C8 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace

Driver door hard to close

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2024, 05:03 PM
hawkandersonjr
Burning Brakes

Location: US-ARMY 1974-1996 Retired ; Oklahoma, City ; Atlanta, Ga: Hephzibah, Ga
Received 131 Likes on 47 Posts

Default Driver door hard to close

Bought my 2024 stingray two days ago. I have notice that when the driver window is all the way up and I try closing it takes a lot of effort to close it. You almost have to slam it close. If I close the door with the window down close like butter. The passenger side close like it suppose to. Any one had this problem. I'm thinking it need adjusting around the rubber area. I have 175 miles on it so I will wait and have the dealer look at it when I take it in for the first oil change.
Old 05-17-2024, 11:51 PM
MarkMeHopeful
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,630 Likes on 886 Posts
2022 C8 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Try re-indexing the drivers side window. It sounds like the window is not indexing when you open the door.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2020/07...er-power-loss/
Old 05-18-2024, 11:36 AM
Dave S
Retired & lovin' it!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 450 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkMeHopeful
Try re-indexing the drivers side window. It sounds like the window is not indexing when you open the door.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2020/07...er-power-loss/
If the window does not retract properly when the door is opened, the glass will jam against the weather stripping when you close the door.
Old 05-18-2024, 05:53 PM
Xracer09
Heel & Toe

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine does the same thing. You can see the window indexing whenever you open the door. It will hold that slightly lowered position until the door is shut then the window goes up again. Its not a massive amount, maybe 1/8 in.. Mine indexes the same amount on driver and passenger doors but drivers door requires a very strong pull to shut it.

I did the suggested indexing but it didn't change the amount of movement. There does not appear to be a way to set the amount of indexing, seems set in the software. I've only got close to 300 miles on mine but it seems to be improving.

When I park in my garage I slightly lower the drivers window about an inch so I'm not slamming the door. I think it just stiff new seals that will soften in time.
The following users liked this post:
Winston1 (05-20-2024)

Get notified of new replies

To Driver door hard to close

Quick Reply: Driver door hard to close