Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NY C8 appearance wise for GM Sales?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 10:57 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Profit. Income from continuing operations (not sales of buildings/land as you claim) was $8 Billion.
Revenue (as I posted earlier) was $147 Billion.
At 12/31/2018 (1Q results have not been released yet) GM had $20.8 Billion in cash and cash equivalents - an increase of over $5 Billion from 2017.
Yes, GM's financial statements are based on their global activity, just like every other multinational company. Does that bother you?

Obviously, nobody is going to put you in charge of GM - thankfully.

There is clearly more to financial statements than you are aware of.
The following users liked this post:
Mikec7z (04-14-2019)
Old 04-14-2019, 11:11 PM
TBIRD57
Race Director

Received 235 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by z06inVB
GM sold every C7 they built. Now the dealers on the other hand might have a problem but I doubt it. Soon you will see some great rebates and other discounts. Would not be surprised if by June they are close to 25% off MSRP to clear them out.
for folks who want a new Corvette now, this period will be golden for them

i'm going to wait for the C8.
The following users liked this post:
Mikec7z (04-14-2019)
Old 04-15-2019, 12:41 AM
MsEllie
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom73
Why would you have to wait 6 months?
Can't bring new cars over. Wait 6 months, have the dealer put on a few miles, and , whahlah!!
Old 04-15-2019, 12:53 AM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Received 647 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by MsEllie
I would be tempted at 25% off. Would that come to Canada? Of course, I could always buy from a high-volume stateside dealer, wait 6 months, and have it shipped into the Frozen North. You know, 25 off is a big deal when the Canadian dollar is at 75 cents. Plus, we have another 13% for sales tax.
The car Mary is cruising in doesn't have the sexiness of the C7, but we will have to wait and see if there will be sleight of hand.
i missed this comment earlier...

ironically i can help you, and no need to wait 6 months. I know guys who do this for a living.... car does not have to stay here 6 moths, that is GM's rule, not USA law. Its easy to get the new car to canada once the title is received which takes about 4 weeks for everything to process at your average dealer.

PM me your cell number and lets chat.
Old 04-15-2019, 07:48 AM
harley2
Melting Slicks

Received 1,339 Likes on 590 Posts

Default ???

Who can even read all this stupid banter!
Guys crack me up! Not all of you, just the dopes with the useless threads of conjecture!
Old 04-15-2019, 10:17 AM
JDSKY
Melting Slicks

Received 1,199 Likes on 592 Posts

Agree,
Best I can decipher from all of the crazy redundant babbling posts is the OP created the thread so he could complain about GM not making him a super special limited last edition C7. This special Corvette was going to be a replacement for his buyback. Apparently the only way for GM to make the OP happy is if the car he gets as a replacement is somehow special compared to what he had. So, because GM decided to go ahead and announce the reveal date in NYC he is feeling super hurt by the fact there will be no chance at a limited rare last C7 to put in his garage. His posts in this thread read like a two year old that did not get a toy he wanted so he screams, yells and lashes out at anyone that does not agree or go along with him.

It also appears he already has a replacement car that he ordered and it is sitting at his best friends dealership but he won't take it. This even though he has ranted on and on in here about how much his best friend stands to lose by sitting on that car. How does the saying go? With friends like that......
The following 2 users liked this post by JDSKY:
Mikec7z (04-15-2019), ShagVette (04-15-2019)
Old 04-15-2019, 10:24 AM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

ill be fine, simply saying, GM is going to be hurting with all the 19's that they cant move for the next 3 months.
Old 04-15-2019, 11:16 AM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

GM: "We'll be fine."
Old 04-15-2019, 11:41 AM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,165 Likes on 5,989 Posts

The move will sell C7s not hurt them.... now that the speculation of a 2020 FE car or a refreshed C7 is dead, the choice is clear. If you want a FE car with the most storage and a stick shift, go get it now. It gets all those folks off the fence.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:00 PM
ojm
Le Mans Master

Received 202 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Jinx
GM: "We'll be fine."

Yes, what possible worry, they build cars as cheap as possible and have big brother to rely on if they get in a hole again.

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder
The move will sell C7s not hurt them.... now that the speculation of a 2020 FE car or a refreshed C7 is dead, the choice is clear. If you want a FE car with the most storage and a stick shift, go get it now. It gets all those folks off the fence.

Depends, lot on the fence to view the C8, remember buyers are getting older so may choose an auto. From what I have seen of the C8 can not say yet if like. I like the C7 and will live with the rear design, a convertible may give it a better cleaner look.
Old 04-15-2019, 01:32 PM
E Z06
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Red67John
I understand your theory, but all things considered, I think this is actually a pretty clever marketing campaign. Yes, the C8 is probably being revealed later than GM and a lot of Corvette enthusiasts would like, but it is still not late for a 2020 model reveal.

For decades reveals took place in early fall, usually September. The assembly plants completed the new model changeover, usually in early August, depending upon how involved the changeover was. Brand new models were kept under wraps until the big reveal day and people would literally flock to the showrooms.

Today we live in a social media and internet marketing world and this C8 teaser campaign is typical of how things are done today. It will be an online buildup to whatever the actual reveal turns out to be. It’s obviously working os far because we’re fixated on it and the magazines and blogs are all over it. This may have been the marketing campaign concept all along.

July 18 still gives Chevrolet plenty of time to changeover the plant and ramp up production of C8. We do not know if there are any glitches or details for the engineers and no information yet on when C8 production will begin. An announcement on C7 order cutoff should follow soon because there will need to be at least a brief model change shut down to move out the remaining C7 materials, tools, instruments, etc., and then set up for full speed C8 production.

As far as the C7, dealers are sitting on a lot of them because sales dropped of months ago. Maybe due to winter, maybe due to anticipation of the C8, maybe because the C7 market had peaked. Maybe all of the above. Dealers will deepen the discounts and at some point GM may toss dealers some cash incentives to assist in disposing of the inventory. The real financial burden will be on the dealers who overordered for inventory, and financed a bunch of C7s to secure their allocation of 2020 models. Their floorplan financing will cost them not GM.

Nobody knows when the first 2020 C8s will arrive at dealers but it looks like it will be late fall or early winter.

Fair, accurate and honest assessment.
Old 04-19-2019, 12:28 AM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

A lot of open zr1 allocations this week... and most of them not filled. GM is playing musical chairs with the allocations to try to make them seem scarce... they are telling dealers if they don't find a buyer, they will give the allocation to the next dealer then.

Only problem is, next dealer can't sell the car either.

I know of 20 dealerships in hot markets, including south florida, DC, NY and atlanta who had zr1 allocations this week and 17 failed to have any takers.

ICE those C7 sales over 8 months before a C8 will be produced. Drive that c8 around some more and tell people cool things wont be revealed today... but in a few months they will be.

Scratch your head when few buy a c7

ICE those c7 sales

Keep pretending c8's need help selling their first year and won't be sold out no matter what GM does... and keep pretending the only influence-able variable on the table is NOT the c7 sales.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 04-19-2019 at 12:34 AM.

Quick Reply: NY C8 appearance wise for GM Sales?