Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers

I know some of you hate this stuff but I had to do it..

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2024, 02:40 PM
newchevyman
Racer

Received 234 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Rapid Z
Just a plate frame and I tend to lean towards tacky anyway so it must fit me well then. You might even say a Corvette itself is tacky and douchey
Throw on some vertical doors and watch everyone lose their minds!
Old 05-16-2024, 03:11 PM
Car Junkie 24
Instructor

Received 202 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Rapid Z
Just a plate frame and I tend to lean towards tacky anyway so it must fit me well then. You might even say a Corvette itself is tacky and douchey
Sorry, wrong thread. I meant to post this in the thread with that tacky Jake spoiler piece and the license plate surround thing.

I like the Z06 badge!
Old 05-16-2024, 03:27 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 9,084 Likes on 4,368 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Originally Posted by newchevyman
Says the guy with a tacky hood scoop and inefficient blower on an LS7.
Producing the same power output as the LT6 in a much lighter vehicle That doesn't negate the fact that the C8 has the ugliest rear end of any Corvette ever produced.

Fwiw, I'm not a huge fan of the Callaway hood bulge either as I prefer the stock B92 carbon fiber hood, but it is what it is.
Old 05-16-2024, 04:42 PM
Jimsue
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JABCAT
With or without emblems doesn't matter on this generation, it's just ugly. Let's hope they hired some new designers for the C9, they do a complete overhaul of the rear end.
Wow! Why would you be on this forum ! Being 72 yrs old and owning over 125 cars. 8 corvettes C4 up. I think your crazy!!!!!
The following users liked this post:
Rapid Z (05-16-2024)
Old 05-16-2024, 06:03 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 9,084 Likes on 4,368 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Originally Posted by Jimsue
Wow! Why would you be on this forum ! Being 72 yrs old and owning over 125 cars. 8 corvettes C4 up. I think your crazy!!!!!
One can discuss things, learn about things, and have opinions about things without liking every aspect of said thing. Crazy concept for some, I realize. I've owned 40+ vehicles over the last 30 years, some of them I liked more than others, so what. Some of them other people didn't care for (look at the irrelevant stab at my current Z06 above). Who cares. People are entitled to their opinions, and their opinions don't affect my vehicle purchases. I don't get bent out of shape if someone has a different opinion than I do. It's a car. It's a discussion forum.

The prevailing opinion about the C8 rear end is that it is not even remotely one of the best in Corvette history. Doesn't mean other aspects of the car aren't great.
Old 05-16-2024, 06:55 PM
Jimsue
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

One can discuss things, learn about things, and have opinions about things without liking every aspect of said thing. Crazy concept for some, I realize. I've owned 40+ vehicles over the last 30 years, some of them I liked more than others, so what. Some of them other people didn't care for (look at the irrelevant stab at my current Z06 above). Who cares. People are entitled to their opinions, and their opinions don't affect my vehicle purchases. I don't get bent out of shape if someone has a different opinion than I do. It's a car. It's a discussion forum.

The prevailing opinion about the C8 rear end is that it is not even remotely one of the best in Corvette history. Doesn't mean other aspects of the car aren't great.
Ok. Sorry!
Old 05-17-2024, 10:05 AM
ZachZ06
Advanced

Received 44 Likes on 13 Posts

Producing the same power output as the LT6 in a much lighter vehicle That doesn't negate the fact that the C8 has the ugliest rear end of any Corvette ever produced.

Fwiw, I'm not a huge fan of the Callaway hood bulge either as I prefer the stock B92 carbon fiber hood, but it is what it is.
lol, there is nothing wrong with C8 rear end. 100,000+ sales, says otherwise. It is easy to bash a car you don't own, or have no intentions of owning.
If your statement was actually true, wouldn't you get a few likes?
Old 05-17-2024, 10:09 AM
Red86Cfour
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 114 Posts

Hey, its not like you added a lame tow hook!
The following users liked this post:
Rapid Z (05-17-2024)

Quick Reply: I know some of you hate this stuff but I had to do it..