Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The C7 and FE Corvettes are dead...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 09:56 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Received 647 Likes on 510 Posts

i was actually thinking to myself today... GM could probably backpedal out of the reveal and say the date is for a partial reveal/teaser.

Maybe i missed it, did they say in writing that the full reveal of the car will happen on 7 18 19?
Old 04-15-2019, 09:58 PM
Zora_Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 2,017 Likes on 702 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikec7z
i was actually thinking to myself today... GM could probably backpedal out of the reveal and say the date is for a partial reveal/teaser.

Maybe i missed it, did they say in writing that the full reveal of the car will happen on 7 18 19?
Are you seriously asking this?
The following users liked this post:
Mikec7z (04-15-2019)
Old 04-15-2019, 10:03 PM
pietro c7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,157 Likes on 650 Posts

I don’t think so Mike...They’re trying to create a hype,and annonced an official reveal date....I don’t think an up skirt slightly above the knee is gonna cut it.
Mikec7z (04-15-2019)
Old 04-15-2019, 10:04 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

obviously im probably wrong, but who is to say they dont just take the car out at the racing event that weekend, and show off a bit, and do a bit of a teaser, and tell us another date is further down the road back at GM headquarters?

If they aren't comfortable to release the car this week, then they arent done yet. If they arent done in time for 7 18 19 , then what? where is it in writing they will provide a full reveal?

im simply saying, i dont think they put themselves in a box... they gave us a date, and we assumed what it meant.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 04-15-2019 at 10:05 PM.
Old 04-15-2019, 10:04 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Originally Posted by PCMIII
Well Porsche is bringing back the manual for the 911 even though they have a great DCT. I think the C8 DCT is going to be very problematic, so many buyers would not want it just for that reason.
I KNOW all that. My question (again) was:
Would 20% of C7 buyers still chosen the 7 speed manual if the OTHER transmission choice was a 7 speed DCT rather than the A6/A8?
My money says that if the C7 had offered a DCT, manual sales would have been 10% or LESS (just like Ferrari when they still offered a manual).

PS. I just sold my 7 speed MANUAL 2014 convertible so if you're thinking about a lecture, don't.

Last edited by jimmyb; 04-15-2019 at 10:09 PM.
Old 04-15-2019, 10:26 PM
Zora_Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 2,017 Likes on 702 Posts

obviously im probably wrong, but who is to say they dont just take the car out at the racing event that weekend, and show off a bit, and do a bit of a teaser, and tell us another date is further down the road back at GM headquarters?

If they aren't comfortable to release the car this week, then they arent done yet. If they arent done in time for 7 18 19 , then what? where is it in writing they will provide a full reveal?

im simply saying, i dont think they put themselves in a box... they gave us a date, and we assumed what it meant.
It is literally on Chevy's website... "Next Generation Corvette Reveal Date 7/18/19"
The following 3 users liked this post by Zora_Vette:
BEAR-AvHistory (04-16-2019), Mikec7z (04-15-2019), Stoplight (04-15-2019)
Old 04-15-2019, 10:41 PM
Stoplight
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

obviously im probably wrong.
Yup.
Mikec7z (04-15-2019)
Old 04-15-2019, 10:52 PM
Stoplight
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryU
My guess is the Grand Sport I’ll get when it comes out will have movable aero, a “modern engine” and wider tires! Yep, I’ll pay more than the base C8- no problem!

Yep, I like the look of my two 1967 330P4 Ferrari’s better (albeit very small) BUT would not be practical as a DD as my C7 is and C8 will be!

James Glickenhaus?
Old 04-15-2019, 11:37 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

If it looked like the Ferrari F8, the ME would be fine. But it looks like a rolling brick. I suppose you love the rear spoiler too.
I think the back end has some tricks up its sleeve under that camo.

The other thing is, instead of companies creating aftermarket front ends for the cars to make them look better,

i have a feeling on the c8, it will be the rear quarter panels and rear bumper cover where they start... should it not look so great
Old 04-16-2019, 12:33 AM
VETTE-NV
16 Vettes and counting…..
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,144 Likes on 541 Posts

Fortunately there are lots of other choices out there. If Corvette decides to abandon the market it has profitably dominated for over 6 decades, that's their choice. You can't fix stupid.
And you are unfixable
The following 4 users liked this post by VETTE-NV:
BEAR-AvHistory (04-16-2019), Les (04-16-2019), Roscoe Primrose (04-16-2019), ShagVette (04-17-2019)
Old 04-16-2019, 09:47 AM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,668 Likes on 8,311 Posts

It's was "done" enough to reveal last fall, which was when a lot of VIPs with important relationships to GM were invited to special viewings. The idea of waiting was to have it in production 4-5 months after the reveal. Showing a car too long before it's ready for production is a major buzz kill.

