edited by jimmyb; 03-22-2019 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-22-2019, 02:18 PM
~Stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 264 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17, '19

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
Won’t be in a he frunk, likely same as boxster they’ll fit in the trunk.

I play golf and in 15 years of Z06 ownership the vette been to the course maybe 2 times. Much easier to throw couple of sets of clubs in the back of an SUV or Sedan.

I don’t understand these folks who feel that they need to drag their clubs a couple of miles in the vette...no one cares!
You're assuming everyone drives the vette to show it off. And I would argue the vast majority of vette owners don't only live a couple of miles away from a course. If you are like me, you buy the car to drive it. If there are constant reasons to not drive it, say i can't even fit groceries in it, I can't take my clubs to the course, I can't fit a suit case for a longer trip...the number of sold vettes would be much less. I for one can not buy cars like Jay Leno and just let them sit. Nor do i want to. If I buy a car, I want to drive it, not look for excuses not too.

And for the record, i don't care if someone likes or dislikes the car. I do and I want to drive it.
The following 5 users liked this post by ~Stingray:
4thC4at60 (06-02-2019), jefnvk (03-25-2019), Koufax (03-22-2019), Rapid Fred (03-22-2019), rcooper (06-03-2019)
Old 03-22-2019, 03:01 PM
pingrr
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyb
Nope. The C7 coupe is noisy because the cargo area is part of the cabin. C7 convertibles are noticeably quieter because the trunk is separate. The C8 will have a different issue....engine right behind your head....

I am going to remove the barrier separating the engine compartment from the engine to the main cabin so I can enjoy the roar of the engine.
Old 03-22-2019, 03:53 PM
RWSjr
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ~Stingray
You're assuming everyone drives the vette to show it off. And I would argue the vast majority of vette owners don't only live a couple of miles away from a course. If you are like me, you buy the car to drive it. If there are constant reasons to not drive it, say i can't even fit groceries in it, I can't take my clubs to the course, I can't fit a suit case for a longer trip...the number of sold vettes would be much less. I for one can not buy cars like Jay Leno and just let them sit. Nor do i want to. If I buy a car, I want to drive it, not look for excuses not too.

And for the record, i don't care if someone likes or dislikes the car. I do and I want to drive it.
+1. I literally brought my clubs in the showroom and tried them out in a C6 before ordering the car. No fit, no order... Two bags fit easily, so obviously ordered the car. For me, more than half the reason to have the car is to actually use it to get somewhere/get something done, not just to go joy riding. So yeah, holding a golf bag or two is definate must. It's what separates Corvette from other sports cars ---- its usefullness blended in with great capability... my $.02 1/2
Old 03-22-2019, 05:11 PM
AzDave47
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,509 Likes on 2,598 Posts

Originally Posted by pingrr
I am going to remove the barrier separating the engine compartment from the engine to the main cabin so I can enjoy the roar of the engine.
..until you pass out from the carbon monoxide fumes coming into the passenger compartment.
Old 03-24-2019, 02:20 PM
Ted P
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 129 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyb

When did "2 golf bags" become the standard for a SPORTS car?
In my business I am at various country clubs frequently. I NEVER see Corvettes at any of them.
See them all the time at courses I play. It's my weekend car so enjoy taking it to the the driving range and golf course. Really don't care much about the c8 as I want to enjoy my z06 for a few more years anyway
Old 03-24-2019, 02:21 PM
torquenstein
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

hi all, this is an honest question to the golfers here, from a quick search does this look about right?

On average, the volume of a golf bag is 40cm x 40cm x 130cm = 208 litres.

https://www.onlinegolf.eu/blog/Worst-Cars-For-Golf.html

therefore, if the new corvette will hold 2 of these.. could we expect approx. 400 liters of front trunk space? or is this not good info?

I know irregular, etc. but is that realistic? thank you.
Old 03-24-2019, 03:45 PM
David Robert
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

An attached golf bag holder to the rear bumper somehow...more likely although acura does have the ability to hold one golf bag in its rear trunk as long as you pull two clubs out and lay them in separately...maybe that how the c8 will do one golf bag capability in rear trunk.An attached golf bag holder to the rear bumper somehow...more likely although Acura does have the ability to hold one golf bag in its rear trunk as long as you pull two clubs out and lay them in separately...maybe that how the c8 will do one golf bag capability in rear trunk.
Old 03-24-2019, 09:59 PM
Red67John
Pro

