Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers

More on the LOT Z06's @ MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2024, 10:16 AM
minn19
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 162 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by JABCAT
1. Quote correctly, it's garbage for what it costs is what I said. My Carbon Z has the 3LZ interior that only cost $7,100 at the time. It was garbage then for $7k and it's garbage now for $14k.

2. The Z06 3LZ interior is not nicer than BMWs, it's not even close. But keep telling yourself that to justify your overspend
I’ve had a ton of BMWs, most of them M cars and yes the Merino leather and interiors in general have better materials. But, they still have plenty of cheap plastics etc and rattle. Also, in most of their cars they stick with the crappy HK stereo for their top end system. I’m not a huge Bose fan, but it sounds way better than BMW HKs. Those are some of the worst sounding systems in any car and they overcharge for those. You win some with one manufacturer and lose some in another.

I’m still very active on BPost and you have a ton of complaining about BMW cost cutting/general complaints on the G interiors.

I don’t know why everyone gets so salty about what others choose or feel like they are right. I love my 3LZ interior and could care less what others think. If others are fine with 1LZ ones, more power to you. I will say the first MSRP deals I found were all 1LZ low spec cars, they weren’t selling so it does appear most consumers want some options that the 2LZ and above offer.

Way off topic, I’m sure your avatar pic is a very good looking young lady, but some reason with it shrunk down it looks like a guy in drag and always cracks me up.
The following 4 users liked this post by minn19:
C2Red64 (05-02-2024), Car Junkie 24 (05-02-2024), jpmotorsport (05-05-2024), robob (05-02-2024)
Old 05-02-2024, 10:19 AM
C2Red64
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts

1. Quote correctly, it's garbage for what it costs is what I said. My Carbon Z has the 3LZ interior that only cost $7,100 at the time. It was garbage then for $7k and it's garbage now for $14k.

2. The Z06 3LZ interior is not nicer than BMWs, it's not even close. But keep telling yourself that to justify your overspend
Ok junior, you must own a bmw if you think the interior is better. You bought an over priced german car, that depreciates in value more than any other car besides electric, and are trying to justify that with a high priced 3LZ trim. Got it!

You overpaid more than i did.
I could sell my C8Z for what i paid for it, if not a little bit more. You lost money as soon as you signed your paperwork.
The following 2 users liked this post by C2Red64:
Car Junkie 24 (05-02-2024), jpmotorsport (05-05-2024)
Old 05-02-2024, 10:36 AM
Car Junkie 24
Instructor

Received 202 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by C2Red64
Not at all, he is just sour because he prob couldnt afford anything higher than $120k, and got stuck with a high 8-10% interest rate. He is just trying to justify a zero optioned out Z. Aint that right LE MANSZ?
Since you asked- I paid cash for my C8Z, and can even buy a Ferrari F40 at today's values with cash (no loan), so there goes your hypothesis. Oh, and that's with my own earned wealth, not nepo-baby wealth from daddy and mommy like many out there.

It's about preference and where I choose to spend my money on what brings value/enjoyment to me, not what I can "afford".

Some of us are more savvy with our financial decision making/purchases than others, I'll leave it at that.

Last edited by Car Junkie 24; 05-04-2024 at 04:13 PM.
Old 05-02-2024, 10:53 AM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 9,084 Likes on 4,368 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Ok junior, you must own a bmw if you think the interior is better. You bought an over priced german car, that depreciates in value more than any other car besides electric, and are trying to justify that with a high priced 3LZ trim. Got it!

You overpaid more than i did.
I could sell my C8Z for what i paid for it, if not a little bit more. You lost money as soon as you signed your paperwork.
Yep I own 2 M vehicles along with my Callaway Carbon Edition Z06. You obviously haven't been in one if you think a Corvette interior is better. The rest of your statement doesn't make any sense. Your Z06 will depreciate like every other Corvette before it.

I've owned multiple Corvettes and many other GM vehicles. They make great performance cars, but their interiors have been, and still are cheap. Claiming it's better than European cars is just ignorant. Fun fact though, I can currently sell my Corvette for about double what I paid for it. So that's pretty cool.

