Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front lower lip blacked out?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 05:18 PM
Oneslackr
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon
...do catfish have teeth?

(they don't btw) ; )
Are you sure?

The following users liked this post:
firstvettesoon (07-09-2019)
Old 07-09-2019, 05:52 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder
I don't think so... there are a few small additional trim bits the "real image" has. Also the fascia appears scalloped around the headlights which none of the renders have.

I think your eyes "maybe" adding things that aren't there. The image is too blurry to make out any details. The scallops are shadows. The way Chaz, BVDS and I have rendered the headlamp is the way they are for real. In the CAD and camo images. They all match up. The trim bits are broken with pixelated artifacts so we really can't resolve anything and our eyes tend to see what they want to see.

This is exactly why concept renders are drawn very loose and with broad strokes. It allows the imagination to visualize different things at different times and then we can create alternative versions based on the imagined details.

We are fairly sure the headlight have the white line accents we saw in the NYC images. Those appeared to be production.
The "real" image does not show this detail...at least not very well. They were strong in the NY images.

It is likely a Chaz render screen grab PSed and blurred. Maybe Chaz did it himself? He has been strangely quiet on this subject! ; )

Could it be real... sure... but I don't think so. But even if it is, my point was that there is little difference in the renders vs the blurry image. It should not sway anyone either way. The fact that it is blurry and we can use our imaginations to fill in or omit things we like and don't like make it more acceptable IMO.

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 07-09-2019 at 06:04 PM.
Foosh (07-10-2019)
Old 07-09-2019, 06:04 PM
C8UR911
Racer

Received 299 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon
I think your eyes "maybe" adding things that aren't there. The image is too blurry to make out any details. The scallops are shadows. The way Chaz, BVDS and I have rendered the headlamp is the way they are for real. In the CAD and camo images. They all match up. The trim bits are broken with pixelated artifacts so we really can't resolve anything and our eyes tend to see what they want to see.

This is exactly why concept renders are drawn very loose and with broad strokes. It allows the imagination to visualize different things at different times and then we can create alternative versions based on the imagined details.

We are fairly sure the headlight have the white line accents we saw in the NYC images. Those appeared to be production.
The "real" image does not show this detail...at least not very well. They were strong in the NY images.

It is likely a Chaz render screen grab PSed and blurred. Maybe Chaz did it himself? He has been strangely quiet on this subject! ; )

Could it be real... sure... but I don't think so.
I know you don’t want to believe this but your headlight renders are based on Veeeeeeeeery early CAD files. They are wrong, plain and simple. In 10 days, you will know.
Old 07-09-2019, 06:34 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

Originally Posted by C8UR911
I know you don’t want to believe this but your headlight renders are based on Veeeeeeeeery early CAD files. They are wrong, plain and simple. In 10 days, you will know.
In what way? The basic shape? They match the Camo cars AND the CADs exactly. I don't care about the innards. They also match the blurry pic "shape" I am not talking about the bulbs. So what is the big difference in your estimation?

So I guess they built 40 c8 test mules based on the early cads with incorrect parts and are testing those "wrong" parts up to the last day before the reveal and THEN will test the real parts?... just to fool us... ?

You also said the rear lamps sit flush against the body and don't stick out like my renderings...
is this the real thing? looks to "stick out" from this angle which is the reverse angle of my render...

I don't doubt you may have seen the car at some point, (or maybe I do) but maybe your just misremembering or misinterpreting?

Like you say... we will know in 10 days! I hope I am surprised!

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 07-09-2019 at 07:13 PM.
Foosh (07-10-2019)
Old 07-09-2019, 07:05 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,813 Likes on 4,241 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Originally Posted by Plexoer
I dunno about that. Seems real to me considering how many threads have disappeared with that picture in it.
It's a photoshopped pic, and not even a very good one - just check out the grill opening under the driver's headlight with the tan triangle piece sticking out of it. It's already been stated in another thread that it was removed because it was posted by a banned individual.
The following 2 users liked this post by JABCAT:
firstvettesoon (07-09-2019), ZishanM (07-10-2019)
Old 07-09-2019, 09:30 PM
ShagVette
Safety Car

Received 915 Likes on 426 Posts

Someone that has seen it says the front is basically correct, however the side scoop(s) are still wrong.
Old 07-10-2019, 12:53 AM
SingleTrackMinded
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,359 Likes on 903 Posts

This:

Originally Posted by txapezl1
Haha, that car isn't even real. You talk about a chopped up photo, good lord. They couldn't even do Paint correctly.
Old 07-10-2019, 01:48 AM
RedDropTop
Instructor

Received 85 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by ShagVette
Someone that has seen it says the front is basically correct, however the side scoop(s) are still wrong.
I can't really make out the side scoop for sure, but it appears to be two scoops. A large upper scoop and a smaller lower scoop that is a dead end. Strange. See my red outlines...

