Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Disturbing news from eb02z06!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 11:47 PM
ontariovette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Disturbing news from eb02z06!

I just got news from Arun(eb02z06)that he is withdrawing his association with ECP products for ethical reasons. Dave from Canadian Performance has also informed me that they are withdrawing from the "ECP network". It's an unfortunate situation but they feel that in the end this will benefit the forum members.

All I can say is wow! What a day!
Old 03-08-2008, 11:51 PM
GettReal
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

thats really tooo bad... its always good to see local guys looking to serve the vette community, but that thread was showing some colour...

Edit... and ya, what a day..!! One thing is though, I think I learned something about steel. (meant to be serious)

Last edited by GettReal; 03-08-2008 at 11:57 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:28 AM
sami85L98
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not good at all, he (nasty) just getting famous and he was trying his best as he can, but arun has more knowledge so whatever he says people will believe him, arun and ECP should discuss in Pm's, phone calls or emails but should avoid in public forum, i dont mind debates or argument as long as its friendly and the person at loss should have ***** to admit his mistake but again ........... prolly good for forum as they said and only time will tell.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:37 AM
NOCRISIS
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

I do not think there was as much knowledge there as you think in a certain area,IMHOP,feel free to PM for any details.The conduct was very un-becoming of professionals,but there is usually more to the story and as with any story time will tell.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:31 AM
E.C.P
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '07

E.C.P is built on a customer first approach. Quality products and the best fit and finish and service .
E.C.P is a growing company and will continue to grow with the quality of work we perform.
I Look forward to serving the Corvette community with the best products and second to none service.

Manny Dasilva
Engineered Corvette Products

Last edited by E.C.P; 03-09-2008 at 12:30 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 02:19 PM
Highway Hawk
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Default An Appeal for Civility

When I bought my Corvette last spring, joined this forum, and started going to GTG's and cruises, I was astounded at the great bunch of people we have here and very thankful for the great friendships started.

I am starting to wonder though what has happened during this most brutal of winters. It must be cabin fever. We are all only human and it's natural from time to time to have disagreements or differences of opinion but we are all old enough by now to have learned how to deal with these in a more civil manner.

Here is what works for me when I see a statement being made that I either know is false or not entirely true. Figure out why. If you assume the statement was made based on malicious intent you will immediately colour your judgement and respond in kind, likely escalating the situation. If however, you take the time to find out if a lack of information or a misunderstanding has occurred then you will be more willing to accept that an honest mistake was made either by the person making the statement or by the person interpreting the statement.

It truly can and does work both ways. This is why we have the PM feature on forums and why we should make more use of it or other methods of one on one communication. They allow us to build a clearer picture before we post something that everyone will see. We all have different reasons for being here. For some of us, it's a hobby, for others it also is a business or a way of making extra cash. For all of us it is a passion or we wouldn't spend so much time on it.

We need to understand that and that honest mistakes and misunderstandings do happen. They don't make you a bad person, a liar, a thief or anything else other than human.

So let's all collectively take a deep breath while we wait for the snow to disappear and the GTG and cruise season to begin. Let's all try to be a little less judgemental and a little more tolerant and understanding. We are a small, fun community and I would hate to lose that to some petty squabbling over inconsequential differences of opinion.

Just my 2 cents for the day.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:50 PM
GettReal
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Peter, and could you do me a favour and stop sending me PMs correcting every post I make (Kidding everyone)

On a more serious note.. If you all have 10 minutes heres a reminder about taking things too serious or forgeting about having fun... watch the link I urge it

http://video.stumbleupon.com/#p=ithct48cqw

here is the full version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5_MqicxSo

Last edited by GettReal; 03-09-2008 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:17 PM
WildWilly55
Melting Slicks

Received 168 Likes on 94 Posts

Peter nice piece----Steve nice video to tie it in---you must be the "Tigger!!"
Old 03-09-2008, 04:18 PM
gdm78vette
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Incredible! I'll be watching the full version later tonight for sure.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:35 PM
4GTABODT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Mississauga, Ontario Corvettes were built to be driven...not trailered
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St Jude Donor '07-'08-'09

Sorry Steve, I watched the videos and I STILL having this compelling notion to kick your butt...sorry, just can't seem to shake it

Good post...Smook had posted that vid a while back...great message.

Peter, good message too...I agree, must be this long winter getting the better of us (myself included at times). Nothing wrong with a free expression of ideas, we just have to remember the golden rule of communicating, and thats TACT...the art of making a point without making an enemy.

