Canadian Events Canada, eh?

need some exhaust help from forum member and fast!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 03:32 PM
SkyWarp
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some exhaust help from forum member and fast!!!

I got my car jacked up to remove my TI's. I removed the upper swaybar bolt but the swaybar wont swing down. Do i need to remove the bottom bolt attacted to the control arm too??....please help!! What angle should i have my trolly jack so it does not hit the exhaust tks guys

Rob
Old 02-24-2008, 03:55 PM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,420 Likes on 617 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Contributor

see reply in C5 General

Upper bolt and lower nut on each side, and the bar will swing down out of the way.

Just remove the lower nut and leave to bolt in place...
Old 02-24-2008, 04:03 PM
Miaugi
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not comepletely sure I understand you problem/question? I guess you have a C5 or C6? By TI's I would think you mean the Z06 exhaust from a C5? To get these off you must lower the rear swaybar, to lower the swaybar you must remove the bolt and the nut that hold the swaybar clamp onto the rear frame (one bolt and one nut on each side of the car). Once you get that bracket off the swaybar will swing down and no need to disconnect it from the end links.

Then to swing off the cat backs the rear of the car needs a lot of ground clearance to manipulate the muffler and get it over and around the rear axle. When I did my C5 I used jack stands and the back bumber of my car was about 4' in the air! I have a buddy who couldn't get his car high enough so he dug out a trench in the ground to get the wiggle room he needed! Doing this job on a 2 or 4 post lift would be the easist by the way.

FYI, the C6 is easier to do. I hope this helps you? Good luck, take your time and be sure not to take any chances while working under the car.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:32 PM
SkyWarp
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got the drivers side out but i cant get the passenger side out. Im using a trolly jack because i dont have jack stands. The trolly jack is getting in the way. Im going to change the angle of the trolly jack and see if that works. Yes its a c5 z06 exhaust. Thanks for the tips guys

Rob

Get notified of new replies

To need some exhaust help from forum member and fast!!!

Quick Reply: need some exhaust help from forum member and fast!!!