A 7-18-19 reveal is a 100% certainty barring war or major disaster. What that means is whatever issues they may have discovered during testing have been resolved to GM's satisfaction. Thus, the GM board has given the green light for production by year-end.

Last edited by Foosh; 04-16-2019 at 09:51 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Foosh:
jefnvk (04-16-2019), RapidC84B (04-16-2019), Red67John (04-17-2019)
Old 04-17-2019, 12:53 AM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Foosh
It's was "done" enough to reveal last fall, which was when a lot of VIPs with important relationships to GM were invited to special viewings. The idea of waiting was to have it in production 4-5 months after the reveal. Showing a car too long before it's ready for production is a major buzz kill.

A 7-18-19 reveal is a 100% certainty barring war or major disaster. What that means is whatever issues they may have discovered during testing have been resolved to GM's satisfaction. Thus, the GM board has given the green light for production by year-end.
Ive heard a different story, ive heard the reveal is to buy them some time and give people confidence, and the car wont be produced until next spring at the earliest... even if they claim it will be ready by christmas.

This is why i brainstormed maybe they would only do a partial reveal... and then do the rest later... to milk out the clock as much as possible. I agree, i never bothered checking their site, and it does say full reveal, so i agree that is what will happen 7 18 19.

Time will tell who is right tho on the christmas vs spring-or-later release. I want the car to be released. I want the reveal to go well and be a full showing...

but i believe i know what is wrong with the car, and its not electronics, or frame bending, or gas station no-starts...

the problem is something the corvette community would be furious about, if they heard about it being a problem... again.

So... im actually becoming an expert on that exact topic, in my own personal business ventures, and ive learned that "my solution" to the problem is not an option on the table for GM, at least, that is what my source says... as my option would "take too long to fully test"

so, we will see what happens. Those saying the c7 is dead, sure... but go ahead and call your latest date you think it's production will have been stopped by....

And then I will give you my... "later" or "sooner" prediction

Last edited by Mikec7z; 04-17-2019 at 01:00 AM.
Old 04-17-2019, 01:27 AM
ojm
Le Mans Master

Received 202 Likes on 155 Posts

Ive heard a different story, ive heard the reveal is to buy them some time and give people confidence, and the car wont be produced until next spring at the earliest... even if they claim it will be ready by christmas.

This is why i brainstormed maybe they would only do a partial reveal... and then do the rest later... to milk out the clock as much as possible. I agree, i never bothered checking their site, and it does say full reveal, so i agree that is what will happen 7 18 19.

Time will tell who is right tho on the christmas vs spring-or-later release. I want the car to be released. I want the reveal to go well and be a full showing...

but i believe i know what is wrong with the car, and its not electronics, or frame bending, or gas station no-starts...

the problem is something the corvette community would be furious about, if they heard about it being a problem... again.

So... im actually becoming an expert on that exact topic, in my own personal business ventures, and ive learned that "my solution" to the problem is not an option on the table for GM, at least, that is what my source says... as my option would "take too long to fully test"

so, we will see what happens. Those saying the c7 is dead, sure... but go ahead and call your latest date you think it's production will have been stopped by....

What is this problem again??
Old 04-17-2019, 01:30 AM
Stingray Sam
Pro

Received 258 Likes on 101 Posts

A lot of negative commenters here seem to fit in the last personality type below:

Just sayin’.....
Old 04-17-2019, 07:38 AM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

Received 1,051 Likes on 442 Posts

Originally Posted by ojm
What is this problem again??
Mike you already started a tread with your the car has over heating issue and that's why it's delayed.

Then when you had multiple CF member challenge you on your latest theory about why the car is not being revealed until 7 18 19 due to overheating issue GM cannot figure out. You had the mods delete the thread.

This was 2 days ago. Now here you are with the same BS about the C8 overheating after you just begged the mods to delete your tread on the same subject .

These voices you hear giving you this inside information might just be in your head.

But if you want to start another crazy unfounded issue about the C8 like it won't start at gas station by all means feel free.

Just be prepared to be asked to back up this THEORY that you have come up with.

