Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**The OFFICIAL C8 tall people thread**

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2023, 04:31 PM
knightofeffect
Heel & Toe

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm 6'4.5" with a 34-35" inseam and barely don't fit in my new C8 Coupe.... Honestly it feels like that extra 1/2" that gets me when the roof is on. Without the roof on I am fine with the seat forward enough to not hit the b-pillar, but its the damn large bracket on the roof panel itself that gets me with the roof on. I kinda wish I got the convertible now, despite preferring the exterior of the coupe. Is there any modification that can be done to the roof panel to remove this extra plastic bracket over the driver's head? It doesn't seem to be necessary. I know the transparent roof panel has more overall height (which I will need for the helmet), but does it have a smaller back plastic bracket where it connects to the b-pillar?

Thanks!
Old 07-11-2023, 05:55 PM
barturo61
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Tell person

6.1 in tall 34 in seam 9.5 shoe size 195 lbs and climbing IQ depends if I **** wife off I have plenty of room for two big dogs and 1 chihuahua ( ok I lied about the two big dogs)
Old 07-17-2023, 11:14 AM
Big Lebowski
Le Mans Master

Received 4,222 Likes on 1,788 Posts

Originally Posted by jjv104
I totally agree with RapidC84B.
I'm 6'- 6" with a 36" inseam, 215 lb.
I bought a 2022 HTC assuming it has more headroom with a helmet than a coupe. It does not. Sold it and just bought a 2020 coupe with the clear top and it has more headroom with a helmet than the HTC. The only issue is every time my head hits the frame on the clear top it "thumps". I think some padding will solve the issue. I don't mind if my helmet touches the padding as I can push against. When it is close but not touching is a bigger issue.
I had to do the same thing in my race car where the brace is on the top of the cage.
You are 6’6” and expected the Corvette to fit you WITH a helmet? Without a racing seat, I’m not sure how or why you expected a different outcome. It is well documented by owners and actual measurements, that the HTC does have more headroom than a coupe. IF you have managed to fit in a coupe, you have done so simply by adjusting your seat more forward / upright and replacing the top with the clear top…which is thinner than the coupe removable top or HTC top.

I’m 6’4” and after a quick test drive of a Coupe at Carmax, I knew it was a no-go for daily driving. When I was a spring Mountain they dropped in a race seat to accommodate and that would great. Might give that a shot.
Old 07-17-2023, 11:16 AM
Big Lebowski
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by knightofeffect
I'm 6'4.5" with a 34-35" inseam and barely don't fit in my new C8 Coupe.... Honestly it feels like that extra 1/2" that gets me when the roof is on. Without the roof on I am fine with the seat forward enough to not hit the b-pillar, but its the damn large bracket on the roof panel itself that gets me with the roof on. I kinda wish I got the convertible now, despite preferring the exterior of the coupe. Is there any modification that can be done to the roof panel to remove this extra plastic bracket over the driver's head? It doesn't seem to be necessary. I know the transparent roof panel has more overall height (which I will need for the helmet), but does it have a smaller back plastic bracket where it connects to the b-pillar?

Thanks!
At Spring Mountain they dropped in a race seat to accommodate my heighand that would great. Might give that a shot. I’ve never heard anything about modifying the coupe removable top frame.
Old 07-17-2023, 11:17 AM
blackvetterzo6
Le Mans Master

Received 1,026 Likes on 569 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Lebowski
You are 6’6” and expected the Corvette to fit you WITH a helmet? Without a racing seat, I’m not sure how or why you expected a different outcome. It is well documented by owners and actual measurements, that the HTC does have more headroom than a coupe. IF you have managed to fit in a coupe, you have done so simply by adjusting your seat more forward / upright and replacing the top with the clear top…which is thinner than the coupe removable top or HTC top.

I’m 6’4” and after a quick test drive of a Coupe at Carmax, I knew it was a no-go for daily driving. When I was a spring Mountain they dropped in a race seat to accommodate and that would great. Might give that a shot.
did you try a HTC or no
Old 07-17-2023, 09:49 PM
Big Lebowski
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by blackvetterzo6
did you try a HTC or no
Yes, after the coupe I was able to sit in a HTC and ordered a ‘22 HTC which i took delivery of 2 years ago this October. Very happy.

Quick Reply: **The OFFICIAL C8 tall people thread**