Corvette Weekend At Wasaga!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 02:36 PM
corrado
Le Mans Master

Received 227 Likes on 118 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Default Corvette Weekend At Wasaga!!!

My mom just called from Wasaga, told me the Corvette weekend this year is August 18, 19.

Went on the cruise last year, was around 200 cars I think, my arm was sore from waving, it was fandamtastic.

Giddyup.

.....by the way....

2 weeks today.......
Old 03-20-2007, 03:34 PM
Dirty-Z
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Make sure you tell Ian to leave his speedo at home......
Old 03-20-2007, 03:58 PM
corrado
Le Mans Master

OK! Mr Black, PLEASE leave the speedo at home!!!!!
Old 03-20-2007, 05:09 PM
JUSTAKAR
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default well excuse me

Originally Posted by corrado
OK! Mr Black, PLEASE leave the speedo at home!!!!!
Well imagine it and paint it .....but only problem was the speedo had a hole at the front where I used to keep the banana ok at the back where the grapes were

As for DJ I have feelings too ...that speedo was special to me.....got it from my mum

as she had to get a larger top for her bikini.and gave me the speedo bottom....

Spitz
Old 03-20-2007, 05:13 PM
sxr6
Pro

Was gonna go to the vette w-end last year but heard the sponsors are not much more than $$ grabbers. Pay for this, pay for that, since when do you have to pay to put your car on display.

A bud has a house down by the beach, I may go this year if what I heard is not true??

Cruises are fun do you have to pay for that to??
Old 03-20-2007, 05:20 PM
JUSTAKAR
Drifting

Originally Posted by sxr6
Was gonna go to the vette w-end last year but heard the sponsors are not much more than $$ grabbers. Pay for this, pay for that, since when do you have to pay to put your car on display.

A bud has a house down by the beach, I may go this year if what I heard is not true??

Cruises are fun do you have to pay for that to??
No monies on cruises......wherever it stops tho mostly you need to buy your own booze ...unless you cruise with Dirty Z then he takes care of any bills...mostly because he never notices..... and yea I fancy the wasaga run as well.
Ian
Old 03-20-2007, 05:40 PM
Dirty-Z
Drifting

Originally Posted by JUSTAKAR
Well imagine it and paint it .....but only problem was the speedo had a hole at the front where I used to keep the banana

Not sure I want to know where he keeps it now....... the banana that is.....

Originally Posted by JUSTAKAR
No monies on cruises......wherever it stops tho mostly you need to buy your own booze ...unless you cruise with Dirty Z then he takes care of any bills...mostly because he never notices..... and yea I fancy the wasaga run as well.
Ian
The funny thing about me picking up the tab all the time, is that all I ever order for Ian is water.....he still gets **** drunk off it....

Jay
Old 03-21-2007, 11:11 AM
corrado
Le Mans Master

sxr6, I do agree about not having to pay. Last year was my first time there, and they wanted you to pay I think $40 to just park my dang car in the parking for a day!!! I believe owning a Corvette is payment enough, I know my car wasn't cheap! Thats why I like this UNclub.

My parents live in Wasaga, so I just stayed at their house until the cruise, then sorta just joined in the cruise as it started. I don't think you have to pay for the cruise. The cruise itself was GREAT, lotsa locals cheering us on as we drove through the town.

One thing I didn't like either was that they actually closed down the beach drive strip for the Corvette weekend. Why you would do that is beyond me, and I would also think it would **** people off, especially non vette owners, hell it pissed me off that I couldn't even drive my car down the strip and gawk at chicks. REALLY hope they don't close it again this year.

But overall you will see tons of Corvettes from all generations driving around that weekend. Lotsa wavin gto do!
Good stuff!
Old 03-21-2007, 12:22 PM
Dirty-Z
Drifting

I remember hearing quite a bit of negative feedback form the cruise last year. Not sure if I will go or not....depends on if Corrado is putting his parents place up for people to stay at for the weekend???
Old 03-24-2007, 12:44 AM
WYCKD 1
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not for me...I used to live up there and it is madness...the only good part is the cruise in...other than that there is no way in heck I am manouvering through the main drag....or leaving my car unattended....

enjoy boys...
Old 03-24-2007, 02:05 AM
GettReal
Le Mans Master

I've been to a couple and yes you need to pay/register to park in the good area.... or pay to park in the not so good area.....you also pay to cruise.... hotels, gas ...food...booze...raffles...etc damn it adds up....pay pay pay... the guys are fun and some super nice cars there, but Im not as excited to go as I used to. Our grandparents have a cottage just down from the main strip, so we may just go visit them for the day and swing down and check out the event.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:40 PM
SICK-VETTE
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

im in for that!!!!!!
Old 03-26-2007, 10:57 PM
Cdn Z06 Mike
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

no can dooooo. WOODWARD AVE DREAM CRUISE is the same weekend and way more fun in my opinion!!
Old 03-27-2007, 10:32 AM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 92 Likes on 71 Posts

been to Wasaga quite a few times, will likely go to Woodward Dream Cruise this year. One nice thing at Wasaga is that you can leave your vette unattended and no one will do it any harm as most ppl their just want to see what you're running.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:56 PM
dbvettez06
Melting Slicks

A few years ago, it was quite an impressive meet...But, it has dwindled down, and i know a lot of people i talked to last year will not return, i plan on going elsewhere also...

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Weekend At Wasaga!!!

Quick Reply: Corvette Weekend At Wasaga!!!