Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Paint Shops

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 06:08 PM
Ratsirt
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint Shops

A while ago there was a post regarding body shops in the GTA. Someone had mentioned a shop in Brantford that was very capable at handling vettes. I did a search and could not come up with anything. If anyone remembers the shop, a contact would be appreciated.

I am looking at having my vette painted over the winter.

Thanks
Old 10-23-2005, 06:56 PM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 234 Likes on 143 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

Glenn, I don't have any personal experience with any vette-friendly body shops, but I have seen many very nice paint jobs come from Davies. They helped me out a few years back to find a replacement windshield frame for my car, and they were very good to deal with.
http://www.daviesvette.com/

I have also seen some nice vette paint jobs come out of this body shop:
http://www.classicpainting.ca/

Last edited by 7t2vette; 10-23-2005 at 07:00 PM.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:01 AM
Retro78
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You might be talking about the shop in Brantford that I used. 'Mike Johnson Auto Body'. I cannot say enough good about this shop.

You will not find a listing since it not advertised at all ...it is a one man exclusive shop that does excellent work at a fair price. He does not need to advertise since he gets more than enough work from just referrals. I went to this shop after I saw vette's and other vehicles at shows that he did...one of them was done 9 years ago. Mike does one car at a time and works until it is done before taking in another. My vette was in there six weeks. If you want to see my vette that he did last year you are welcome to drop by...Waterloo area. You will not likely be impressed with his small shop....but wait till you see his work. I also liked how Mike encouraged me to drop by as much as possible to see the progress....he is proud of his workmanship and likes his customers to see it all. I took hundreds of pictures when mine went through. You can reach Mike at 519-732-6008. BTW...if you are looking for a NCRS job don't go to Mike...since your vette will be missing the factory waves. See my pics.

Doug from Waterloo

Last edited by Retro78; 10-24-2005 at 01:19 AM.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:19 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

I went 1 year ago with Doug to see his vette as it was being completed - this guy does fantastic work. If it hadn't been for other impt. things coming up I would have gotten my vette done by him this year.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:31 AM
JETZ
Le Mans Master

Received 147 Likes on 124 Posts

All depends how much you willing to pay. When all panels are removed and painted off the car cost add up.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:19 AM
AGVI
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Canadian Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by JETZ
All depends how much you willing to pay. When all panels are removed and painted off the car cost add up.
oh my God. Who actually does that?
Old 10-25-2005, 10:51 AM
FUSW
Pro

Another good paint shop is Champion Motors, 1861 O'Connor Dr. Toronto, just west of Victoria Park. Rob Ing and his partner Peter are both Vette enthusiasts and own C5's, Rob's being a twin turbo. They do good work and everything is wet sanded and polished before it leaves their shop.

Tell Rob that you heard about him on Corvette Forum, he is on here but usually in C5 Forced Induction section.

1-416-751-8047...Champion Motors

Last edited by FUSW; 10-25-2005 at 10:58 AM.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:27 PM
Ratsirt
Burning Brakes

thanks Doug,

Had a chat with Mike Johnson and will be visiting his shop on Saturday morning for him to have a look at my vette.

Glenn
Old 10-25-2005, 06:37 PM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Ratsirt
thanks Doug,

Had a chat with Mike Johnson and will be visiting his shop on Saturday morning for him to have a look at my vette.

Glenn
So, are you going to tell us what color it will be, or do we have to guess??????

Whats the original color?
Old 10-25-2005, 07:02 PM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

My vote is for '71 Ontario Orange...it would look great with your saddle interior.

Old 10-25-2005, 08:00 PM
Ratsirt
Burning Brakes

That's what I was thinking Bruce.

One solid color. Original Ontario Orange.

What time will you guys be at Sherway till, may drop by after.

Also I have been in contact with someone in Nova Scotia that has a short block 383 that he put together. He has the engine for sale due he states after he put it together it seems stiff to turn over. He said he will take $225 US for everything. He has checked on the shipping for me and it will be around 250 to my place. I have been thinking about it but I am confused why he would give it up for 225 US. I even asked him if I could have someone go over and have a look and he said no problem, he gave me his address. I really do not know if I want to go the stroker way. I really just wanted to put together a 350 HP 327.

Glenn

Glenn
Old 10-25-2005, 08:23 PM
JETZ
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by AGVI
oh my God. Who actually does that?
Caravaggio
Legendary Motor Car, etc...all depends what you want, and are willing to pay for.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:44 PM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Ratsirt
That's what I was thinking Bruce.

One solid color. Original Ontario Orange.

What time will you guys be at Sherway till, may drop by after.

Also I have been in contact with someone in Nova Scotia that has a short block 383 that he put together. He has the engine for sale due he states after he put it together it seems stiff to turn over. He said he will take $225 US for everything. He has checked on the shipping for me and it will be around 250 to my place. I have been thinking about it but I am confused why he would give it up for 225 US. I even asked him if I could have someone go over and have a look and he said no problem, he gave me his address. I really do not know if I want to go the stroker way. I really just wanted to put together a 350 HP 327.

Glenn

Glenn
we will be at sherwy at 10am until?..... not sure if we are doing something like eating after.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:29 PM
desi
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 7t2vette
My vote is for '71 Ontario Orange...it would look great with your saddle interior.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:45 PM
klymaxr
Instructor

The Painter Edge... they are located on woodbine avenue just north of stouffville sdrd, they took over the old Lamberts Corvette shop, they not only do custom paint scemes as well as pearl paint at an amasing price.. they don't charge you based on what you drive. Go check out their shop and show room pieces, Steve Or Mike are the owners and they are also now a sponsor of the Corvette Club of Ontario.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:33 AM
JETZ
Le Mans Master

427 Autobody on Evans, and Kipling below the Queensway does excellent work! Though not a 'vette' only shop, they do a lot of high end cars. Had my 300ZX done there. Family run, ask for Frank, or John Dlessandro.

Get notified of new replies

To Paint Shops

Quick Reply: Paint Shops