Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Delivery time after order status 3400?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2023, 10:32 PM
vabulldog
Pro

Received 252 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by ShanMan14
Here is my experience:
  • June 22 (6 days, 355 days total) - Chevy email - Order accepted 3000 status
  • August 2 (42 days, 397 days total)- Emailed NCM, 3300, TPW 8/14
  • August 11 (9 days, 406 days total) - Chevy email - 3400, TPW 8/21, VIN issued (NCM)
  • August 25 (143 days, 420 days total) - Car produced
  • August 26 : window sticker available
  • Sept 11 2023 [432 days]: Delivery at NCM
It was 26 days from the 3400 email to delivery, for me.
You got a 3400 email? I haven't received an email since 3000 LOL.
Old 11-16-2023, 06:42 AM
trumanjd1
Burning Brakes

Received 212 Likes on 157 Posts
Default Notification?

Originally Posted by vabulldog
You got a 3400 email? I haven't received an email since 3000 LOL.
Email? from Chevy..I have received nothing regarding status except what I inquired from dealer.. My Z51 is being built this week...do they automatically notify you when vehicle is built/status ??
Old 11-16-2023, 08:57 AM
BruceV
Racer

Received 179 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by winders
Well, @BruceV , I am not claiming that some people here aren't having problems getting their cars. Only a few have them shipped to Michigan for some unstated reason. Others maybe waiting for parts that were unavailable at build time with those cars still in Bowling Green. Did you order something for your car that is not currently available? A completed car is not going to just sit in Bowling Green for no reason...

Now, if you are unwilling to wait for your car and decide to back out, that is up to you. If my car somehow gets delayed a couple of months, I won't like it and would express my disapproval to GM in hopes that they would resolve. But, I am not going to back out as I really want the car. When I ordered the car, no one gave me a guarantee on when it would be delivered. I was told 3 to 6 months was the current time frame subject to change. Did GM promise you car would done on a certain date? No, they did not.
I certainly want the car - that's the issue no communication as to the status of the car. I know the car was built, pretty certain it had some sort of issue. I understand the car still belongs to GM. The problem is there is a possibility this car may not make it to the dealership and I have now lost 6 months.

GM certainly knows exactly what is going on with the car, all I would like is an actual status of the car. Hey tell me they are replacing the transmission and unfortunately it will not be available to ship to my dealer until January, I have no issue with that. But if in the upcoming weeks this car never makes it to the dealership and never will, then it is well past the time for me to walk away and move forward. If it is going to be another 6 months I rather get the process going now so I will have a car by May.

And what has made this somewhat more frustrating than it needed to be, from no information to bad information. 5 weeks ago I was told the car was bayed ready to ship - then 4 weeks ago it was being held due to all the carbon fiber parts I ordered - did not order any carbon fiber - now was my car mistakenly being held - could not find that out. Then I was told there was nothing indicating the car was being held for any damage/part situation. Then it was some part needed and because of the strike it was not available. Then a few cars had been shipped to Michigan with undisclosed problem. Then a few more - then a few had been invoiced to the dealer and still sent to Michigan.

So you are correct - GM didn't promise me anything - but for a small percentage of us - the potential of their order getting delayed well beyond the norm including indefinitely seems like we may need to be proactive in actually obtaining a Corvette.

The following users liked this post:
severecase (11-16-2023)
Old 11-16-2023, 11:26 AM
trumanjd1
Burning Brakes

Received 212 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by BruceV
I certainly want the car - that's the issue no communication as to the status of the car. I know the car was built, pretty certain it had some sort of issue. I understand the car still belongs to GM. The problem is there is a possibility this car may not make it to the dealership and I have now lost 6 months.

GM certainly knows exactly what is going on with the car, all I would like is an actual status of the car. Hey tell me they are replacing the transmission and unfortunately it will not be available to ship to my dealer until January, I have no issue with that. But if in the upcoming weeks this car never makes it to the dealership and never will, then it is well past the time for me to walk away and move forward. If it is going to be another 6 months I rather get the process going now so I will have a car by May.

And what has made this somewhat more frustrating than it needed to be, from no information to bad information. 5 weeks ago I was told the car was bayed ready to ship - then 4 weeks ago it was being held due to all the carbon fiber parts I ordered - did not order any carbon fiber - now was my car mistakenly being held - could not find that out. Then I was told there was nothing indicating the car was being held for any damage/part situation. Then it was some part needed and because of the strike it was not available. Then a few cars had been shipped to Michigan with undisclosed problem. Then a few more - then a few had been invoiced to the dealer and still sent to Michigan.

So you are correct - GM didn't promise me anything - but for a small percentage of us - the potential of their order getting delayed well beyond the norm including indefinitely seems like we may need to be proactive in actually obtaining a Corvette.
AGREED..but if you had a trade in and dealer wanted it sooner...and I only agreed to that because it is because I would not drive it in the expected winter weather that is on its way...here in Western N.Y..My C8 will be going into storage until late March or April 24. What sucks is the free Sirius, and potential issues with the car will not be discovered until then. and Sirius radio could care less if it is in storage or not and not being used the free period and wont extend it because of that.
Old 11-16-2023, 12:11 PM
BruceV
Racer

Received 179 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by trumanjd1
AGREED..but if you had a trade in and dealer wanted it sooner...and I only agreed to that because it is because I would not drive it in the expected winter weather that is on its way...here in Western N.Y..My C8 will be going into storage until late March or April 24. What sucks is the free Sirius, and potential issues with the car will not be discovered until then. and Sirius radio could care less if it is in storage or not and not being used the free period and wont extend it because of that.
Well I just received a call from GM stating my car left BG Tuesday 11/14 and ETA to my dealer Friday 11/17. Hope to get a call from my dealer tomorrow informing me the car has arrived.
severecase (11-16-2023)
Old 11-16-2023, 12:28 PM
winders
Burning Brakes

Received 1,244 Likes on 563 Posts

Well I just received a call from GM stating my car left BG Tuesday 11/14 and ETA to my dealer Friday 11/17. Hope to get a call from my dealer tomorrow informing me the car has arrived.
Well, there you go!! Congrats!
BruceV (11-16-2023)
Old 11-16-2023, 05:22 PM
severecase
Advanced

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

Well said BruceV,
It doesn't matter much what you say to 90-95% of these guys. They will get their cars a week or two after it's built. The other 5-10% will have to wait for 4-8 weeks and finally understand how it feels. And it's not all just the wait time. It's buying a new car and not knowing where it's been or what's been done to it. Like StairStep said, how many rat nests are built in it.

Last edited by severecase; 11-17-2023 at 06:49 PM.
BruceV (11-17-2023)
Old 11-20-2023, 04:41 PM
CalifTom
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

Just went from 3800 to 4200...nothing in between! Production date was 9/21/23!
MacMulkin just sent me the email on how I wanted to pay for it.
I offered them 25 goats, 3 horses, and my spread! Waiting for a reply.
Yippie!!!!!!!!!!!!
vabulldog (11-20-2023)

Quick Reply: Delivery time after order status 3400?