I couldn't care less about my BMWs value as they're extremely fun to drive, have great performance, can be easily & inexpensively modded for big power gains. I'm having more fun driving my new M2 right now than my Z06 (primarily because the interior and seats are so much better)
The following 2 users liked this post by JABCAT:
fasttoys (05-03-2024), RedZ4me (05-02-2024)
Old 05-02-2024, 11:06 AM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 9,084 Likes on 4,368 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Originally Posted by minn19
I’ve had a ton of BMWs, most of them M cars and yes the Merino leather and interiors in general have better materials. But, they still have plenty of cheap plastics etc and rattle. Also, in most of their cars they stick with the crappy HK stereo for their top end system. I’m not a huge Bose fan, but it sounds way better than BMW HKs. Those are some of the worst sounding systems in any car and they overcharge for those.

I’m still very active on BPost and you have a ton of complaining about BMW cost cutting/general complaints on the G interiors.
I haven't seen too many complaints about the G interiors. I can tell you my wife's '22 X3MC doesn't have any rattles or squeaks at 28k mi. My '23 M2 has 8,500 mi since Dec, and interior is solid. The standard M sport seats are great. I wish I could put a pair in my Z06. The HK systems in the Ms are included, so not over-charged. Plus you can code the B&W sound profiles that improve the sound. I'm very happy with it in my M2, much better than any Bose system I've had.

But back to the Corvette interior, while GM has made improvements, it's still not on par with European brands.
Old 05-02-2024, 11:10 AM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,496 Likes on 2,284 Posts

I'd be happy to loan ya all this for a while, if you need it:

The following 8 users liked this post by OnPoint:
C2Red64 (05-02-2024), DeltaT (05-02-2024), fasttoys (05-03-2024), fatsport (05-04-2024), phalse (05-02-2024), saleen556 (05-02-2024), spagsdo (05-02-2024), ZL-1 (05-02-2024) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-02-2024, 11:14 AM
vegasredz062
Melting Slicks

Received 135 Likes on 69 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Car Junkie 24
Cool story bro- and a track rat wouldn't look twice at your heavier optioned Z with unnecessary luxury features that add weight to the car and detract from performance (unless we are talking strictly performance options).

There are a lot more buyers for a $116k Z06 than a $175k Z06 is my point.
I agree.. Selling a 1LZ for 115-120 is Pretty easy to do,..
The following users liked this post:
Car Junkie 24 (05-03-2024)
Old 05-02-2024, 11:18 AM
1stc8
Instructor

Received 150 Likes on 58 Posts

Getting catty in here.
Old 05-02-2024, 11:19 AM
Aku700
Racer

Received 237 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by vegasredz062
I agree.. Selling a 1LZ for 115-120 is Pretty easy to do,..
Totally agree, lowered prices cars will sell faster and easier, lol. My 2LZ was 132k msrp and I doubt I will lose that much in 6-12 months. I’ve seen too many Z out there for 150k+ without C07 items, this cars will be harder to sell. Just a bunch of misc add ons that I don’t think buy 5-10% buyers want or need
Car Junkie 24 (05-03-2024)
Old 05-02-2024, 11:22 AM
minn19
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

I haven't seen too many complaints about the G interiors. I can tell you my wife's '22 X3MC doesn't have any rattles or squeaks at 28k mi. My '23 M2 has 8,500 mi since Dec, and interior is solid. The standard M sport seats are great. I wish I could put a pair in my Z06. The HK systems in the Ms are included, so not over-charged. Plus you can code the B&W sound profiles that improve the sound. I'm very happy with it in my M2, much better than any Bose system I've had. Hang out in the G M3/M4 section and you’ll see plenty. I haven't spent much time there in months though as I have zero interest in that car so they could’ve gone away for now.

But back to the Corvette interior, while GM has made improvements, it's still not on par with European brands.
I agree the materials are better, but I don’t like the layout nor the curved screens and reverse speed/tach. The base seats are much more comfortable than the F series. I still have a hard time with BMWs current M transmissions. I don’t like the ZF8 over a DCT, they haven’t put a dime of development into their MTs and are some of the worst feeling mushy shifters of the remaining MTs on the market. I guess they at least still offer them so some kudos there. Just because it is included doesn’t mean it still isn’t overcharged, BMW builds great cars, but they are cost cutting left and right to.

