Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Who's an expert???

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 05:06 PM
Dustie
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Who's an expert???

Anyone know how to "program" a C5 so that when you start the thing up, everything comes up metric? (speedo etc) without pushing the E/M. I tried the memory feature but it doesn't seem to affect the gauges. Not a big deal but would be nice if it was possible...
Old 04-12-2005, 08:15 PM
Miaugi
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dustie
Anyone know how to "program" a C5 so that when you start the thing up, everything comes up metric? (speedo etc) without pushing the E/M. I tried the memory feature but it doesn't seem to affect the gauges. Not a big deal but would be nice if it was possible...
This has been discussed here before. Is your car originally a US car? Not that it should really matter, my '99 is a Cdn car, but when I travel stateside and I switch to E it holds that setting even after shutdown and a re-start. That is the case for most C5's it seems, but every now and again, someone says theirs won't stick, not sure why though?

The only thing I can suggest if it doesn't stay on M, you could try disconnecting the battery over night and see if that "clears" up the problem. Be aware though that you will (probably) have to un-lock your radio if the battery is disconnected that long, there are instrucions how to do that here. C5 radio un-lock procedure.

Hope that works for you.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:31 AM
Dustie
Racer

Default E/m

Thanks for the reply.... yes it is a US car. I guess if I get annoyed enough I may try the battery disconnect.
Anyone out there had this method work???

Old 04-13-2005, 01:04 PM
99Red&White
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

No experience with this unfortunately, my vette was a fleet vehicle that came from the states...

Cheers,

Jason
Old 04-13-2005, 11:29 PM
Dustie
Racer

Originally Posted by 99Red&White
No experience with this unfortunately, my vette was a fleet vehicle that came from the states...

Cheers,

Jason
So does it startup with kilometers or do u have to push the E/M each time?
Thanks Jason...

Get notified of new replies

To Who's an expert???

Quick Reply: Who's an expert???