Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers
View Poll Results: Timestamp Rollcall
Timestamped 12:01 or before
8.77%
Timestamped 12:02-05
20.55%
Timestamped 12:06-10
21.37%
Timestamped 12:011-15
12.88%
Timestamped 12:16-20
6.30%
Timestamped 12:21-30
9.59%
Timestamped 12:30+
20.55%
Voters: 365. You may not vote on this poll

All things CIOCCA mega merge

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2021, 04:39 PM
Z0Sick6
Le Mans Master

Location: North/Central NJ - a.k.a. Gotti in the CFNE section
Received 1,566 Likes on 532 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

LOL Slot #47 .... that will make you chuckle.

Lasgo Brandon
Old 11-03-2021, 04:42 PM
joemessman
Le Mans Master

Received 3,447 Likes on 2,063 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyclon36
I haven't read anything here about a confirmation email. I certainly haven't received one.

But, I've also read people talking about what number they are already and that obviously hasn't been released. Facebook and Instagram have lots of posers and people just posting crap to seem relevant.
Ciocca has to sort all this out next week from what I understand. It will be several days before they can notify us by email.
Old 11-03-2021, 04:50 PM
frank7354
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 114 Likes on 41 Posts

12:00
m&t bank

Last edited by frank7354; 11-03-2021 at 04:51 PM.
Old 11-03-2021, 04:56 PM
Mark2021C8
Pro

Received 488 Likes on 264 Posts

From my understanding no one received an e-mail. What they are referring to is the screen that popped up that showed the wire information. At the stop of the screen it stated something like thanks for you inquiry/we received your message. If you were able to see the wire information when you typed in your name you received the so called "email" that people are talking about.

Originally Posted by rajeevx7
I’m reading here and on Insta that people received a confirmation email from Ciocca after their deposit application was filled out.

I did not receive an email from Ciocca after the ID and deposit were sent….am I alone?
The following users liked this post:
rajeevx7 (11-03-2021)
Old 11-03-2021, 05:06 PM
Vrunner
Instructor

Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by AustinVetter
A check is just a piece of paper that may or may not be good. A wire transfer is good as cash. Checks take longer to cash. This is why wires are required and checks aren't even accepted for many large purchases. Wires will always have the advantage if everything is considered and fair.
So the salespeople there told everyone the following:

1. Have a copy of your license in hand
2. Check for deposit was strongly preferred for ease of processing time. A cash deposit has to be counted and receipted, CC had to be ran through the machine, all take extra time.

At first they were only going to have 3 people processing the deposits.

As people arrived we passed those instructions to everyone so the line would move quickly. But some people came with cash or CC. As they spoke to the dealership it became clear to them they would need more people and a means to process cash and CC. So they had 6 people, a cash counter and CC machine brought to the other building where we made the deposits (just a holding area for Corvettes, not that actual showroom.)

They don’t have the means to accept CC on line hence the request for wires.

As stated in this post wires generally take a few hours to a day to arrive in the senders account. Confirmation of an approved transfer is just that, the wire was approved and sent, but still has other steps depending on the institution. Then they are batched and sent at varying times of the day. CC is the same, near instant approval but the seller doesn’t see funds and you don’t see the charge until it’s batched, which is typical several hours to a day later. Ciocca said that wires would be based on the times they hit their account.

And with the allocations going out next Monday they have plenty of time to verify if they received a bad check, which in reality would be ridiculous to have someone wait up to 18 hours in line, not receive anything for it and try to pass a bad check. Anyway if they did I would assume they would simply delete them from the allocation spread sheet and move the list up.

Ciocca was definitely caught off guard by the amount of people that showed up in person, there were plenty of repeat and long time customers there that were all told by their salespeople in person was the best shot at getting an allocation, hence people flying from as far as California. I asked the same because I really would have preferred to have sat at home comfortable and sent a wire. I was told that in person was much better because the wires take time to hit their accounts and I would be competing with people all over the county, in person would be instant and ahead of most if not all wires.
The following 3 users liked this post by Vrunner:
FF2000 (11-03-2021), rajeevx7 (11-03-2021), Z0Sick6 (11-03-2021)
Old 11-03-2021, 05:08 PM
Villain C5
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by joemessman
Ciocca has to sort all this out next week from what I understand. It will be several days before they can notify us by email.
The misinformation on the internet (esspecilay this forum) about Ciocca yesterday has been ridiculous.
I'm finally reading through the threads here and the same 2 members have been spreading some really bad rumors in all the Ciocca threads.