The only M car I miss is my M4CS, that was the only one I thought had actual steering feel and a well sorted suspension. I almost bought a M2CS, that is a hell of a car and am curious to see what the G series M2CS is like.

I agree, the C4 through C7 interiors are brutal, but I actually prefer the C8 3LZ interior over any current BMW interior. The only real complaint I have about the interior cheapness is the switch gear/buttons still feel extremely cheap compared to the Germans. But, the chassis, mag ride and of course LT6 are far more exciting than anything the Germans are building right now (except the Porsche CGTS 4.0, GT4 and unobtanium GT4 RS, GT3/GT3 RS cars). The same goes for my CT4V BW over most German cars. I’m still very good friends with people at the BMW dealer I bought a ton of cars from. I find the 4V much much more entertaining to drive than the new M2. That S58 is a gem of an engine though, I give them that.

Last edited by minn19; 05-02-2024 at 11:27 AM.
JABCAT (05-03-2024)
Old 05-02-2024, 11:48 AM
JDSKY
Melting Slicks

Received 1,249 Likes on 624 Posts

Jeebus, people should just buy what they want and never feel like they need to justify it to anyone. My Stingray purchase is a holdover until I get a chance to order a Z but when I ordered it I bought it with the trim level and options I wanted and simply left out the stuff that I personally did not value. Does not automatically mean I could not afford those options. I bought the car at MSRP and am fine continuing on the waiting list until my number comes up and order the Z at MSRP.

The 1LT/LZ trim levels is a fantastic option for anyone that does not want options that they feel are unnecessary for them and I am glad GM offers it. I think the 2LT/LZ is where I will continue moving forward but that's just because for me that offers what I want in the car and nothing that I don't. The fact you can spec a Z for $115K is awesome.
Z Fast (05-04-2024)
Old 05-02-2024, 12:20 PM
C2Red64
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts

I haven't seen too many complaints about the G interiors. I can tell you my wife's '22 X3MC doesn't have any rattles or squeaks at 28k mi. My '23 M2 has 8,500 mi since Dec, and interior is solid. The standard M sport seats are great. I wish I could put a pair in my Z06. The HK systems in the Ms are included, so not over-charged. Plus you can code the B&W sound profiles that improve the sound. I'm very happy with it in my M2, much better than any Bose system I've had.

Now i know your full of it. HK is better than bose? Not a chance.. Does HK make a good system, yes. But bose have better clarity, power, and more bass. My home theatre system is bose, and the surround sound, sounds like your in a movie theatre. The sound quality is superb!!
Old 05-02-2024, 12:37 PM
phalse
Burning Brakes

Received 401 Likes on 272 Posts

lets face it, comparing the trim levels is a fool's game since no one wants the lowest trim level and many of the people that get the top trim level are only doing so usually for one specific interior option, and its not the nav.
Old 05-02-2024, 01:15 PM
RBK
Melting Slicks

Received 895 Likes on 412 Posts

Sure they are. I for sure wouldnt buy a Z06 that has little to no options, and thats what you pretty much did. I wouldnt give your car a second look, let alone a first.. lol

I have a $155k Z06/Z07, my car would sell faster and sell for more than yours would.

What is the point of this pissing contest? You buy a car you like for your reasons, others buy a car they like for their reasons. I paid around $160,000 MSARP for what I want, hope you did and the end of the story is each of us, all of us, hopefully got what we wanted.
newchevyman (05-02-2024)
Old 05-02-2024, 01:43 PM
newchevyman
Racer

Received 234 Likes on 116 Posts

Old 05-02-2024, 02:05 PM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,838 Likes on 3,215 Posts

Originally Posted by Aku700
That’s not accurate. When I bought my Z06 2 weeks ago, I talked to many many dealers, they listed many at msrp, but when you call and ask, then they tell you there’s ADM, so can’t believe that MSRP.
^^^^^100

You cannot use a locator or some cars for sale sites as they have an automatic discount built in. Chevy sites included.