Received 394 Likes on 195 Posts

Geez, does this mean if I buy a C8 I’ll have to take up golf again? That’s it, I’m getting the Porsche.
Old 03-25-2019, 06:35 PM
torquenstein
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Red67John
Geez, does this mean if I buy a C8 I’ll have to take up golf again? That’s it, I’m getting the Porsche.
I'm trying to figure out how much extra fuel we can attach in fuel cells. last thing I'll stick in this thing is a golf bag. we're outfitting now for Mykonos - ibiza. gonna be a blow out
Old 03-25-2019, 06:55 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenn Quagmire
I can’t wait until the need to accommodate golf clubs in a Corvette goes the way of the dinosaurs. Nothing against golfing or golfers, just shouldn’t even be a consideration. Golfing is on the decline and the need to carry clubs isn’t a consideration for buyers looking to purchase many of the direct competitors (911, Huracan, R8, NSX, 570S, etc) to the Corvette.
Exactly, golf is on a serious decline. Golf clubs are folding right and left. Ridiculous waste of time and money. All the fat asses I know golf and think they are getting exercise, what a joke.
Old 03-25-2019, 06:57 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

I don't play golf, but the large cargo space in the rear of my C6 Z06 sure is nice when I drive for 3 days to reach the Pacific ocean and then drive for three days on the PCH to Washington, then another 4 days back through the Black Hills etc to get home.

Sure is enjoyable going to a nice restaurant and relaxing after driving all day enjoying the scenery in my Corvette(instead of in my 4 door sedan that is back home in the garage), instead of stopping by McDonalds drive thru and then going back to the motel and doing laundry for a couple of hours while eating a delicious Quarter Pounder every other day. LOL

After a 10-14 day road trip, I do my laundry at home, where I can do other things while the washer and dryer are doing their things.

I'm single and I didn't buy my Corvette just to leave it at home while I take my 4 door sedan to do all my running around.

Last edited by JoesC5; 03-25-2019 at 07:01 PM.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:05 PM
V Vette
Le Mans Master

Received 420 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
Of course, it will fit golf bags, just like this Lotus Elise.

Take up tennis!, besides it will keep you in shape!
Old 03-25-2019, 07:31 PM
jim2092
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 298 Likes on 165 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by punky
Exactly, golf is on a serious decline. Golf clubs are folding right and left. Ridiculous waste of time and money. All the fat asses I know golf and think they are getting exercise, what a joke.
Have to take that Dale Carnegie course one more time.
The following users liked this post:
Twin6s (06-24-2019)
Old 03-25-2019, 07:32 PM
Zaro Tundov
Drifting

Received 1,039 Likes on 554 Posts

I predict 15 cubic feet, same as the C7. Indications are that the design team had to match the cargo volume of the C7 in order to get the C8 approved by Reuss.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:39 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by jim2092
Have to take that Dale Carnegie course one more time.
Yeah cause it sure as hell will not be a golf lesson!
Old 03-25-2019, 09:07 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by punky
Yeah cause it sure as hell will not be a golf lesson!
In 2013, in the US, there were 456,500,000 rounds of golf played. I don't think anyone noticed your skinny *** not being on the golf course.

Last edited by JoesC5; 03-26-2019 at 08:35 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Twin6s (06-24-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Mid-Engine C8 Corvette will reportedly fit golf bags

Old 03-25-2019, 09:16 PM
jefnvk
Melting Slicks

Received 1,022 Likes on 637 Posts

Love it when folks freak out over golf clubs. Two golf bags are easy for most to visualize and easy for folks to understand that there is usable cargo space.

I tell you 15 cu ft, then I tell you two golf bags, which is quicker for your mind to visualize? Would it be better if I measured in hockey bags or pop up canopies and lawn chairs?
Old 03-25-2019, 09:18 PM
GordyRay
VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 111 Likes on 62 Posts

Golf in the U.S. is growing more than ever. The First Tee program has quadrupled in population & attendance all around the country. I play golf regularly and I find it more difficult to secure tee times than just a few years ago.
So maybe some companies are folding because they shouldn't been in the business to begin with. But golf is definitely not declining in participation by the weekend warriors. Just go to the First Tee web page or the PGA webpage and more and more crowds of fans are attending PGA tournaments so golf is definitely very healthy. The very fact that the Corvette has always advertised that you can securely stuff two golf bags in the coupe had been received well by golfers. I drive my Corvettes to the golf course and I see surprising number of other Corvettes in the parking lot. I will be happy if the C8 will fit two golf bags, hence it will be a good weekend travel car.
Cheers,

Old 03-26-2019, 10:04 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by JoesC5
In 2013, in the US, there were 456,500,000 rounds of golf played. I don't think anyone noticed your skinny *** not being on the golf course.
LOL! I am 6'3", 225lbs, with a 35" waist. Not skinny. You don't stay that way riding around in one of those cute little motorized carts sucking on beer all day. The thought of resorting to that would be enough for me to end an early retirement.

Quick Reply: Mid-Engine C8 Corvette will reportedly fit golf bags