Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Repairs At Wilson Niblett

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 01:56 PM
dankhts
Safety Car

Received 326 Likes on 203 Posts

Default Repairs At Wilson Niblett

Need to get some warranty work done - I only have about 300 km till it expires!! Has anyone had good.bad experiences with Wilson Niblett? Thought I might try them out - I have a trans leak, a noisy lifter, and a few other items to get done...
Old 10-22-2007, 02:27 PM
SilverSurferC6
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dankhts
Need to get some warranty work done - I only have about 300 km till it expires!! Has anyone had good.bad experiences with Wilson Niblett? Thought I might try them out - I have a trans leak, a noisy lifter, and a few other items to get done...
Overall good. Make sure you ask ALL the questions up front to avoid surprises. They have very good techs.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:47 PM
Babybus Driver
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excellent.. used them for the last 3 yrs for my '98. I drive from Oakville to use them for routine maintenance after experiencing the horrors of Applewood. Last summer I had the air conditioning quit on me. I required both a new condenser and compressor ($1900 - ouch!). Wilson Nisbett had the best quote and work was done on time and budget. My only comment about them is the service tech are always trying to sell addn'l services. (they are on commision but know the vettes inside out).

I just bought an '05 Coupe in the states last week and they will be doing the bumper mod (again best quote) and I will let them maintain the car.

I'm a fan ...... can you say that about a big "3" dealership?

Cheers Jim

Last edited by Babybus Driver; 10-22-2007 at 09:26 PM.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:57 PM
smook
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TOP GUNS @ WN, Ask for the service mgr. Ray Levo.

Take it there and be in peace.
-zBill.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:42 AM
LIVIO
Burning Brakes

Dan, I would also strongly recommend Wilson-Niblett Chevrolet.

I personally deal with Stephen Johnson (sjohnson@wilsonniblett.com) and highly recommend him.

Wilson-Niblett has a great service team that is headed up by Ray L and Stephen P.

Livio
Old 10-23-2007, 08:52 AM
dankhts
Safety Car

Sounds like the place I'll go then, all the responses are positive.... my local dealer hasen't been TOO bad, but, I did have a few issues with them after a particular tech left. I'll call W/N and book it in - hope it stops raining soon so I can driive it up there....
Thanks for all the replies.....
Old 10-23-2007, 06:15 PM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Received 1,507 Likes on 820 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

Originally Posted by dankhts
I guess I am the only one who has had mediocre/substandard service from WN. Last time I went there I booked an appointment five days in advance. Upon arrival the service advisor refused to look at my problems or go for a test drive (he was "too busy"). When I got the car back the next day only one problem was fixed (out of five). Your call.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:49 PM
BRIANSC6
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

W-N & Stephen Johnson.... I would not take it anywhere else.

Pragmatically speaking they are not unaware of the number of CF forum member that take there cars to them for service so they know good customer service is going to either help them our hurt them on the forum.

You will be treated more than fair and honestly and that is all I expect from anyone but it seems so elusive in the car repair business.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:52 PM
corrado
Le Mans Master

Received 224 Likes on 116 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

WN definitely know the Corvette the best. The techs are VERY knowledgeable and service is very good.

I usually deal with Adrian and Stephen J and both are really good.

I have also had very good service at Eastside Chevrolet as well.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:10 PM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Originally Posted by corrado
WN definitely know the Corvette the best. The techs are VERY knowledgeable and service is very good.
FYI, they told me that they can't fix my car's starting problems, i.e., they gave up.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:18 PM
NOCRISIS
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by Mad*Max
FYI, they told me that they can't fix my car's starting problems, i.e., they gave up.
I had starting problems,it was found to be a faulty fuel pump.Williamsons in Uxbridge has good service,I have only bought a few cars there,but they service a vehicle like you bought it there.I bought my car at Budd's BMW,and it was a great exp,fact is they called me today just as a follow up,after the first year.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:24 PM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Originally Posted by NOCRISSS
I had starting problems,it was found to be a faulty fuel pump.Williamsons in Uxbridge has good service,I have only bought a few cars there,but they service a vehicle like you bought it there.I bought my car at Budd's BMW,and it was a great exp,fact is they called me today just as a follow up,after the first year.
Thanks, I had actually bought my Trans Am from Williamson in 2000. Maybe it's worth the drive to Uxbridge!
Old 10-24-2007, 07:47 AM
C6SUMMER
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

