Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers

((( *** Video *** )) : Corvette C8 Z06 Spotted......

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2020, 06:14 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,320 Likes on 2,230 Posts

Originally Posted by keagan
Can we all agree that a N/A FPC Z06 is going to get b*tch slapped by the GT2RS its testing with?
Of course it will. Even a C8ZR will get bitched slapped.

We're talking about a GT2RS. Which is basically the KING when it comes to a supercar you can daily drive.

GM's goal is to finally make a corvette better than a turbo s lollzz.

Because the C7 lineup couldn't do it. Too flawed. C8 high performance variants have a shot.
Old 09-22-2020, 06:26 PM
ZRacerLE
Melting Slicks

Received 3,311 Likes on 1,522 Posts

Originally Posted by Z0HS1CK
Of course it will. Even a C8ZR will get bitched slapped.

We're talking about a GT2RS. Which is basically the KING when it comes to a supercar you can daily drive.

GM's goal is to finally make a corvette better than a turbo s lollzz.

Because the C7 lineup couldn't do it. Too flawed. C8 high performance variants have a shot.
GT2RS is so stout when it comes to laptimes, but I won't be surprised if the C8Z hangs.
The following users liked this post:
23/C8Z (09-22-2020)
Old 09-22-2020, 06:47 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by ZRacerLE
GT2RS is so stout when it comes to laptimes, but I won't be surprised if the C8Z hangs.
The C7ZR, which is GM's best product TO THIS DATE, is no where NEAR any performance levels of a GT2RS. Not in a straight line, not off a roll, DEFINITELY not from a dig, and not a course.

If you're suggesting the C8Z hangs with a GT2RS, you're essentially saying the C8Z will be faster than the C7ZR since that C7ZR can't even breathe the same air as a GT2RS because it's so far behind.

C8Z will be better, faster and more efficient than a C7Z, that's already a given. But it could be at least the same performance as a C7ZR, which will still be VERY short of a GT2RS like performance.

The GT2RS is the PERFECT race/street/daily/weekend SUPERCAR.
Old 09-22-2020, 07:04 PM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,818 Likes on 3,203 Posts

GT2rs is in a different league and the price tag shows. Come on man. Stop. Some just always looking to be the opposite in every thread. It's old and tiring. Every single thread.

The following 3 users liked this post by 23/C8Z:
Prop Job (09-22-2020), vndkshn (09-23-2020), ZishanM (09-24-2020)
Old 09-22-2020, 07:08 PM
keagan
Melting Slicks

Received 883 Likes on 452 Posts

That’s my point, Not downplaying a car that we haven’t seen perform or even know if it exist as I’m nowhere an expert at this and it only seems logical that if the ZR1 with 755 could not get near the GT2RS in terms of lap times then a NA FPC with around 600 HP, architechture be damn, it ain’t happening with a NA car. I’m with the boys thinking it’s a TT.

Last edited by keagan; 09-22-2020 at 07:13 PM.
vettesweetnos (09-23-2020)
Old 09-22-2020, 07:10 PM
keagan
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 19/C7Z
GT2rs is in a different league and the price tag shows. Come on man. Stop. Some just always looking to be the opposite in every thread. It's old and tiring. Every single thread.
I agree it’s in a different league but then again why don’t test whatever it is they have under camo against a turbo S rather than the GT2RS we’ve seen a few times.
Old 09-22-2020, 07:35 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

I agree it’s in a different league but then again why don’t test whatever it is they have under camo against a turbo S rather than the GT2RS we’ve seen a few times.
It is in a different league. Porsches are always one up from a corvette. Doesn't really matter which model you're putting them against.

Why do we have to put a C8Z, when that comes out, to a 911? They're not even comparable. A grand sport would be be comparable to a 911s.

z06's are more towards the turbo s.

And the ZR1 (and in this case the zora) should be compared to the GT3RS/GT2RS because they're both on the top of the podium so to speak.

You can't use price tag as a handicap because porsches are expensive. Doesn't matter what model you're buying. Corvettes are cheap. They are low dollar, high hp, sports cars. No refinement. Just power, looks, and simplicity. That's good in sense but when you start digging deeper on why a car cost as much as a porsche, then you understand.

keagan (09-22-2020)
Old 09-22-2020, 07:38 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

That’s my point, Not downplaying a car that we haven’t seen perform or even know if it exist as I’m nowhere an expert at this and it only seems logical that if the ZR1 with 755 could not get near the GT2RS in terms of lap times then a NA FPC with around 600 HP, architechture be damn, it ain’t happening with a NA car. I’m with the boys thinking it’s a TT.
No one is saying a C8Z will come close to a GT2RS lap time. A C7ZR couldn't even come close and i don't think the C8Z will have better performance than a C7ZR. Better than a C7Z absolutely. But idk about better than a C7ZR.

