Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

List of dealers selling over MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 02:26 PM
RossDowningChevrolet
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Ross Downing will be at MSRP for the C8.
The following users liked this post:
SouthernSon (07-29-2019)
Old 07-29-2019, 02:27 PM
C7nut
Pro

Received 347 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Turbo
Tell me about it ….. NO SALE !!!
If I recall when FCA announced the Demon, they made dealers sign papers they would not sell over list, about $96000k. A class act and a responsible one at that.
GM marketing must be condoning this bad behaviour

Last edited by C7nut; 07-29-2019 at 02:28 PM.
1Turbo (07-31-2019)
Old 07-29-2019, 02:28 PM
Chris Draper
Drifting

Location: Gilbert, Arizona Currently Own: 1998 Coupe YouTube: My Corvette Life
Received 496 Likes on 208 Posts

The list would be a lot shorter if you listed dealers NOT charging over MSRP. My local dealers are charging $30k over.
Old 07-29-2019, 02:57 PM
mschuyler
Safety Car

Received 3,819 Likes on 1,615 Posts

Just because a dealer puts ADM on a sticker does not mean it is locked in stone. It's just an opening gambit in a chess game. If you don't play the game, you get screwed. So PLAY THE GAME instead of crying to Mommy that the Big Bad Dealer Man put ADM on his sticker. So YOU say,

You: "I'm not paying any ADM. So let's talk about your invoice price."
Sales Guy: "Oh, no! That's our firm price. Local Market Adjustment."
You: "Are you the only Sales Guy who is allowed to sell this car?"
Sales: "Of course not. We can all sell it."
You: "OK. Would you rather have the commission today, or do you want to give it to one of the other guys?"
Sales: "Sorry, but my Manager says I have to sell with ADM."
You: "Does your Manager know that many Chevy dealers are committed to selling at MSRP?"

And you play this game as long as you want. Then when you tire of it, you say:

You: "Here's my card. You have 24 hours to call me with a deal we can both live with. After that, tear up the card."

And you LEAVE. I have known so many people who won't even try. They see ADM and have a hissy fit right on the spot with all this angst and anger you see in this thread. Everyone is trying to gouge them. They are all unethical, and we are all the poor victims. If you can't or won't negotiate, go find a dealer who will or who will at least sell for MSRP at a time when they really don't have to. This forum is FULL of dealers who will sell at MSRP, so it's a mystery why you just don't go to one of them. The OP asked for a LIST of dealers who sell with an ADM, not a litany of gripes against those who do. I assume that the reason for such a list is so you can avoid them. So avoid them. First World Problem solved!
Old 07-29-2019, 03:14 PM
Seminole954
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemote
autonation pembroke pines florida told me sticker ,if bs I'm out
Autonation PP told me 10k additional the other day.
Old 07-29-2019, 04:56 PM
NCThirteen
Advanced

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Parkway Chevy (Houston) Just called me

I just got a call from the presales girl at Parkway telling me they are going to sell them for $20k over sticker. I told her I can wait.
Old 07-29-2019, 06:07 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by SouthernSon
Suppose the local nuclear plant starts melting and all of the folks have left town except for a dealer closing the doors as you walk up with only one corvette on the lot. Can he legally charge you well over the MSRP?
Yup !
Old 07-29-2019, 06:30 PM
Walter Raulerson
Melting Slicks

Received 531 Likes on 358 Posts

Again GM has said they will build 30,000/year fast as possible. Unless you have to have #1 (Rick's got that one already) there will be no reason to buy over sticker or at sticker lots of Corvettes will be out there. Just relax and wait.
Tennis & Golf Nut (07-29-2019)
Old 07-29-2019, 06:51 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,106 Likes on 720 Posts

Originally Posted by Walter Raulerson
Again GM has said they will build 30,000/year fast as possible. Unless you have to have #1 (Rick's got that one already) there will be no reason to buy over sticker or at sticker lots of Corvettes will be out there. Just relax and wait.
Don't buy until they have been on the lots for 2 months. If everyone did that the ADM would disappear overnight.
MikeyTX (07-29-2019)
Old 07-29-2019, 07:23 PM
trumanjd1
Burning Brakes

Received 212 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by evanft
We really need to make it an organized, sourced list in a Google Doc. Name and shame.