Definately! I drive from Oakville to Richmondhill for my Vette service. Well worth the trip. They know Vettes!
Old 10-24-2007, 10:29 AM
dankhts
Safety Car

Looks like I'm going to find out - I have about 350km left on my full warranty, and I booked it in for today - I intend to leave it with them till they fix everything that's on my list......otherwise, by the time I drive up there from Tony Creek, and back again, it'll pretty much be the end of my warranty.....
Old 10-27-2007, 10:47 PM
wally6466
Intermediate

Default Wilson Nibblet isn't any better

Good dealer. Had a very bad experience with Humberview. Car overheating took it to Humberview 3 times they diagnosed it as a leaking head gasket. Car was under warranty. The service manager heard that I had headers and screwed me on my warranty. Car was blacklisted. Nibblet helped me out and found that Humberview had not properly burped the car after installing a new waterpump. Super techs. I will never buy or take my vette to Humberview. Bunch of A holes. Nibblet is Ok but they screwed me as well. Took car to them have ignition problem corrected. It was apparantly done under warranty but failed a second time. They told me they would cover the cost of towing as well as the parts. Car taken to them and problem corrected. To my surprise they only covered 1/2 the cost of the part and no towing after telling me they would cover everything. Complaints fell on deaf ears. Haven't taken my car back since and probably never will trust them again. My only comment is buyer beware.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:16 AM
dankhts
Safety Car

Right on, I hear ya! My car's been there since last Wed, and hey haven't fixed any of the problems yet.... if not done ny this Wed, I'll take it out of there. I have some trans leaks, and rear end leaks, and some pretty loud valve trian noise. Also, trans seems to slip a bit between shifts at high speeds/rpms.... I got a call from them Friday, they want to try some software up-dtaes on the trans...
I have a loud chirping during cold starts till it gets up to thermostat temp, then it goes away. They say it's the belt, but I'll have to wait and see.
One thing though, they do keep in touch and let me know what's happening every day at least once.
I'm hoping for the best, the service writer is pretty good....
Old 10-29-2007, 12:44 PM
zoslick
Instructor

The last time i went there, they wouldn't service my car because they said that is was "TOO LOW" psshhh, the thing was that, I BOUGHT MY CAR THERE and they wouldn't service it?? WTF?? Wilson's Nipple not that great... Can anyone here persuade them to fix my friggin car...??

Get notified of new replies

To Repairs At Wilson Niblett

Old 10-29-2007, 01:19 PM
SilverSurferC6
Safety Car

Originally Posted by zoslick
The last time i went there, they wouldn't service my car because they said that is was "TOO LOW" psshhh, the thing was that, I BOUGHT MY CAR THERE and they wouldn't service it?? WTF?? Wilson's Nipple not that great... Can anyone here persuade them to fix my friggin car...??
What's wrong?
Old 10-29-2007, 01:19 PM
dankhts
Safety Car

Originally Posted by zoslick

Guess when it gets right down to it, meybe they're just another dealer... anyway, we'll see yet if they fix anything on mine... heven't heard from them yet today - this Wed will be a week......then I'll take it back whether they do anything or not........
Old 10-29-2007, 02:36 PM
zoslick
Instructor

Originally Posted by SilverSurferC6
What's wrong?
Well, i needed an oil change, they wouldn't do it... there was a recall for the roof panel, they wouldn't do it... my traction control had some malfucntion, they wouldn't fix it... all because they said my car was too low and wouldn't be able to make it up the hoist... kinda strange yah? whereas, i brought it to Northtown Chevrolet and they took care of everything no questions asked...

Quick Reply: Repairs At Wilson Niblett