Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers

New Z06 info ??

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2020, 11:14 AM
Aozora
Burning Brakes

Received 865 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by capevettes
Flat plane crank, 800 horsepower twin turbo V8, 10 speed DCT, big fat tires and bulging fenders. I just woke up and it was all in a dream.
Dream? Pretty good guess I bet. If it’s NA it’ll need to come in closer to 650Hp...but I predict 5.5L 725HP, new transmission to handle the increased torque, TT, DOHC, maybe FPC or maybe not. Definitely fatter tires to put down the increased power.
even without a flat crank it would still sound exotic.
Will be the fastest thing in my garage, or that I’ve ever owned for sure.
The following users liked this post:
capevettes (11-29-2020)
Old 11-29-2020, 11:40 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,319 Likes on 2,229 Posts

Originally Posted by DALE#3
Not sure how accurate GM Authority is? Or some recent posts here are?Some seem to be matching.
https://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/chev...rvette-c8-z06/
Not sure how accurate that is considering they put a grand sport in the lineup and it was already confirmed the E-RAY will replace the grand sport?

Idk, but from the looks of it, it's rather simple, at least going by what we know so far. But in a couple of months, hopefully by summer 2021 we'll finally get the announcement and the reveal of what it will actually look like.

I think if there's NO ZR1 in the lineup = C8Z is TT

ZR1 in the lineup = C8Z is NA.

I would buy either one so i don't care what it has. I will have one in my driveway in a couple of years.
Old 11-29-2020, 12:13 PM
PCMIII
Melting Slicks

Received 871 Likes on 542 Posts

Apparently GM Authority did not get the memo from Mary Barra: GM is going electric.
The odds of GM building a new ICE road engine for a very limited production Corvette are less than zero. Last time I checked, GM is a business which is trying to make a profit on every vehicle it sells. Spending a billion $$ to develop a new ICE for Corvette makes no business sense which is why Corvette is still using the same small block architecture from 1954.
Old 11-29-2020, 03:12 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,991 Likes on 1,404 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankie2blue
My neighbor saw one in the median on I75 near Estero Florida last week, (between Bonita Beach rd and Estero exit) all in camo and apparently broke down. Couple of guys standing around it apparently waiting for someone to show up. Unfortunately got no pics as traffic was heavy. There seems to be a facility near Estero as it is not unusual to see these camo cars running around there, especially at night. It is where I saw my first camo C7 and my first camo ZR1’s. I think the store them there and they test at a place in the Glades, which is why the drive mostly at night there. All the camo cars I have seen are always going south on 75 at night between Estero and Naples. I have not see the C8 Z car myself yet, but I more than likely will.
I knew the flat plane crank was a mistake. It's the GT350 all over again.

Quick Reply: New Z06 info ??