Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers

2022 Z06 leaked via Picqtor Dimensional from parts vendor

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2020, 10:16 AM
ArmchairArchitect
Banned Scam/Spammer

Location: Philadelphia PA (Birthplace of the USA, UNESCO World Heritage City)
Received 3,919 Likes on 1,616 Posts

Originally Posted by Z0HS1CK
I'm not arguing the ZL1 part. I actually didn't know. I'll admit that. I said in the past i'm not a corvette enthusiast, i'm just a car enthusiast. I'm not loyal to the corvette.

But anyway you're not off the hook either, because collector porsches cost more than those collector corvettes LOL.

Credibility? There is any here? lolllzzzz

I don't know you from a hole in a wall. So i would hope that feeling is mutual lmaooooo
Your Porsche fanboyism is silly. Go ahead and look up values of original C2 Grand Sports. C2 split windows, for example. Moot point anyway, as prices and herd mentality do not make a great car.

I like Porsches, but they are cold, soulless, and subdued (in keeping with German tradition). There is nothing exciting or passionate about the design, exhaust note, etc. like what other manufacturers offer. Just a tool that checks certain boxes on the German clipboard. Still, I respect them for what they are, they are just way overpriced for what you get performance wise.

To each their own. You might fit in better on Rennlist instead of trolling on here. You don't see Corvette fans trolling on Rennlist with near the same frequency, guess they don't have delusions of grandeur to uphold.

Last edited by ArmchairArchitect; 12-13-2020 at 10:17 AM.
The following users liked this post:
2cnd Chance (12-13-2020)
Old 12-13-2020, 10:17 AM
2cnd Chance
Melting Slicks

Received 979 Likes on 534 Posts

[QUOTE=Rock0720;1602659417]
Originally Posted by Sub Driver

Ignorance? I had no idea what cars they aware and asked what he was talking about. If anything I asked to be educated.
That’s what I thought, hence my comment to look to the “information” in the previous post.
Old 12-13-2020, 11:14 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,319 Likes on 2,229 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmchairArchitect
Your Porsche fanboyism is silly. Go ahead and look up values of original C2 Grand Sports. C2 split windows, for example. Moot point anyway, as prices and herd mentality do not make a great car.

I like Porsches, but they are cold, soulless, and subdued (in keeping with German tradition). There is nothing exciting or passionate about the design, exhaust note, etc. like what other manufacturers offer. Just a tool that checks certain boxes on the German clipboard. Still, I respect them for what they are, they are just way overpriced for what you get performance wise.

To each their own. You might fit in better on Rennlist instead of trolling on here. You don't see Corvette fans trolling on Rennlist with near the same frequency, guess they don't have delusions of grandeur to uphold.
I dont need to troll when the facts are there.

A Porsche will always be more refined, better engineered and more expensive than a corvette.

2 different lanes. Porsche will always be top tier. Not saying Corvette is bottom of the barrel but compared to Porsche, porsche is top tier.

I thought I saw some 1970 Porsche or something go for like 18 million. Thought that was cool!!
Old 12-13-2020, 11:40 AM
range96
Le Mans Master

Received 2,002 Likes on 1,233 Posts

I dont need to troll when the facts are there.

A Porsche will always be more refined, better engineered and more expensive than a corvette.

2 different lanes. Porsche will always be top tier. Not saying Corvette is bottom of the barrel but compared to Porsche, porsche is top tier.

I thought I saw some 1970 Porsche or something go for like 18 million. Thought that was cool!!
Have you DRIVEN a 1970 Porsche? I have. Great investment potential, not so great when it comes to power, handling, shifting.
Old 12-13-2020, 12:03 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by range96
Have you DRIVEN a 1970 Porsche? I have. Great investment potential, not so great when it comes to power, handling, shifting.
Which makes it even more impressive they go for that much. When corvettes around that time frame were probably better performance cars but didnt cost as much lolzzz
Old 12-13-2020, 12:33 PM
New car dude
Drifting