Why did you ask the mods to delete the tread if your so confident in your NEW car can't be show because it has unresolved over heating issues.

All this after Deb Red a mod who clearly is in the know shot down your theory that the C8 has unresolved over heating issue and you asked to have tread deleted.

Now 48 hours later your spreading this same INSIDE INFO you claim to have as why the C8 can't be revealed any sooner than 7 18 19.

I think the inside info you are getting are tiny voices in your own head!!
The following 5 users liked this post by vetteman41960:
Foosh (04-17-2019), jimmyb (04-17-2019), Mikec7z (04-17-2019), Red67John (04-17-2019), ShagVette (04-17-2019)
Old 04-17-2019, 10:22 AM
Shaka
Safety Car

Received 1,331 Likes on 790 Posts

Originally Posted by Stingray Sam
A lot of negative commenters here seem to fit in the last personality type below:

Just sayin’.....
Except for an engineer who believes that the glass has twice the volume it should have. Just saying.
Old 04-17-2019, 10:24 AM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

maybe i was searching for info on the forum to see if anyone else had heard this, and the way a couple "in the know people responded in the first 2 posts" to my thread, confirmed (in my opinion) that my friend was correct.

Most of you missed it... the first people confirmed it they way they responded (in my opinion), and then they edited their posts quickly after.

I don't KNOW 100% what the problem is obviously.

But if i had to guess and stake something on it, electronics, and bending frames, cracked glass, or the car dying at gas stations, are no longer my top belief on why the car is delayed.. that's all minor or fabricated silly stuff.

Time will tell if what I have heard is correct or not. I don't want that to become the topic of this thread.

I had the other thread deleted, because i had gained what I was after within those first 2 posts, and everyone after those 2 posts were going to be brain damage argument, so i agreed and said pull it down.

This thread is about how "the c7 are dead".... probably in the future they are dead, but not yet. Factory is still rolling them out as of today.

So if the future of this thread moving forward is to perhaps guess WHEN the c7 is dead, ill go ahead and say I believe a front engine vette will be produced past Sept. 30th 2019.

We will start there and see how many people want to claim that I am incorrect.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 04-17-2019 at 11:06 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To The C7 and FE Corvettes are dead...

Old 04-17-2019, 10:33 AM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

Received 1,051 Likes on 442 Posts

maybe i was searching for info on the forum to see if anyone else had heard this, and the way a couple "in the know people responded in the first 2 posts" to my thread, confirmed (in my opinion) that my friend was correct.

Most of you missed it... the first people confirmed it they way they responded (in my opinion), and then they edited their posts quickly after.

I don't KNOW what the problem is.

But if i had to guess and stake something on it, electronics and bending frames or the car dying at gas stations, is no longer my top belief on why the car is delayed.. thats all minor silly stuff.

Time will tell if what I have heard is correct or not. I don't want that to become the topic of this thread.

This thread is about how "the c7 are dead".... maybe in the future, but not yet. Factory is still rolling them out. So if the future of this thread moving forward is to perhaps guess WHEN the c7 is dead, ill go ahead and say I believe a front engine vette will be produced past Sept. 30th 2019.

We will start there and see how many people want to claim that I am incorrect.
If the topic is the C7 is dead why the post about your C8 is overheating and GM can't figure out why just posted last night?

Also no one confirmed your theory that the C8 is delayed due to unresolved over heating issue.

If it had been confirmed rather that what truly happened that you were called out for making up BS
In your own little corner of the world why did you ask the mods 3 time to delete the tread.

Again a person who I think really does have inside information and has proven to be accurate DEB RED ZR1 shot your latest brainstorm down unequivocally as being BS and there no such issue with the C8.

Again you might want to see a professional about the voice you keep hearing in your head and then claim are insider info.
Old 04-17-2019, 10:36 AM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

i never said it was ________ here. So if you could do us all a favor and delete those words of what the c8 problem might be, from your 2 posts, that would avoid this thread getting closed.

Here above, I simply said i believe GM has a problem that is not solved yet on the c8 is my belief, and the solution I believe in, takes too long for them to test/approve according to my sources... so they will have to go another direction. Either way, they need time, and lots of it.

Think about what im saying before the thread gets closed.... because it will.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 04-17-2019 at 02:57 PM.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:29 PM
ShagVette
Safety Car

Received 915 Likes on 426 Posts

Quick Reply: The C7 and FE Corvettes are dead...