​​​​(cops never put barricades, photos posted here were taken from Facebook, by 1am there were less than 40 people (not 110). By 5am maybe there was 70, 6am is when most people finally showed up. Noone at Ciocca mention timestamps mattering to anyone who asked, everyone who asked if they should do a wire while waiting on line were told being in line was more important than a wire that won't be received till next day)

Just saying don't believe anything you read on here (even this post) till the list comes out.

​​​

Last edited by Villain C5; 11-03-2021 at 05:09 PM.
rajeevx7 (11-03-2021)
Old 11-03-2021, 05:10 PM
rob62
Safety Car

Received 1,738 Likes on 876 Posts

Originally Posted by carriccp
Only 64 warm bodies, and 654 wire transfers in front of you by 12:20.

In all seriousness, fingers crossed for you. Haha
I figure around 300. I'll get back to ya.
Old 11-03-2021, 05:11 PM
Cyclon36
Burning Brakes

Received 1,251 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by Vrunner
So the salespeople there told everyone the following:

1. Have a copy of your license in hand
2. Check for deposit was strongly preferred for ease of processing time. A cash deposit has to be counted and receipted, CC had to be ran through the machine, all take extra time.

At first they were only going to have 3 people processing the deposits.

As people arrived we passed those instructions to everyone so the line would move quickly. But some people came with cash or CC. As they spoke to the dealership it became clear to them they would need more people and a means to process cash and CC. So they had 6 people, a cash counter and CC machine brought to the other building where we made the deposits (just a holding area for Corvettes, not that actual showroom.)

They don’t have the means to accept CC on line hence the request for wires.

As stated in this post wires generally take a few hours to a day to arrive in the senders account. Confirmation of an approved transfer is just that, the wire was approved and sent, but still has other steps depending on the institution. Then they are batched and sent at varying times of the day. CC is the same, near instant approval but the seller doesn’t see funds and you don’t see the charge until it’s batched, which is typical several hours to a day later. Ciocca said that wires would be based on the times they hit their account.

And with the allocations going out next Monday they have plenty of time to verify if they received a bad check, which in reality would be ridiculous to have someone wait up to 18 hours in line, not receive anything for it and try to pass a bad check. Anyway if they did I would assume they would simply delete them from the allocation spread sheet and move the list up.

Ciocca was definitely caught off guard by the amount of people that showed up in person, there were plenty of repeat and long time customers there that were all told by their salespeople in person was the best shot at getting an allocation, hence people flying from as far as California. I asked the same because I really would have preferred to have sat at home comfortable and sent a wire. I was told that in person was much better because the wires take time to hit their accounts and I would be competing with people all over the county, in person would be instant and ahead of most if not all wires.
Soooo, 240 or so people in line means we're all fighting for a year two car, right?
Old 11-03-2021, 05:12 PM
KCC8
Racer

Received 289 Likes on 162 Posts

This is what they are referring to I believe
rajeevx7 (11-03-2021)
Old 11-03-2021, 05:27 PM
Villain C5
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyclon36
Soooo, 240 or so people in line means we're all fighting for a year two car, right?
240 is another exaggerated number from yesterday. I was right by the guy with the list up until the doors opened, at that point it was 181 people. Don't think I saw anyone walk in after 12. I stayed for a half hour after paying so by 1230 the line was half done and noone new coming in (that I saw)
rajeevx7 (11-03-2021)
Old 11-03-2021, 05:37 PM
tnc1952
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is burn rate at Ciocca per month for Z06?

Does anyone have any idea how many Z06s Ciocca will have per month starting in July or whenever?
Old 11-03-2021, 05:53 PM
Z0Sick6
Le Mans Master

Location: North/Central NJ - a.k.a. Gotti in the CFNE section
Received 1,566 Likes on 532 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by tnc1952
Does anyone have any idea how many Z06s Ciocca will have per month starting in July or whenever?
If they do it like the C7Z about 20ish a month. If they allow 35-40% of allocations it will be closer to 35 a month or so.
Old 11-03-2021, 05:57 PM
Ipavebutcantsave
Advanced

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by an220
Pet theire IG, there are over 100 people in line. So people who made the instant trasnfer online are ahead of people who will pay with check in person?
Can anyone confirm please?
so you really think all wire transfers are instant just because it says completed do you think that is the time that M&T deposit it in their account I think everybody is in for a big shock with his wire transfer deal
The following 2 users liked this post by Ipavebutcantsave:
carriccp (11-03-2021), Hemi Dave (11-03-2021)
Old 11-03-2021, 06:06 PM
Chan61
Instructor