Received 514 Likes on 344 Posts

One more time on this Porsche vs Corvette theme. The C8 is leaps and bounds the hottest sports car in the USA by such a wide margin its not even worth mentioning. The 992 series is a WORLD CAR, and enjoys a special privileges from reviews. The C8 in 2021 is trying to become this world car as well, but its slow going with many interruptions. THERE IS NOTHING ON THE CAR MARKET LIKE A C8 because of its MSRP , and probably never will be. The Stingray alone competes with Aston, Ferrari, Porsche and Lamborghini in the real world folks. This is being done at a BMW 3 series price, and I'm not talking about a M series price either. Whether you like GM or not,Porsche just isn't competition for a C8 package. Lamborghini and Ferrari won't be competitive against the Z06 either.
Old 12-13-2020, 12:45 PM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,772 Likes on 1,467 Posts

Originally Posted by New car dude
One more time on this Porsche vs Corvette theme. The C8 is leaps and bounds the hottest sports car in the USA by such a wide margin its not even worth mentioning. The 992 series is a WORLD CAR, and enjoys a special privileges from reviews. The C8 in 2021 is trying to become this world car as well, but its slow going with many interruptions. THERE IS NOTHING ON THE CAR MARKET LIKE A C8 because of its MSRP , and probably never will be. The Stingray alone competes with Aston, Ferrari, Porsche and Lamborghini in the real world folks. This is being done at a BMW 3 series price, and I'm not talking about a M series price either. Whether you like GM or not,Porsche just isn't competition for a C8 package. Lamborghini and Ferrari won't be competitive against the Z06 either.
I am confused because people wait in line to pay tons of money for all of these cars. If you are trying to say that you cannot buy a Lambo or Ferrari at a budget price like a C8 then you are right, but its quite obvious none of these manufacturers ever have to worry about not selling every single car they make. Yet another example of your complete disconnection from reality and zero credibility.
TARANTULA (12-13-2020)
Old 12-13-2020, 12:51 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

No one said a porsche is better value for performance over the corvette.

In fact it has been repeatedly said, the corvette will ALWAYS be best bang for buck in terms of looks and power. I said it i think 4 times now in this very thread.

But there's a reason why cars cost what they cost. There's a reason why a maybach cost what it cost, there's a reason why ferrari's costs what they cost. Same with lambo, bentley etc.

A corvette will destroy a maybach in every performance aspect but a maybach cost like double what a corvette normally cost.

Performance isn't the only thing associated with cost, it's everything. So that's why corvette is cheap, it's basically all performance.

Cars like porsche is a combination of everything. It has performance, refinement, prestige, better engineering etc.

Even if the new z06 will finally be able to wax the floor with a turbo s, it still falls short of the porsche GT cars. Like always.

And again, i always said the zr1/zora finally has a chance to even the score. I don't think they'll do it though.
Old 12-13-2020, 12:56 PM
Racer X
Le Mans Master

Received 4,389 Likes on 2,075 Posts

I am confused because people wait in line to pay tons of money for all of these cars. If you are trying to say that you cannot buy a Lambo or Ferrari at a budget price like a C8 then you are right, but its quite obvious none of these manufacturers ever have to worry about not selling every single car they make. Yet another example of your complete disconnection from reality and zero credibility.
Not that I agree with him, but the reason that Ferrari and Lamborghini will sell all their cars is because they purposefully limit production so that they do. That is part of why they command higher prices.
Old 12-13-2020, 12:59 PM
New car dude
Drifting

Received 514 Likes on 344 Posts

Aston, Lamborghini, McLaren and so many others filed for BANKRUPTCY TOO MANY TIMES TO COUNT. Your saying all their cars were sold out? How about Ferraris bread and butter car the Portofino? How about the Roma? Do you see where this is going?
Old 12-13-2020, 01:12 PM
TARANTULA
Melting Slicks

Received 1,037 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by new car dude
aston, lamborghini, mclaren and so many others filed for bankruptcy too many times to count. Your saying all their cars were sold out? How about ferraris bread and butter car the portofino? How about the roma? Do you see where this is going?
bailout.
ShagVette (12-14-2020)
Old 12-13-2020, 01:21 PM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,772 Likes on 1,467 Posts