No corvette is touching a GT2RS performance. Not a C8Z, not even a C8ZR. The ZORA, the final ICE (although a hybrid) corvette, has a shot though.

Last edited by Z0HS1CK; 09-22-2020 at 07:39 PM.
Old 09-22-2020, 07:55 PM
keagan
Melting Slicks

No one is saying a C8Z will come close to a GT2RS lap time. A C7ZR couldn't even come close and i don't think the C8Z will have better performance than a C7ZR. Better than a C7Z absolutely. But idk about better than a C7ZR.

No corvette is touching a GT2RS performance. Not a C8Z, not even a C8ZR. The ZORA, the final ICE (although a hybrid) corvette, has a shot though.
So what’s your take on them testing what’s under wraps with the GT2RS? If it ain’t for performance, it damn sure ain’t for interior fit and finish. I’ve seen them test with other cars before, including Porsche which has always seem to be the target for Corvette. I’m only bringing this up to drive the point home that a NA Engine in a C8 won’t touch that GT2RS, I know Tadge said he thought the 458 was according to most the perfect sports car and they used that because it was similar in overall package of the C8. So what are we benchmarking here with a GT2RS? Cost? Hell No, Fit & Finish? I think not! We both on the same boat when it comes to performance, so why have a GT2RS around and not the Turbo S?
Old 09-22-2020, 08:26 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

So what’s your take on them testing what’s under wraps with the GT2RS? If it ain’t for performance, it damn sure ain’t for interior fit and finish. I’ve seen them test with other cars before, including Porsche which has always seem to be the target for Corvette. I’m only bringing this up to drive the point home that a NA Engine in a C8 won’t touch that GT2RS, I know Tadge said he thought the 458 was according to most the perfect sports car and they used that because it was similar in overall package of the C8. So what are we benchmarking here with a GT2RS? Cost? Hell No, Fit & Finish? I think not! We both on the same boat when it comes to performance, so why have a GT2RS around and not the Turbo S?
For all we know, they could be testing the upper upper variants and not even the z06. Or at least there's a z06 and something else. That's why the GT2RS is there. Wasn't there a ferrari as well with the camo'ed C8's? There goes your z06 influence.

Obviously they're not out there testing the fit and finish, porsche already has that covered no matter what model they bring out. I'm saying that camo C8 testing with the GT2RS might not even be a C8Z, it could be the ZR1 or zora. Could be early stages of testing. Even though they're predicting 2024-2026 before we even see a zora or zr1. But with something as special coming on the horizon, testing this early could be smart.

I never said the C8Z would come close to a GT2RS, that was the other guy. I said it WON'T come close. If a C7ZR can't touch a GT2RS in any performance aspect, a C8Z, that is rumored to possibly have an NA FPC, will be in a different zip code compared to a GT2RS.

And a turbo s already ***** on a C7Z, i predict the C8Z still won't be a match for a turbo s.

A turbo s is just too good. And that's not even porsche's top of the line product. They have so many more models more advanced than that which is scary.
Old 09-22-2020, 08:45 PM
keagan
Melting Slicks

For all we know, they could be testing the upper upper variants and not even the z06. Or at least there's a z06 and something else. That's why the GT2RS is there. Wasn't there a ferrari as well with the camo'ed C8's? There goes your z06 influence.

Obviously they're not out there testing the fit and finish, porsche already has that covered no matter what model they bring out. I'm saying that camo C8 testing with the GT2RS might not even be a C8Z, it could be the ZR1 or zora. Could be early stages of testing. Even though they're predicting 2024-2026 before we even see a zora or zr1. But with something as special coming on the horizon, testing this early could be smart.

I never said the C8Z would come close to a GT2RS, that was the other guy. I said it WON'T come close. If a C7ZR can't touch a GT2RS in any performance aspect, a C8Z, that is rumored to possibly have an NA FPC, will be in a different zip code compared to a GT2RS.

And a turbo s already ***** on a C7Z, i predict the C8Z still won't be a match for a turbo s.

A turbo s is just too good. And that's not even porsche's top of the line product. They have so many more models more advanced than that which is scary.
Wasn’t implying you said the C8Z would come close. I think we are actually in agreement it won’t, IF N/A. Yeah there was a 458 along with the GT2RS and again that may be due to overall package size as Tadge said it was pretty close. I don’t think however we are seeing a ZR1/Zora model in those pics. If it is though then we can put that NA FPC to bed for those models. I always wondered why the team chose to go with FPC? I thought this whole thing about vibration was no good? What are the benefits of going FPC other than screaming to a higher redline?
Old 09-22-2020, 11:10 PM
Prop Job
Burning Brakes

