Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E Ray for sale

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2024, 04:09 PM
Uncle Pasko 73
Pro

Received 617 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by papillion
I don't get the E Ray. And no doubt I never will. An electric booster motor to make a car go instantly faster. Not a hybrid, just a kick in the patoot. Seems little benefit and another thing to go wrong. While Cacti is not my first choice, it wouldn't be my last. I'd reserve that for Sea Wolf Gray.
The electric motor is just a power adder. Like nitrous except you don't have to keep refilling the tank or worry about blowing up your engine.
The following 5 users liked this post by Uncle Pasko 73:
/Bear/ (05-13-2024), 1959Caroholic (05-14-2024), 5632 (05-13-2024), randyfl (05-14-2024), TNBatmobile (05-16-2024)
Old 05-13-2024, 05:59 PM
Bluehinder
Drifting

Received 1,406 Likes on 579 Posts

Originally Posted by sprtplt
Wraps are trashy.
Have to agree.
Old 05-13-2024, 06:25 PM
EvanD
Drifting

Received 430 Likes on 262 Posts

Location may make a difference.

I have a history with them. My dad knew Bob and his sons. He bought more than a few cars from them and after they moved off the island to Cocoa (we lived about a mile from the original location on the island) he retired and worked as their courtesy driver for many years. I only bought one car from them. I was visiting my dad on leave between duty stations (Guam and Pt Mugu CA) while in the Navy and a truck pulled in with a very nice blue Camaro. I watched it come off the truck and made a deal for it and drove over to Orlando to the Navy Federal CU and came back the next day for it. Then drove it cross country to Pt. Mugu CA where I was being stationed. I still have a lot of Bob Steele swag in my garage.

Originally Posted by Fishfryer527
I just was at Bob Steele for service. They are slow, but did everything without issue. No mistakes!
The following users liked this post:
Fishfryer527 (05-14-2024)
Old 05-13-2024, 07:34 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,360 Likes on 2,255 Posts

Originally Posted by sprtplt
Wraps are trashy.
Like the work done, or the fact someone wrapped a car and it's no longer it's original color?

With a color like cacti, i think that's the exception.
Old 05-14-2024, 12:32 PM
randyfl
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by rkrupka
New Eray for sale at BoB Steele (Florda) for MSRP - no affiliation I was just there for our pickup. Thought someone might be looking....

https://www.bobsteelechevy.com/inven...BoCSRoQAvD_BwE
Dealer is putting 20K on that one. Not sure if that will hold given the color.
Old 05-14-2024, 03:00 PM
dohabandit
Melting Slicks

Received 1,494 Likes on 836 Posts

Originally Posted by papillion
I don't get the E Ray. And no doubt I never will. An electric booster motor to make a car go instantly faster. Not a hybrid, just a kick in the patoot. Seems little benefit and another thing to go wrong. While Cacti is not my first choice, it wouldn't be my last. I'd reserve that for Sea Wolf Gray.
I can think of several reasons:
1) AWD. Will the AWD pull the car out of understeer situations where the ICE alone would fail? I had several "whoopsie" understeering episodes on the track recently even in Track/PTM Sport mode. Bound to happen when you are pushing it harder and running with P2S tires on a sandy track.
2) Better low end torque numbers, faster launches, better 0-60 and light to light performance if that is your thing. Way better #'s than any of the bolt-on products, superchargers, TT's, etc.
3) Stealth driving out of neighborhood. I would rarely use this, but there have been a couple times where I had to leave on a business trip at 3am or 4am and I am sure the neighbors weren't pleased.
4) Does all of the above and maintains a factory warranty, those other mods, not so much!
The following 2 users liked this post by dohabandit:
graj6 (05-16-2024), JTBogus (05-14-2024)
Old 05-14-2024, 03:06 PM
randyfl
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

I have an F150 Lightning and that thing is a blast to drive. I have to think the E Ray would be even more fun. No tire spin and plenty of torque. So E Ray or Z06? looks like both are becoming easily available without a wait.
Old 05-14-2024, 03:11 PM
papillion
Safety Car

Received 2,454 Likes on 1,188 Posts

Default Got It

Originally Posted by dohabandit
1) AWD. Will the AWD pull the car out of understeer situations where the ICE alone would fail? I had several "whoopsie" understeering episodes on the track recently even in Track/PTM Sport mode. Bound to happen when you are pushing it harder and running with P2S tires on a sandy track.
2) Better low end torque numbers, faster launches, better 0-60 and light to light performance if that is your thing. Way better #'s than any of the bolt-on products, superchargers, TT's, etc.
3) Stealth driving out of neighborhood. I would rarely use this, but there have been a couple times where I had to leave on a business trip at 3am or 4am and I am sure the neighbors weren't pleased.
4) Does all of the above and maintains a factory warranty, those other mods, not so much!
I can use more low end torque on the way to Wal Mart. Whoop E
Old 05-14-2024, 03:45 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Simple solution.

