Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If GM asked you, what would you say?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2023, 11:31 AM
Fast Dawg
Le Mans Master

Received 2,530 Likes on 1,608 Posts

Originally Posted by JVi
Yes; my SUV has three levels. A vehicle I rented 3 years ago also had three levels. The closest following mode was ridiculously too far away, on both vehicles, from the vehicle being followed which constantly created a situation where cars would pass and embed themselves in the wide space made available to them. Regular cruise is far more satisfying.

In additon; the accident avoidance mode on the rental vehicle was absurd. The car would jam on the brakes on far too soon causing those behind me to also jam on their brakes.
I agree but prepare to be wrong.
Old 01-16-2023, 02:59 PM
Majestic94
Safety Car

Received 1,913 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by JVi
Yes; my SUV has three levels. A vehicle I rented 3 years ago also had three levels. The closest following mode was ridiculously too far away, on both vehicles, from the vehicle being followed which constantly created a situation where cars would pass and embed themselves in the wide space made available to them. Regular cruise is far more satisfying.

In additon; the accident avoidance mode on the rental vehicle was absurd. The car would jam on the brakes on far too soon causing those behind me to also jam on their brakes.
Accident avoidance is usually disabled on the settings menu.

When you're in heavy traffic where cars are weaving in and out in front of you, that is not the time for any cruise control.

There's nothing satisfying about regular cruise unless you can get everybody to do the exact same speed. Otherwise you have to keep resetting it when your .2 mph difference in speed eventually has you tailgating the car in front of you.
Old 01-16-2023, 03:01 PM
Majestic94
Safety Car

Received 1,913 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Dawg
I agree but prepare to be wrong.
When I was a kid, old people hated regular cruise. Now they hate adaptive cruise but regular cruise is old enough to be acceptable.
Old 01-16-2023, 09:20 PM
Fast Dawg
Le Mans Master

Received 2,530 Likes on 1,608 Posts

Originally Posted by Majestic94
When I was a kid, old people hated regular cruise. Now they hate adaptive cruise but regular cruise is old enough to be acceptable.
The following users liked this post:
Mike Campbell (01-17-2023)

Quick Reply: If GM asked you, what would you say?