Dustie
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bettman ...... Goodenow
Old 02-20-2005, 10:25 AM
clarence-nieuwhof
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talk is cheap . Just wait until they do come back and how many of you will be watching and cheering like there was nothing wrong in the first place. You want to boycott or say F' them , then do it when they come back or start to play again by not watching or going to the game . I bet you won't be able to. Just remember when goodenow and betman were asked what about the fans? and their answer was "the fans have nothing to do with it" thats right the people that fund their wages have nothing to do with it. See how far they go with out fans if you think you can boycott and if you can't, well then shut the F' up
Old 03-27-2005, 09:05 AM
4GTABODT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Mississauga, Ontario Corvettes were built to be driven...not trailered
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St Jude Donor '07-'08-'09

Originally Posted by clarence-nieuwhof
Talk is cheap . Just wait until they do come back and how many of you will be watching and cheering like there was nothing wrong in the first place. You want to boycott or say F' them , then do it when they come back or start to play again by not watching or going to the game . I bet you won't be able to. Just remember when goodenow and betman were asked what about the fans? and their answer was "the fans have nothing to do with it" thats right the people that fund their wages have nothing to do with it. See how far they go with out fans if you think you can boycott and if you can't, well then shut the F' up

A bunch of millionaires who can't agree. And I'm sorry guys but Toronto fans are the worst (I live in the GTA) For over 30 years since the glory days, the Gardens and the ACC were sold out...you used to blame Ballard but he could have put any ragtag group of players on the ice and the place would still be sold out. Yes, I know all about team loyalty but there comes a time when the fans have to be heard...and the only way to do that with these jamokes is hit them where in counts...their wallets. Maybe we should take a page from the Montreal Canadians fan book...if the Canadians lost 2 games in a row, the Forum would be half empty thereby forcing team management to put a quality product on the ice. "the fans have nothing to do with it"...yeah, right...no wait, he's right in my case....I'll will definately be living up to that legacy when they come back

Last edited by 4GTABODT; 03-28-2005 at 09:12 PM.
Old 03-27-2005, 12:14 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 92 Likes on 71 Posts

I treat pro sports as entertainment, haven't watched hockey in decades as too many teams water down the real talent on the ice. I find it much more infuriating to read about the kids hockey leagues in the GTA with the enormous fees and all. I have been organizing indoor ball hockey for kids that just don't have the $ to join the organized leagues. Their are plenty of school gyms that are vacant at night and as long as we use plastic blades or put socks over the wooden blades so as not to mark the floors we are good to go. No focus on winning just play for fun and exercise.

Get notified of new replies

To F-The NHL

Quick Reply: F-The NHL