Also useful for people buying in the future. I won't buy a C8 from a dealer who charged a markup on the first model year, even if the car I'm looking at is used.
Excellent idea...Organize fellow Vette owners and prospective buyers...and boycott these dealers. Those with more money than brains ruin it for all. I understand the logic of supply and demand...but it has to be tempered with common sense and the acknowledgement that a greedy dealer could possibly lose future business because of this practice.
Old 07-29-2019, 07:33 PM
Tennis & Golf Nut
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 314 Posts

Why all the Hate for Dealers charging higher than MSRP?

I'm a Capitalist, that's what we do.

The "Free Market" will dictate what a dealer Can and can't Do.

If they want to charge higher than MSRP, god bless em.

When I owned an HVAC company I was in the top 10% of the highest-priced companies, and proud of it.

I'm not paying over MSRP, I'll just look for a different dealer. Nuff said.

But to call dealers out for not selling something at a price you don't agree with is pretty shitty to me.
Warp Ten (04-26-2021)
Old 07-29-2019, 07:49 PM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Louisville Ky NCM Lifetime Member 429 (Member Since 1993)
Received 263 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '16

Originally Posted by STRMLNE
It’s not the dealers who are the problem when asking for the ADM, it’s the buyers who pay it. And there will be a lot who do.
Agreed. We need to not buy from ANY dealer that charges over invoice, adds bogus fees or high doc fees. I drove right past a dealer a 1/4 mile from my home to a dealer 50 miles away. The dealer close to me had the cars I wanted' but they were demanding (and said it was non-negociable) a $900 doc fee for EACH of the 2 cars I ended up buying elsewhere. We went round and round for about 30 minutes, and I finally told them to kiss off, and that I would share my experience with everyone I know. They told me I couldn't bring the vehicles to their dealership for service. I told them there wasn't a chance in hell I would bring the cars to them for service, after the sales experience.

The only thing I can hope for is they eat those cars and dont do enough service business to stay in business.

The only time a dealer truly has you over a barrel is if they are the only dealer for a given brand in your city.

More than likely there is more than one Chevy dealership in your city. Dont let them bully you on the price. Go elsewhere. GM never intended for dealers to be demanding more than MSRP. GM needs to engage dealers who regularly use rgis as a mode of operation.GM has brand loyalty ar stake.

I know of at least one other manufacturer that has come down hard on dealers that were adding $5k, $10k, and even $20k above MSRP.

I refuse to pay above MSRP for ANY vehicle, no matter how bad a may want a car.
Old 07-29-2019, 07:50 PM
Dsom2LT
Advanced

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

So what? There’s enough people with the money to overpay and not care. Let them. I’m waiting for a low mileage trade anyways. I’ll let the kinks get worked out on them first. If I were worth millions I would consider the markup bit since I work hard for my money, I’ll just exercise patience.
Old 07-29-2019, 07:54 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Tennis & Golf Nut
Why all the Hate for Dealers charging higher than MSRP?

I'm a Capitalist, that's what we do.

The "Free Market" will dictate what a dealer Can and can't Do.

If they want to charge higher than MSRP, god bless em.

When I owned an HVAC company I was in the top 10% of the highest-priced companies, and proud of it.

I'm not paying over MSRP, I'll just look for a different dealer. Nuff said.

But to call dealers out for not selling something at a price you don't agree with is pretty shitty to me.
Appreciate the patronage of your customers much? Your business ethics suck.
Those that resent your practices and refuse to do any business with you whatsoever, GOD BLESS 'EM.

