Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers

Z06 splash guards

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2024, 10:12 AM
Gang Green
Instructor

Received 118 Likes on 57 Posts

EOS Carbon Flash - Great quality and look terrific. Dont see a need for rears at this time. Cheers!
Old 05-16-2024, 04:15 PM
chevyrules727
Burning Brakes

Received 812 Likes on 422 Posts

Just installed the ACS rock guards today, wheel removal is not necessary. It makes removing/reinstalling the T15's a lot easier, but IMHO not worth the hassle with removing the wheels. But I just jacked up the car a little bit to unload the suspension and it provided plenty of space to get the OEM part out and the rear rock guard in. Didn't have the same struggle as in the install video.

Also you only need to turn the front wheels one way. Provided enough room on both sides to get the fronts installed. The instructions say to turn the wheels both ways for install.
Old 05-16-2024, 04:29 PM
plake
Racer

Received 200 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Rock Guards

I went EOS, I think there fine. Less expensive and available in carbon flash too. Roof and nacelles carbon flash so look great.

Old 05-16-2024, 06:27 PM
vipervetteguy
Drifting

Received 259 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by chevyrules727
Just installed the ACS rock guards today, wheel removal is not necessary. It makes removing/reinstalling the T15's a lot easier, but IMHO not worth the hassle with removing the wheels. But I just jacked up the car a little bit to unload the suspension and it provided plenty of space to get the OEM part out and the rear rock guard in. Didn't have the same struggle as in the install video.

Also you only need to turn the front wheels one way. Provided enough room on both sides to get the fronts installed. The instructions say to turn the wheels both ways for install.
Same here. Didn't even jack far enough to get the rear tire off the ground and I had plenty of room to work. Way easier than another wheel removal and the subsequent torque and then re-torque. (and I don't have to fret over the wheels and the CCBs)
Old 05-16-2024, 06:45 PM
smithers
Melting Slicks

Received 5,093 Likes on 1,870 Posts

Originally Posted by chevyrules727

I did mine the other day, left the wheels on and the car on the ground. For anyone trying to do this, the video is super misleading. I think they had the car on a lift, then lowered it on some blocks. So the car wasn't settled down to the normal ride height. There was no way to get the guards in without removing the screen part first (it was a much tighter fit than in the video). Then I had to slide both pieces in and try to snap them back together and keep them together while maneuvering it into place. It was doable, but kind of a pain in the ***.

I think the "jack the car up enough to unload the suspension a little bit" it really the way to go for installing these. I bought a super long flat ratchet for the T15's.. it made is a lot easier as cramming my hand in there with a smaller flat ratchet was just not working for me lol

This is the tool kit I bought that made it pretty easy to get at the T15s: https://www.homedepot.com/p/GEARWREN...1039/315610333
The following users liked this post:
Milehigh Z06 (05-21-2024)
Old 05-20-2024, 10:37 AM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Louisville Ky NCM Lifetime Member 429 (Member Since 1993)
Received 263 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '16

I ended up purchasing both the EOS and ACS front and rear splash guards. The quality of both was very good.

The main difference is in the front splash guards. They both look almost identical from the fender. But under the car, the ACS guards go down an extra inch for more protection.

Since this purchase was one for additional protection, I decided to stay with the ACS.
The following 2 users liked this post by RACE U:
KIKNBAK (05-20-2024), lewislgZ06 (05-20-2024)
Old 05-20-2024, 10:43 AM
chevyrules727
Burning Brakes

Received 812 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by RACE U
I ended up purchasing both the EOS and ACS front and rear splash guards. The quality of both was very good.

The main difference is in the front splash guards. They both look almost identical from the fender. But under the car, the ACS guards go down an extra inch for more protection.

Since this purchase was one for additional protection, I decided to stay with the ACS.
What sells ACS for me is actually the screen in the rear rock guards for the vent. There were already a ton of rocks in the rear wheel vent and I feel comfortable knowing those rocks won't be hitting the paint back there.
The following 2 users liked this post by chevyrules727:
KIKNBAK (05-20-2024), Milehigh Z06 (05-21-2024)
Old 05-20-2024, 10:55 AM
smithers
Melting Slicks

Received 5,093 Likes on 1,870 Posts

Funny enough, after installing the ACS guards, when I drive over a patch of small rocks or sand or whatever, I hear a lot more rocks and crap impacting . Slightly unnerving sound, but I’m sure it’s the extra surface area of the guards catching a lot more rocks and all than the stock parts. So it’s a good thing.

Scary sound… but it’s the sound of protection lol
The following users liked this post:
RACE U (05-22-2024)
Old 05-20-2024, 11:14 AM
lewislgZ06
NCM Lifetime Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,999 Likes on 2,044 Posts
2021 Corvette of the Year - Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Winner- Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor '18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by smithers
Funny enough, after installing the ACS guards, when I drive over a patch of small rocks or sand or whatever, I hear a lot more rocks and crap impacting . Slightly unnerving sound, but I’m sure it’s the extra surface area of the guards catching a lot more rocks and all than the stock parts. So it’s a good thing.

Scary sound… but it’s the sound of protection lol
I heard the same thing when I had the top down. I was thinking that no doubt the guards are going to save the paint. I also haven’t noticed any small rocks in my side intakes since the install.
The following 2 users liked this post by lewislgZ06:
KIKNBAK (05-20-2024), RACE U (05-22-2024)

Quick Reply: Z06 splash guards