Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers
View Poll Results: If you bought a Stingray first did you..
I traded it in for my Z06
88.71%
I kept the Stingray as my side car
11.29%
I bought a Z06 first but did end up buying a Stingray afterwards
0%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

For those who bought a Stingray first..

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2024, 12:15 PM
Performance nut
Safety Car

Received 248 Likes on 114 Posts

Thank you all for your input. To all those wanting more options, it was intended to be simply "did you keep your Stingray once you got a Z06 or did you get rid of it" mainly to see if keeping the SR was worth it or not. As pointed out, once you drive the Z06 you don't want to go back to the SR. This was my assumption but wanted to see what experience had to say.

Thank you all who contributed and voted! Hopefully someone finds this interesting in the future.
Old 05-01-2024, 01:16 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Received 387 Likes on 198 Posts

When deciding to trade in or sell privately is there a tax savings to the trade in lowing the z06s purchase price?
Old 05-01-2024, 08:52 PM
Ragtop 99
Safety Car

Received 1,215 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by SinisterC6
When deciding to trade in or sell privately is there a tax savings to the trade in lowing the z06s purchase price?
In many states, you pay sales tax on the net price after trade-in if you trade the car in. Private sale, generally, doesn't provide that benefit. When I traded-in my stingray, the tax savings was $5k. The tax savings covered the lower trade in price compared to private sale and it avoided the hassle of private sale.
Old 05-01-2024, 09:38 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Received 387 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Ragtop 99
In many states, you pay sales tax on the net price after trade-in if you trade the car in. Private sale, generally, doesn't provide that benefit. When I traded-in my stingray, the tax savings was $5k. The tax savings covered the lower trade in price compared to private sale and it avoided the hassle of private sale.
that is what I figured, I still think its worth getting other offers from carmax and carvana to have room to bargain

Quick Reply: For those who bought a Stingray first..