Received 431 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by 19/C7Z
Just put him on your ignore list. I got tired of reading his copy and paste responses with lolzzzz typed at the end of every sentence.
The following 4 users liked this post by Prop Job:
JABCAT (09-23-2020), Lavender (09-24-2020), MikeyTX (09-22-2020), ZishanM (09-24-2020)
Old 09-22-2020, 11:56 PM
Imola2001
Racer

Received 420 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by 7LitreC5
That footage was shot in Dillon Colorado. I might need to take a drive up there.
All the manufacturers love driving around here. Team Corvette was up and down Silvy/Dillon/Keystone with the Z06
Old 09-23-2020, 03:44 AM
ZRacerLE
Melting Slicks

The C7ZR, which is GM's best product TO THIS DATE, is no where NEAR any performance levels of a GT2RS. Not in a straight line, not off a roll, DEFINITELY not from a dig, and not a course.

If you're suggesting the C8Z hangs with a GT2RS, you're essentially saying the C8Z will be faster than the C7ZR since that C7ZR can't even breathe the same air as a GT2RS because it's so far behind.

C8Z will be better, faster and more efficient than a C7Z, that's already a given. But it could be at least the same performance as a C7ZR, which will still be VERY short of a GT2RS like performance.

The GT2RS is the PERFECT race/street/daily/weekend SUPERCAR.
C7ZR runs pretty close to GT2RS
Old 09-23-2020, 05:40 AM
Savoy2001
Melting Slicks

Received 2,477 Likes on 1,108 Posts

It is in a different league. Porsches are always one up from a corvette. Doesn't really matter which model you're putting them against.

Why do we have to put a C8Z, when that comes out, to a 911? They're not even comparable. A grand sport would be be comparable to a 911s.

z06's are more towards the turbo s.

And the ZR1 (and in this case the zora) should be compared to the GT3RS/GT2RS because they're both on the top of the podium so to speak.

You can't use price tag as a handicap because porsches are expensive. Doesn't matter what model you're buying. Corvettes are cheap. They are low dollar, high hp, sports cars. No refinement. Just power, looks, and simplicity. That's good in sense but when you start digging deeper on why a car cost as much as a porsche, then you understand.

All true but a major reason cars like the gt2rs and their ilk sure so expensive is because companies line Porsche work of very high profit margins compared to gm or most order mass produced car companies. Ferrari if I’m not mistaken has the highest margins in the business. These companies stress like the Apple of their respective industries. So yes gt2rs awesome for sure all that blah blah no doubt but please don’t fool yourself into to thinking the price Is so much higher because the quality is that much better. It’s higher mostly because they can get it not because they need it or because it costs so so much more to produce. They have some of you guys brain washed into thinking whoa more money means more betterer lol.
Old 09-23-2020, 06:39 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by ZRacerLE
C7ZR runs pretty close to GT2RS
in which dept?

For instance since people like bringing up ring times look up the time for both cars.

Gt2rs is in another stratosphere compared to a c7zr1 time. A c7z is even further back.

That's why I said the c8z will be no where near a gt2rs, even if the performance will match a c7zr.

Gt2rs is far too superior. No comp for the Porsche.
Old 09-23-2020, 06:57 AM
Larry M
Drifting

Received 255 Likes on 198 Posts

Lol obviously itll be faster than a stingray. Itll annihilate the previous gen z06 too.
What is wrong with you? No one here is comparing C7 vs C8
I hardly read these forums, but I know when post without seeing your name, it’s honestly pathetic
23/C8Z (09-23-2020)

Get notified of new replies

To ((( *** Video *** )) : Corvette C8 Z06 Spotted......

Old 09-23-2020, 07:36 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by Larry M
What is wrong with you? No one here is comparing C7 vs C8
I hardly read these forums, but I know when post without seeing your name, it’s honestly pathetic
So go back to hardly reading these forums. Your rare post out of any topic or post to reply to, you bitch about what I put. Save that **** for another time. No one care if you hate my posts. Put me on ignore.

Lolllzzzz
Old 09-23-2020, 07:45 AM
Larry M
Drifting

Received 255 Likes on 198 Posts

Done
Old 09-23-2020, 07:47 AM
ZRacerLE
Melting Slicks

in which dept?

For instance since people like bringing up ring times look up the time for both cars.

Gt2rs is in another stratosphere compared to a c7zr1 time. A c7z is even further back.

That's why I said the c8z will be no where near a gt2rs, even if the performance will match a c7zr.

Gt2rs is far too superior. No comp for the Porsche.
Looks to be about 1.5s to 2s slower than a GT2RS on 1.5 to 2.5 minute lap tracks. That means I'd have a great shot at running with a GT2RS at a track day if I had C7ZR. I think the C8Z will end up somewhere in between the two cars in capability.

Quick Reply: ((( *** Video *** )) : Corvette C8 Z06 Spotted......