Old 07-10-2019, 02:00 AM
kdepew
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 21 Posts

I hope the picture isn't real. There is way too much black grill on the front of that car for me. However, tons of black grille on the front is the latest styling trend (Toyota being one of the worst), so who knows. Chevy did design the 2019 Camaro SS.

Last edited by kdepew; 07-10-2019 at 02:01 AM.
Old 07-10-2019, 08:09 AM
Supermassive
Melting Slicks

Received 794 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by kdepew
I hope the picture isn't real. There is way too much black grill on the front of that car for me. However, tons of black grille on the front is the latest styling trend (Toyota being one of the worst), so who knows. Chevy did design the 2019 Camaro SS.
To each their own, I personally like the wide open front grille. More room for cooling and looks more aggressive and mirrors the current trend in exotics. If you don't like grilles... Tesla makes cars that might suit your taste /s.
Old 07-10-2019, 08:18 AM
chazcron
Racer

Received 2,829 Likes on 358 Posts

Officially not me, FVS. I don't think it is a hack of one of my renders either. The camera blurring seems real. I think the side scoop has the door portion on and the body portion off, like the grainy zooms of the last teaser images.
Old 07-10-2019, 08:27 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Never said it looks better... just that it's inspiration for the look they were going for. I think the blacked out lower lip looks horrible, but then I saw the Hurcan Performante and I guess I see what they were trying to do.
My suggestion is not to make any assumptions off of the streetspeed717 photoshop work ...

we have about 8 days to wait and then we will know exactly what the c8 looks like from an official GM releases.

if you are having fun...cool...if you are getting discouraged....id say just wait the 8 days ...

im sure the vehicle the corvette team rolls out will meet your expectations in most areas...

thats how it goes through most of the new generations...

never perfect but dam close.

just my two cents....
Old 07-10-2019, 08:32 AM
68roadster
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 167 Likes on 104 Posts

Pic looks like a scale model photo shopped to me.
Old 07-10-2019, 08:38 AM
BillY2KFRC
Le Mans Master

Received 347 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by RedDropTop
I can't really make out the side scoop for sure, but it appears to be two scoops. A large upper scoop and a smaller lower scoop that is a dead end. Strange. See my red outlines...

I noticed the same thing and was surprised others hadn't mentioned it. I think everyone here is too busy hating on the guy and saying it's fake to actually analyze it. GM loves this I'm sure. Back to the lower scoop, my guess is that it's s a rear brake duct.
Old 07-10-2019, 09:12 AM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,165 Likes on 5,989 Posts

Originally Posted by Supermassive
To each their own, I personally like the wide open front grille. More room for cooling and looks more aggressive and mirrors the current trend in exotics. If you don't like grilles... Tesla makes cars that might suit your taste /s.
Front end isn't open.... it's mostly closed and then blacked out. It has to be closed because there's a frunk behind there and the cooling exits the wheel wells.

Originally Posted by BillY2KFRC
I noticed the same thing and was surprised others hadn't mentioned it. I think everyone here is too busy hating on the guy and saying it's fake to actually analyze it. GM loves this I'm sure. Back to the lower scoop, my guess is that it's s a rear brake duct.
It's not a second anything... it's just the contours of that area on the car. It's very curvy.

Last edited by RapidC84B; 07-10-2019 at 09:13 AM.
Old 07-10-2019, 09:28 AM
BillY2KFRC
Le Mans Master

Received 347 Likes on 192 Posts

Front end isn't open.... it's mostly closed and then blacked out. It has to be closed because there's a frunk behind there and the cooling exits the wheel wells.

It's not a second anything... it's just the contours of that area on the car. It's very curvy.
Looking at the old CAD image again makes it much more clear, you are right. It's just the sharp coke bottle shape and reflections playing tricks.

Now my question is will there just be the single trim piece at the top of the scoop/door (like in the SS717 pic) or will the trim piece also carry into the quarter panel like in the Chaz renders? I'm thinking it'll just be the top like the SS717 pic. 8 more days... can't wait!
Old 07-10-2019, 10:34 AM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,165 Likes on 5,989 Posts

Originally Posted by BillY2KFRC
Looking at the old CAD image again makes it much more clear, you are right. It's just the sharp coke bottle shape and reflections playing tricks.

Now my question is will there just be the single trim piece at the top of the scoop/door (like in the SS717 pic) or will the trim piece also carry into the quarter panel like in the Chaz renders? I'm thinking it'll just be the top like the SS717 pic. 8 more days... can't wait!
I think the SS717 pic and Chaz's are very similar... just that the SS717 pic sucks.

Quick Reply: Front lower lip blacked out?