Last edited by SouthernSon; 07-29-2019 at 07:58 PM.
Th3Birdman (03-05-2020)
Old 07-29-2019, 07:57 PM
green2000
Burning Brakes

Received 130 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by scrsws
There were 40,689 C7's produced, while that number is huge in comparison to 4 or 500 Lambo's of a given model it's certainly nowhere near the production run of say the Ford Focus with well over a million sold.
There were al ot more C7's than that.
Old 07-30-2019, 10:22 AM
Lucantis
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by vetteship
If no one buys over MSRP, no one will sell over MSRP, it's elementary my dear Watson!
My two cents is there are very different type of people with nobody being better.
1. Those who want the first allocations and don't care about any markup past MSRP (number one or two on the list)
2. Those who want the car but nothing past MSRP (on the list but don't care about paying to be the first allocation)
3. Those who don't want to pay for MSRP so they will wait for the newness to wear off but still want it new so they will wait for dealer prices to be lower.
4. Those who will wait for the early adopters to sell their new toy as they have either moved on or have a new allocation for a bigger base such as Z06/GS/ZR1.

MikeyTX (07-30-2019)
Old 07-30-2019, 02:19 PM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,132 Likes on 733 Posts

Originally Posted by jdoelger
Not sure why anyone has a problem with this. A bunch of other exotic cars are sold like this. No one will complain in a couple of years when dealers are discounting off MSRP to sell the car. If you don't like it don't pay the ADM and be patient as demand will slow down as time passes . Also there are many dealers not asking for ADM.
I hear this from Corvette enthusiasts every time a new generation is born.
Having been here for the past almost 20 years, still amazing to see the knashing of teeth over ADM. I just want the dealer to be up front about it and not lie and spring it on you later. My business will go elsewhere if ADM is involved. JMHO

Get notified of new replies

To List of dealers selling over MSRP

Old 07-30-2019, 02:38 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Suns_PSD
Listen, unless it's water after an earthquake, fuel when the lights go out, or medical care (which oddly enough many people think is just fine), they can sell it for whatever the market will bear. You are all butt hurt cause you want a good deal on the hottest car out right now, but that's just not how the world works, nor should it.

For the record, I too would be less likely to patronize a business that utilizes these sort of business practices because I don't agree with doing business this way, but it's not my proprietorship to decide how to operate. For all you know that extra profit allows them to sell 30 econoboxes at cost which they need to do to keep their franchise agreement. Maybe that profit allows them to pay the diesel technicians they need desperately an extra $2/ hour and keep the working trucks running. Frankly it's none of our business unless they flat lie about it, which they don't. The good news is, it's ultimately just a car and none of us have to buy anything at all!
No, I have three vettes, the latest the C7 ZR1. I have no desire for the mid engine. I have 5 cars and 1 truck with only 3 garage spaces. I strongly dislike the way some in our current society label owners of businesses as 'evil businessmen/women'. When I see opportunists take advantage of their customers, it disgusts me as well it should. I consider mom and pop operators in local towns that appreciate the patronage of the local residents to be the salt of the earth and assets to their communities. Greedy owners that gouge the locals are not of the finest threads in our society's fabric.
Old 07-30-2019, 02:48 PM
Quietbreaker
Racer

Received 100 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by NinjaBum
Point is there are only so many dealers that can service a particular area. If you have a **** sandwich dealer locally you get the privilege of driving to the next town over larger enough to have one. Hope that one isn't garbage too otherwise you can keep looking or drive cross country to a Kerbeck or a similar non-shyte business.

Why should people have to deal with some price gouging middle man at all? Answer this question, what does a dealer provide that a manufacturer owned showroom and service center wouldn't?

While you're at it, what's your stake in this exactly? Are you, your family, or close friends in this particular business?
I think the answer is an obvious "yes".
Old 07-30-2019, 03:03 PM
Darknight21
Advanced

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by NCThirteen
I just got a call from the presales girl at Parkway telling me they are going to sell them for $20k over sticker. I told her I can wait.
Do you know anyone in Texas selling at MSRP?

Quick Reply: List of dealers selling over MSRP