They are not msrp or 5% off.

If you find one like that 99 out of 100 will be a Ronald Mcdonald or boring spec they ordered or had a customer back out and can't move.

Summer right around the corner. It will be 3 or 4 mos of msrp + coming up.

Then the inevitable price hike for 25MY
Old 05-02-2024, 02:46 PM
minn19
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Aku700
That’s not accurate. When I bought my Z06 2 weeks ago, I talked to many many dealers, they listed many at msrp, but when you call and ask, then they tell you there’s ADM, so can’t believe that MSRP.
Some people desperately want it to be, even ones that have no interest in purchasing a Z06. Someone starts a new thread here every week on this topic. People (especially on domestic car forums) get some weird happiness out of wanting to see those that paid high ADMs lose a bunch of money on their car.

It is getting closer to ADMs being over though. Don’t know why there needs to be a new thread every week on it when there is a sticky on this topic.
NakedDave (05-04-2024)

Get notified of new replies

To More on the LOT Z06's @ MSRP

Old 05-02-2024, 03:03 PM
chevyrules727
Burning Brakes

Received 812 Likes on 422 Posts

Some people desperately want it to be, even ones that have no interest in purchasing a Z06. Someone starts a new thread here every week on this topic. People (especially on domestic car forums) get some weird happiness out of wanting to see those that paid high ADMs lose a bunch of money on their car.

It is getting closer to ADMs being over though. Don’t know why there needs to be a new thread every week on it when there is a sticky on this topic.
It's the same for the other side.

Some post here that they are happy that a car that would be within a persons budget are being pushed to outside their budget while they got their Z06. They want to make Corvette into Ferrari or Lambo. Which Corvette never have been. It's not meant for exclusivity status like the Italian brands. They were proclaiming this time last year anyone just getting interested in a Z06 just now will never see one. That Z06 will total 20K max in total production with 4000 a year max that GM can do. There is no way GM will be able to come close to past Z06 generations did in numbers. Just saw one above that is claiming the ADM's will be going back up over the summer. Yet more and more allocations I see get posted on facebook for MSRP. Some are still and maybe still getting $5K-$10K over, but MSRP is starting to pop up as well despite getting into prime sports car purchasing time period.

The only people that I am happy to see lose money in this whole situation are the flippers. They never wanted the car in the first place, they took an MSRP allocation away from another person that actually wanted a car out of the system. Those that paid an ADM( and I am one of them) and are losing money and actually wanted the car, I am not happy for them to lose it. But I hope they realized they would see the car depreciate and they paid to get it sooner than wait for the market to cool off. I certainly am not expecting to get back the $10K I paid over. But this is a long term car for me.

What I am happy about is the car market just returning to some semblance of normalcy vs the craziness we saw starting in 2021.

Last edited by chevyrules727; 05-02-2024 at 03:22 PM.
Old 05-02-2024, 03:08 PM
minn19
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

I don’t see people making a thread every week about it post non stop about being happy that people can’t afford a Z06, maybe I’m just missing them.

I agree about the last paragraph, it is nice to see things coming back to normal for the most part. I don’t begrudge the flippers like others do. They saw an opportunity, took the risk and went for it. Is that not capitalism that we all purport to love in the US of A?
Old 05-02-2024, 03:11 PM
chevyrules727
Burning Brakes

Received 812 Likes on 422 Posts

I don’t see people making a thread every week about it post non stop about being happy that people can’t afford a Z06, maybe I’m just missing them.

I agree about the last paragraph, it is nice to see things coming back to normal for the most part. I don’t begrudge the flippers like others do. They saw an opportunity, took the risk and went for it. Is that not capitalism that we all purport to love in the US of A?
They may not make threads, but they pop into those threads.

There was no to very little risk. Their allocation comes up, market is crazy hot? Order! Market cooled off? Get their $1000 deposit back, lose no money. Worst case is lose $1000 because the market cooled by the time the car shows up. Just back out. They don't provide value to earn a profit. They take supply out of the system. It's like the flippers that created bots that could buy all the PS5's at retail price before any human can. It's scum.

Quick Reply: More on the LOT Z06's @ MSRP