Received 103 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Ipavebutcantsave
so you really think all wire transfers are instant just because it says completed do you think that is the time that M&T deposit it in their account I think everybody is in for a big shock with his wire transfer deal
I can't speak for everyone, but with BoA if you sent it same day delivery AND "one time, instantly" you received confirmation that it was received by M&T Bank along with the 16 digit confirmation number in a matter of minutes. Maybe I'm missing something about the process, but we'll all know soon enough...
Old 11-03-2021, 06:07 PM
FF2000
Racer

Received 415 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Villain C5
240 is another exaggerated number from yesterday. I was right by the guy with the list up until the doors opened, at that point it was 181 people. Don't think I saw anyone walk in after 12. I stayed for a half hour after paying so by 1230 the line was half done and noone new coming in (that I saw)
I want to clear up a few things that are incorrect in your last few posts. I was #46 and arrived at 10:45 PM , name on Vince's list by 11 PM, and have a time stamp of 12:18 on my folder There were about 6-8 people who arrived behind me up until about 1 AM. There were very few arrivals between 1 AM and about 5 AM. Then things started to heat up.

There were a total of 230 names on the list when we stopped taking names at 12:00. I helped Vince with the list once the line formed outside the showroom floor. There were a lot of additions between 10 AM and noon, probably 50. At noon we "shut down" the list so we could focus on letting people in in an orderly manor. There was real potential for a disaster since we had to police ourselves and tensions started running high.

Vince was magic for having started the list. No one including Ciocca expected over 200 people in person. Ciocca was great - brought us coffee and donuts and snacks in the middle of the night. Everything was calm and stress free with no police barricades etc. It did get a little stressful from about 11:30 AM to 12:00 as the crowd grew and we realized we had to police ourselves - but it went smooth and everyone went in order. There was one guy who had to be bounced for cutting to get inside.

I will say that I would guess that there are 25 % flippers present - several had two people that I would guess will keep one car and flip the other. A few others seemed pretty clearly they there to buy and flip, and reports of several dealer plates.

Last edited by FF2000; 11-03-2021 at 06:13 PM.
Vrunner (11-03-2021)
Old 11-03-2021, 06:27 PM
AL2015
Instructor

Received 101 Likes on 58 Posts

Hey, has anyone seen their deposit check clear yet?
Old 11-03-2021, 06:28 PM
C5C6C7C8
Racer

Received 309 Likes on 175 Posts
Default Technology is always changing.

Originally Posted by Chan61
I can't speak for everyone, but with BoA if you sent it same day delivery AND "one time, instantly" you received confirmation that it was received by M&T Bank along with the 16 digit confirmation number in a matter of minutes. Maybe I'm missing something about the process, but we'll all know soon enough...
I just mean that Big Banks, small banks, Credit Unions all have different technologies, rules and protocols for wire transfers, which may vary based on amount, time of day and “who’s at lunch” approving personnel. Best of luck and timing to everyone as this is going to be a great car at (hopefully) a great price.

Get notified of new replies

To All things CIOCCA mega merge

Old 11-03-2021, 06:29 PM
Ipavebutcantsave
Advanced

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by BrakeFade
Interested to see how this compares to the actual line number received. We know the campers are going be sprinkled in between these times in the spreadsheet.
dude you realize there's more to life than this form there probably more people not on this form that did wire transfers versus people on this form so that spreadsheet means caca

Last edited by Ipavebutcantsave; 11-03-2021 at 06:32 PM.
Old 11-03-2021, 06:41 PM
Number 9
Racer

Received 379 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Vrunner
This can be true, however, it can also depend on what method the bank(s) use to do wires, and their policies. If they use Fedwire, which many banks do, the transfer CAN be almost instantaneous.
For simplicity sake let’s just say the Fed bank (clearinghouse) keeps some of each member bank’s funds in accounts. When a wire is requested the Fed bank simply moves the funds electronically from one bank’s acct to the other. Some banks use other methods/tools. CHIPS is one of those (Clearing House Interbank Payments System) but I think it’s more for larger transactions. There’s at least one other method.
Institutions/businesses like Ciocca MAY batch their wire processing but the actual transfer process can happen before the batch process.
I’m not a wire expert but used to work in corporate finance.
Old 11-03-2021, 06:47 PM
Marcho Polo
Le Mans Master

Received 1,622 Likes on 739 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C8 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (stock)
2019 C7 of Year Winner (stock)
Former Moderator
Cruise-In I-II-III Veteran

Originally Posted by Zjoe6
Seems like assuming a number now is setting yourself up for a major disappointment. I'd just wait and see what number they give you. Like MacMulkin did.
my wire completed at 12:18, I'm hoping for a number under 1000. LOL

Quick Reply: All things CIOCCA mega merge