Buy a model s plaid for 90k. 9.2 @ 155 in the 1/4, 60-130 in about 4.6 seconds. Quiet, AWD, fits an entire family, all the latest tech and driving features like auto park. Smart summon, FSD that keeps getting better.
Old 05-14-2024, 03:53 PM
randyfl
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Z0HS1CK
Simple solution.

Buy a model s plaid for 90k. 9.2 @ 155 in the 1/4, 60-130 in about 4.6 seconds. Quiet, AWD, fits an entire family, all the latest tech and driving features like auto park. Smart summon, FSD that keeps getting better.
"You are killing smalls" NO style. No options. Charging is a must. I passed on that deal to buy a fantastic sports car. I never looked back.
Old 05-14-2024, 04:19 PM
Space Truckin
Pro

Received 231 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by randyfl
Not sure if that will hold given the color.
Am I the only one tired of computer generated cars in front of computer generated store fronts (how does the color look in real light)...
Old 05-14-2024, 04:35 PM
dohabandit
Melting Slicks

Simple solution.

I couldn't ever sleep at night with one of those things parked INSIDE my garage, under my roof, and charging.... FFFFFF THAT!!!!
RFS-Z06 (05-15-2024), Space Truckin (05-14-2024)
Old 05-14-2024, 04:40 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by randyfl
"You are killing smalls" NO style. No options. Charging is a must. I passed on that deal to buy a fantastic sports car. I never looked back.
Just going by all the points the other guy was explaining. The model s plaid fits all of that and exceeds expectations by a wide margin.

I have a tesla. With level 2 charging now. I can wake up every morning with a "full tank". And i charge during off peak so it's literally 0.105kwh.
Old 05-14-2024, 04:41 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

I couldn't ever sleep at night with one of those things parked INSIDE my garage, under my roof, and charging.... FFFFFF THAT!!!!
So don't get one. Everyone who is doing it aren't having issues.

But i'm sure you'll pull out an article of a fire that started and think that happens to every single EV owner.
Old 05-14-2024, 04:59 PM
EvanD
Drifting

I am more tired of a thumbnail showing a blue car but the real car is something else...

Originally Posted by Space Truckin
Am I the only one tired of computer generated cars in front of computer generated store fronts (how does the color look in real light)...
Old 05-15-2024, 12:32 AM
dohabandit
Melting Slicks

But i'm sure you'll pull out an article of a fire that started and think that happens to every single EV owner.
I don't need to pull an article, a house down the street fully burned a couple years ago. Fire started in garage where EV was charging.

I have ceramic pots I put LiPO batteries in during storage and charging, not sure I can get a pot big enough for an EV.
House across the street was being rented and teenager had a hobby racing RC boats. Half side of the house burned down (probably because they charged an unbalanced battery).
Best part was I told the father of the kid to make sure his kid was charging the batteries OUTSIDE from the house and not anywhere near gasoline tanks, etc. A week or two later and the house is burning.

Call me paranoid, like I said it's about sleeping well at night.
3LZR21U (05-15-2024), RFS-Z06 (05-15-2024)
Old 05-15-2024, 04:54 AM
CorvetteBrent
Burning Brakes

Received 330 Likes on 215 Posts

The ZR1 has always been pretty limited. They run during the last years of the cycle so thats one limit in itself. In addition, the numbers are limited to the market. The following numbers are for the previous generations, so I would think the C8 Z's will be around the C6 numbers I would think. Maybe a little higher if they are number seeking.....but keep in mind. The cost of the c8 will be huge, and that may hurt the numbers since its during a recession.
C7 ZR1's 2,953
C6 ZR1's 4,695
Two points here: First, the C8 ZR1 is not being introduced during the last years of the cycle. That, apparently, will be the Zora. Second, it's not "during a recession". Although inflation is certainly an issue, the nation is not in recession, and the unemployment rate is the lowest it's been since the 1970s.

Last edited by CorvetteBrent; 05-15-2024 at 05:29 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To E Ray for sale

Old 05-15-2024, 06:37 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

I don't need to pull an article, a house down the street fully burned a couple years ago. Fire started in garage where EV was charging.

I have ceramic pots I put LiPO batteries in during storage and charging, not sure I can get a pot big enough for an EV.
House across the street was being rented and teenager had a hobby racing RC boats. Half side of the house burned down (probably because they charged an unbalanced battery).
Best part was I told the father of the kid to make sure his kid was charging the batteries OUTSIDE from the house and not anywhere near gasoline tanks, etc. A week or two later and the house is burning.

Call me paranoid, like I said it's about sleeping well at night.
We all sleep well at night, especially when we're charging our EV's during off peak getting max discounts.

I once saw a gas station fire. Then my friend saw a gas fire too. And my cousin saw a gas station blow up as well. And my uncle seen multiple car fires at a nearby gas station. Seems like it's a thing now with gas stations. Lots of fires out there i guess huh?
Old 05-15-2024, 06:44 AM
449er
Race Director

Received 4,862 Likes on 3,086 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I guess that you shouldn't get on a plane, it might crash, or walk across the street, you might get run over, or......
Old 05-15-2024, 07:29 AM
EvanD
Drifting

Or buy a Corvette because they all have bad transmissions…

Quick Reply: E Ray for sale