Originally Posted by New car dude
Aston, Lamborghini, McLaren and so many others filed for BANKRUPTCY TOO MANY TIMES TO COUNT. Your saying all their cars were sold out? How about Ferraris bread and butter car the Portofino? How about the Roma? Do you see where this is going?
Yes, every time you post I see where it is going and it is never anywhere near logical arguments since nearly every post you make is factually incorrect or irrelevant. One of those companies you mentioned has not filed for bankruptcy, I will let you figure out which one which again shows you have no idea what you are talking about. Did GM file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in 2009? Yes, they did. Ferrari, McLaren, Porsche will sell every single car they make at price points much higher than the C8 and the C8 will not change that one bit. Do you see where this is going? Just keep posting and proving you have no idea what you are talking about. By the way, still waiting on you to prove that Americans are not visiting tracks anymore like you claimed the other day. See, just another example of your complete failure.

Last edited by Sub Driver; 12-13-2020 at 01:35 PM.
ShagVette (12-14-2020)
Old 12-13-2020, 01:44 PM
Dguth1975
Instructor

Received 162 Likes on 56 Posts

I know I'm trolling on the C8 page right now but wow, 26 pages of Corvette vs Porsche thrashing. You guys should just get out and buy one of each. Thats what I did. The original 997 Turbos, manual with Metzger engines are irreplaceable and a true marvel experience to drive in today's overbloated and technology assisted sports cars. Then again I just bought a ZR1. The best GM could ever make in a front engine designed car. It in its own merit will be a collectible as well. I'll keep it at least until all the dust settles on the C8 Z variants. If the C8 Z06 is a true track weapon GT3RS killer then I may go that route or hold out till the Zora comes out. What I do know is that everyone running out to buy a base C8 stingray, paying well over $100k for a $75k base car is going to be worth about $60k in about a year once supply catches up with demand. I'm a fan of both brands, enjoy the picture.
Attached Images  
The following 7 users liked this post by Dguth1975:
Basil2000 (12-13-2020), GTThree (12-23-2020), michael510 (12-13-2020), RapidC84B (12-14-2020), Rock0720 (12-13-2020), ShagVette (12-14-2020), SharkDiverZ06 (12-13-2020) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-13-2020, 02:06 PM
michael510
Pro

Received 599 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by Dguth1975
I know I'm trolling on the C8 page right now but wow, 26 pages of Corvette vs Porsche thrashing. You guys should just get out and buy one of each. Thats what I did. The original 997 Turbos, manual with Metzger engines are irreplaceable and a true marvel experience to drive in today's overbloated and technology assisted sports cars. Then again I just bought a ZR1. The best GM could ever make in a front engine designed car. It in its own merit will be a collectible as well. I'll keep it at least until all the dust settles on the C8 Z variants. If the C8 Z06 is a true track weapon GT3RS killer then I may go that route or hold out till the Zora comes out. What I do know is that everyone running out to buy a base C8 stingray, paying well over $100k for a $75k base car is going to be worth about $60k in about a year once supply catches up with demand. I'm a fan of both brands, enjoy the picture.
Excellent taste in cars!
Old 12-13-2020, 02:20 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Amazing porsche!!!

And as your picture shows, porsche is "top shelf"
Old 12-13-2020, 02:25 PM
Dguth1975
Instructor

Received 162 Likes on 56 Posts

Amazing porsche!!!

And as your picture shows, porsche is "top shelf"
Thanks!! It just means I'll drive the Porsche less and enjoy the ZR1 more! They are both great cars to drive will keep the miles down a little bit on the 997 as that car continues to appreciate in value.
Old 12-13-2020, 06:19 PM
Telepierre
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,166 Likes on 1,253 Posts

You are confused because you get entangled on your own mental merry go rounds. I say post third quarter 2020 car sales before offering blabber of your own.

Last edited by Telepierre; 12-13-2020 at 06:19 PM.
Old 12-13-2020, 06:21 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Thanks!! It just means I'll drive the Porsche less and enjoy the ZR1 more! They are both great cars to drive will keep the miles down a little bit on the 997 as that car continues to appreciate in value.
Yeah i would've done the same.

Gotta save the good stuff!

C7's are awesome but too common. If they break get another one!

Quick Reply: 2022 Z06 leaked via Picqtor Dimensional from parts vendor