Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any feedback from dealers that will get display C8's if we can sit inside ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 10:22 PM
kratedisease
Melting Slicks

Received 2,088 Likes on 906 Posts

Default Any feedback from dealers that will get display C8's if we can sit inside ?

So, the big question for me is, will GM allow people to sit inside the cars that will be on tort the big Corvette dealers ?

I emailed Dave Salmone at Kerbeck and am waiting for a reply.

I am wondering if any other dealers that are on the "tour" list have mentioned if customers will be able to sit inside to see how they fit before ordering.

I am tall, have a deposit with Kerbeck, and would hate to take delivery after paying, only to find out that I really do not fit well in the cockpit.

Before I complete my order and finalize it and pay for the car to be built to my specs, I need to sit inside first.

I am wondering if this will be allowed, or otherwise I will have to pass on being an early adopter and will just wait until a dealer closer to me has the car in their lot or showroom.

No speculation, just looking for solid answers please, IF anyone got any info from the dealers on the "tour"

( I asked my big shot engineer brother, but he is not talking to me anymore because he said I posted too much of what he divulged to me on this forum)
Old 07-12-2019, 11:09 PM
Speed Demon 757
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 37 Posts

I have no word on this, none of the dealers around me have no word on it but I would think since this is for people that want to buy the car, and are interested. I should exepct us to be able to sit in it since that is a huge buying factor for sports cars on how the interior feels and contours around you etc.
The following users liked this post:
tcweidner (07-13-2019)
Old 07-12-2019, 11:10 PM
BK Vette
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 56 Posts

I want to hear the car as well as sit in it
Old 07-13-2019, 12:17 AM
kratedisease
Melting Slicks

I really hope that GM allows potential owners, especially those with deposits, to sit inside the traveling "tour" Corvettes.

Otherwise, I will pass on being an early buyer. I do not fit into every car well. Cannot take that chance. I will then have to wait until after my local dealer has the car, or until someone else who already bought it allows me to sit inside.
Old 07-13-2019, 07:19 AM
CRABBYJ
Safety Car

Received 1,293 Likes on 722 Posts
Unmodified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by kratedisease
I really hope that GM allows potential owners, especially those with deposits, to sit inside the traveling "tour" Corvettes.

Otherwise, I will pass on being an early buyer. I do not fit into every car well. Cannot take that chance. I will then have to wait until after my local dealer has the car, or until someone else who already bought it allows me to sit inside.
I’m hopeful but seriously doubt it so soon after the reveal. Maybe after the hype dies down a little and maybe at Carlisle. In early 2013 at the NYC Auto Show the newly released C7 was roped off with none of us pions invited inside. Black tie event? But by mid June 2013 with the C7 not yet in dealer show rooms I went to an Annapolis, MD Corvette Club Corvette Show by the harbor. The GM Corvette Tour Truck was there. At first no one was initially invited inside the roped off C7 Vert. But that changed with many of us, one at a time invited to sit in it. Quite an experience and I was sold right then and there.

Old 07-13-2019, 08:54 AM
BIG Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 4,684 Likes on 1,862 Posts

Sit inside? No, not interested. Never sat in any vehicle before I purchased. (I’m on the small side; 5’11” and 175 lbs, so never had a fit issue).

And as far as taking a Test Drive before buying? Still not interested. Can’t be any worse than my Jeep!
The following users liked this post:
lemans06conv (07-13-2019)
Old 07-13-2019, 10:24 AM
gilbybarr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,888 Likes on 795 Posts

Ditto on wanting to see if I fit (I don't fit comfortably in a C7, but do in my C6). Hoping they will allow it at Carlisle, but wouldn't be surprised if it was just roped off. Maybe we can get some early reviews from some tall folk that do get the chance....magazine reviews, etc. Even if I did fit, I would wait for the second model year....let GM sort out at least some of the bugs first and the dealer markup fever to die down.

Last edited by gilbybarr; 07-13-2019 at 10:26 AM.
Old 07-13-2019, 12:13 PM
lemans06conv
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG Dave
Sit inside? No, not interested. Never sat in any vehicle before I purchased. (I’m on the small side; 5’11” and 175 lbs, so never had a fit issue).

And as far as taking a Test Drive before buying? Still not interested. Can’t be any worse than my Jeep!
My thoughts EXACTLY Dave. I can't look anymore ridiculous in my T&C minivan. I'm also pretty "standard" size.

I can't remember the last car (honestly) that I sat in before I bought - seriously, it's crazy I know, some may see dumb me, I know. This thread made me ponder that question - when was the last time I sat in a car I purchased?? 2001 new Dodge Dakota when I was a 20 y old kid. You know back in the day when you "had" to go to a LOCAL dealer.

These days with cars being sold online and me being such an admitted GM "fanboy" I haven't sat in a Corvette especially, I didn't even see, much less drive (except pictures of the car on dealer website) of my new latest gen CTS that I purchased across country. However, I don't need to drive a Corvette or Caddy, as you know what you are getting.

That said - You would think though they would let us sit in these, I sure hope so Dave at Kerbeck does, cuz I'm spending some $$ and more importantly time to go out to NJ to see the c8. I don't even have to drive it, just sit in it to close that deal!
Old 07-13-2019, 12:24 PM
The Rabbi
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 333 Likes on 236 Posts
2018 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '14,'18

Order one the way you want it, I'm sure the dealer will let you out of the deal as they will have plenty of people to take it.

When I was a general manager of a car dealership, no one could buy a car without driving it. All car models don't necessarily drive the same. I wouldn't buy anything I didn't try out first.
Old 07-13-2019, 12:24 PM
lostsoul
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 944 Likes on 558 Posts

I just want to sit inside and press all the buttons... not too much to ask
Old 07-13-2019, 01:46 PM
tcweidner
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

why would you buy something you dont even get to check out first? just to be first? that's a kid's mentality.
Old 07-13-2019, 01:58 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,239 Likes on 1,033 Posts

I am getting the tour truck next after it leaves Kerbeck. So far all GM has given us is the date when I will have it which is Monday, July 29th. When I get more info from GM I will post it.
Old 07-13-2019, 02:00 PM
kratedisease
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Corvette ED
I am getting the tour truck next after it leaves Kerbeck. So far all GM has given us is the date when I will have it which is Monday, July 29th. When I get more info from GM I will post it.
Thanks for the update.

Please keep us posted.

Get notified of new replies

To Any feedback from dealers that will get display C8's if we can sit inside ?

Quick Reply: Any feedback from dealers that will get display C8's if we can sit inside ?