Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Up dated DCT

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2022, 01:24 PM
percylee
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Up dated DCT

Does anyone know the difference between the original and the updated DCT case that was used starting in mid 21 ?
Thanks
percy
Old 04-28-2022, 01:33 PM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Received 5,992 Likes on 3,030 Posts

Stamped steel pan (old) vs. cast aluminum pan (new).
Old 04-28-2022, 02:10 PM
R & K C8
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Kracka
Stamped steel pan (old) vs. cast aluminum pan (new).
To add, the (new) design cast aluminum pans on the (new) DCT version (introduced early/mid 2021) also use more attach fasteners too (+1 or +2, can't remember exact count increase, sorry) so the pans have a different fastener pattern and -are not- interchangeable between the (old) and (new) DCT versions.

We were told during the warranty replacement of the leaky DCT in our 2020 C8, that the (new) DCT version has a "beefier" case casting design to address case porosity leakage issues.

-Rick
Old 04-28-2022, 02:35 PM
Phil1098
Race Director

Received 11,807 Likes on 4,703 Posts

To add, the aluminum pan has a gasket groove that an O-ring style gasket sits in for a better seal. The original with the stamped steel pan just has a flat gasket. I guess I could add that leaks since mine is leaking right now.
Old 04-28-2022, 02:52 PM
percylee
Intermediate

Thanks for the info, I am going in for a DCT filter change and will try to find out if the replacement DCT that was replaced last Nov. is the updated or original type.
percy
Old 04-28-2022, 10:02 PM
R & K C8
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by percylee
Thanks for the info, I am going in for a DCT filter change and will try to find out if the replacement DCT that was replaced last Nov. is the updated or original type.
percy
I understand your situation Percy and more information follows.

On Jun 2, 2021, the leaky DCT on our 2020 C8 was replaced with a (new/2021) version of the DCT. Our DCT replacement pre-dates your Nov 2021 DCT replacement, but that does not guarantee you got a (new) version DCT.

Another difference between the two DCT versions is the location of the DCT Identification/Data Plate (see graphics further below, copied from earlier related threads):
The 2021 DCT ID Plate is located on the top left, just aft of the DCT fluid/coolant heat exchanger and it can be partially seen from above in the engine bay using a lot of physical contortion, a telescoping inspection mirror and a bright light.
The 2020 DCT ID Plate is located on the lower right, but you can't see it until the aluminum belly pan/shear plate is removed.

I hope this additional information is helpful to you and other thread readers. -Rick

2021 DCT ID Plate, located on top left

2020 DCT ID Plate located on lower right

<END MESSAGE>
The following users liked this post:
percylee (04-29-2022)
Old 04-29-2022, 05:47 AM
percylee
Intermediate

R & k c8, thanks for the info. I was able to take a photo of my new transmission right before it was installed. I found the ID located on top left just as you describe it would be. I have the new case.
Thanks
percy.

Get notified of new replies

To Up dated DCT

Quick Reply: Up dated DCT