Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What features are missing or disliked on the car?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 08:21 AM
joseanMD
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts
Default What features are missing or disliked on the car?

1. The driving wheel design has a lot to be desired.
2. I miss the black side scoops in the top rear sides of the body of the car. Like in the C7 that gave it some contrast.
3. No chrome wheels?
4. Where do you put the T-top when you take it off? It snaps great on the C7 trunk! ***Correction, and also on C8!!***
5. The base model has no spoiler?
6. The stingray logo on top of the trunk looks ugly.
7. Is there only one AC vent for the driver and two for the passenger? From the pictures I am not seeing that second one. Is this a miss?
8. The interior design is a huge miss for me. I wonder who was the genius who decided to spread all the buttons all over the interior instead of keeping them in one place. Its all over the map.
9. The rear of the car looks like the camaro. Why GM, why?
10. Z51 spoiler isnt that good looking.

Please comment, add those things you liked, disliked, or are missing. In addition please correct anything that I pointed out that is incorrect or I may have missed. I really want to like and love this car but I am honestly not there yet. Did the C7 had the same effect for you? Did you disliked the C7 at first but then it grew on you? Please let me know!
Thanks!

Last edited by joseanMD; 07-19-2019 at 08:32 AM.
Old 07-19-2019, 08:24 AM
Easy Rhino
Team Owner

Received 1,920 Likes on 1,333 Posts

Leaf Springs

Round Taillights

Front Engine

In line six cylinder (nod to the really old traditionalists)

Hidden headlights

Manual Transmission

Lack of ability to order without power steering, power brakes, AC, power windows, all those heavy pansy-assed options

Lack of vent windows

I'm sure there's more, just will come to me later.
Old 07-19-2019, 08:28 AM
c54u
Melting Slicks

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts

Originally Posted by joseanMD
2. I miss the black side scoops in the top rear sides of the body of the car. Like in the C7 that gave it some contrast.
3. No chrome wheels?
4. Where do you put the T-top when you take it off? It snaps great on the C7 trunk!
7. Is there only one AC vent for the driver and two for the passenger? From the pictures I am not seeing that second one. Is this a miss?
8. The interior design is a huge miss for me. I wonder who was the genius who decided to spread all the buttons all over the interior instead of keeping them in one place. Its all over the map.

Please comment, add those things you liked, disliked, or are missing. In addition please correct anything that I pointed out that is incorrect or I may have missed. I really want to like and love this car but I am honestly not there yet. Did the C7 had the same effect for you? Did you disliked the C7 at first but then it grew on you? Please let me know!
Thanks!
The following 2 users liked this post by c54u:
joseanMD (07-19-2019), snampro (07-19-2019)
Old 07-19-2019, 08:30 AM
joseanMD
Advanced

Thank you for pointing this out... I thought there was no room for the top on the tunk!!! See it is starting to grow a bit on me now! Hehe...

Last edited by joseanMD; 07-19-2019 at 08:31 AM.
The following users liked this post:
c54u (07-19-2019)
Old 07-19-2019, 08:32 AM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Where is the 3rd pedal ?????
The following 2 users liked this post by 6714:
joseanMD (07-19-2019), lpabsolute (07-19-2019)
Old 07-19-2019, 08:32 AM
DevonK
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 18 Posts

Minor point, but can anyone confirm that the headlights are not LEDs? If that is the case it seems a bit dated and chintzy.

Last edited by DevonK; 07-19-2019 at 08:34 AM.
Old 07-19-2019, 08:34 AM
lpabsolute
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Response

1. The driving wheel design has a lot to be desired. I don't mind the wheel.....
2. I miss the black side scoops in the top rear sides of the body of the car. Like in the C7 that gave it some contrast. Agree.
3. No chrome wheels? There should be chrome, can't see them not going chrome.
4. Where do you put the T-top when you take it off? It snaps great on the C7 trunk! The coupe fits in the rear trunk of the C8, I'm sure it snaps in the same just more vertical. I hear the Vert will be a hardtop auto.
5. The base model has no spoiler? Yes, just like the base C7.
6. The stingray logo on top of the trunk looks ugly. Agree
7. Is there only one AC vent for the driver and two for the passenger? From the pictures I am not seeing that second one. Is this a miss? Not sure, would think there would be multiple.
8. The interior design is a huge miss for me. I wonder who was the genius who decided to spread all the buttons all over the interior instead of keeping them in one place. Its all over the map. Will have to see this in person.
9. The rear of the car looks like the camaro. Why GM, why? Could not agree more, the biggest turn off for me on the car overall.
10. Z51 spoiler isnt that good looking. Not a fan, but similar ones on the C7.

Thanks!

Just my thoughts.
joseanMD (07-19-2019)
Old 07-19-2019, 08:41 AM
c54u
Melting Slicks

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts

3. No chrome wheels?
4. Where do you put the T-top when you take it off? It snaps great on the C7 trunk! ***Correction, and also on C8!!***

Thanks!
To me it looks as if there are A/C vents under the infotainment screen.

joseanMD (07-19-2019)
Old 07-19-2019, 08:53 AM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 344 Likes on 221 Posts

Really, no one misses the hidden compartment behind the C7 screen?

and where are the cup holders?

The wireless (I assume) phone charger on the waterfall is kinda cool, but I suspect that being out of sight will cause me to leave it in the car.

Last edited by CaryBob; 07-19-2019 at 09:01 AM.
joseanMD (07-19-2019)
Old 07-19-2019, 09:02 AM
BaseballDude
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

1. The infotainment screen does not mesh with the rest of the interior layout. It looks like an afterthought.
2. The rear end/fascia/bumper is a big disappointment and the styling does not flow with the front end and side views. Here we go again...another ugly butt!
3. How many styling cues did Chevrolet steal from Lamborghini’s Aventador? I’ve lost count.

I like the C8 but I can never see myself loving it enough to ever own one. Too many styling miscues inside and out. The driving performance should be incredible, but I’ll save my coin for something else that is truly the total package.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:03 AM
joseanMD
Advanced

Originally Posted by CaryBob
Really, no one misses the hidden compartment behind the C7 screen?

and where are the cup holders?
You are correct I love that secret compartment feature.

I did see cup holders on the interior pic though, the lid was just closed.

Last edited by joseanMD; 07-19-2019 at 09:04 AM.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:08 AM
joseanMD
Advanced

Originally Posted by BaseballDude
1. The infotainment screen does not mesh with the rest of the interior layout. It looks like an afterthought.
2. The rear end/fascia/bumper is a big disappointment and the styling does not flow with the front end and side views. Here we go again...another ugly butt!
3. How many styling cues did Chevrolet steal from Lamborghini’s Aventador? I’ve lost count.

I like the C8 but I can never see myself loving it enough to ever own one. Too many styling miscues inside and out. The driving performance should be incredible, but I’ll save my coin for something else that is truly the total package.
Thats exacly how I feel... at the moment.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:31 AM
Maxpowers
Le Mans Master

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,829 Posts

I will miss the huge cargo space in my coupe. Impressive they were able to create as much storage space as they did in the c8.
joseanMD (07-19-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To What features are missing or disliked on the car?

Quick Reply: What features are missing or disliked on the car?