Old 03-09-2008, 04:48 PM
smook
Melting Slicks

Ok, It's time for a ....

and... it's time to smoke the peace pipe.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:22 PM
desi
Melting Slicks

I agree with Peter. We all need to step back and take this forum a bit lightly. We should remember that everyone has an opinion and you don't have to agree with all of them
Old 03-09-2008, 07:39 PM
Highway Hawk
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by desi
I agree with Peter. We all need to step back and take this forum a bit lightly. We should remember that everyone has an opinion and you don't have to agree with all of them
Thanks Desi. Sometimes, if you don't agree with someone the best course of action is to say nothing. I don't want to play the role of "Mother Hen" but it just bugs me to see something so good (this forum) be hurt by this type of stuff. It is unfortunate that the mods had to step in when it got too ridiculous because I'm sure we would all prefer to police ourselves.

When you get slapped down you can react in 1 of 2 ways. You can think the world is against you and the only solution is to hit back harder or you can realize that maybe there was a reason for the slapdown in the first place and you should rethink your position. I'm hoping that the latter prevails but given the reactions mentioned in the original post in this thread and the stuff I've heard today, I'm not going to hold my breath on it.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:20 PM
WYCKD 1
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very good Peter and I agree 100%.

As one of the guilty parties in slamming someone for their words, i've said before and will say again..Mea Culpa and I'm very sorry. I have learned to step away from the keyboard.

Lauri

PS..If i slip up again, can use PMS as a defense.....
Old 03-10-2008, 08:49 AM
z06cab
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by WYCKD 1

As one of the guilty parties

there's a change.

good luck to both parties involved
Old 03-10-2008, 11:54 AM
B-Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

I posted on that thread - it was definitely hot in there. Some of us have been in their shoes before (myself included). I subsequently quit posting on another Corvette site because of a disagreement turned argument and the way it was handled.

Lack of personal contact, inability to read body language, reading only typed words - even with the smiley faces/frowns won't always show true intent or feelings. That is a common downfall with all forums.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:24 PM
avtarv
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 68 Posts

Well unfortunately I work with Arun And I have personally seen him take his car apart not once not twice but several times to see if that works, this works and so on and so on. I wish he would stop and do more work around here anyway!
BUT as far as knowing what he's doing and what's best for these car's he's the guy I would go too-no questions asked! I'm not going to get into the steel debate but we have all types of material here-we know what works and why and what it's made out of-we both grew up working with his father in the metal industry.
Good luck with your business Manny-at least now Arun will have one less person to call him during the day-that's good for me-he needs to concentrate on work than cars!

Get notified of new replies

To Disturbing news from eb02z06!

Old 03-10-2008, 04:19 PM
Highway Hawk
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by WYCKD 1
Very good Peter and I agree 100%.

As one of the guilty parties in slamming someone for their words, i've said before and will say again..Mea Culpa and I'm very sorry. I have learned to step away from the keyboard.

Lauri

PS..If i slip up again, can use PMS as a defense.....
Thanks Lauri but I'm not sure I know about the incident you are referring to and honestly I'm having a hard time picturing you as exhibiting the kind of vindictiveness I've been seeing lately that prompted my original post. Despite your handle, we all know you're a sweetie.

PS: Given that I survived 2 teenage daughters for years (seems like decades) the PMS defense is something I'm very familiar with.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:45 PM
BRIANSC6
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have met Manny on a several occasions and have purchased product from him and he has never been anything but a complete professional and I received great customer service. I have never met Arun and I hope to this summer but I am sure he is the same. If I have to guess if there were "do overs" both Manny and Arun would choose to do things differently.

I hope that they can repair ther professional relationship and if not then at least their personal relationship.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:33 PM
ontariovette
Instructor

Default my 2 cents

Did the thread that generated this thread cross the line? It wasn't bantering but I am not convinced that it was bashing. There were two main parties involved each contributing equally, one hoping to sell his product and one voicing his opinion of that product. (That's my understanding) I am a bit "baffled" over why two are on vacation and not the third.

Personally, I have relied a great deal on product information I have read on this forum. Much of that info comes through debating the products I was considering for purchase and by reading the infomation displayed I was then able to come to a decision that worked for me.

Many contributions to this thread look to inspiration as I interpert to be, "don't sweat the small stuff", step back, be tackful, say sorry... all very wise words.
Intentions should be considered. Was an honest mistake made? Did the other party just want to make sure the population at large had a full understanding of a product. Should a pm have been used? Maybe, but I'm thinking that people need to spend time researching the products that they would like to put on their cars.

As the saying goes, "you get what you pay for" or "buyer beware". Having said that, I understand that everyones budget is different ,that is a fact, but remember don't be "penny wise and pound foolish".

I want to wish Arun much success as he continues with his ventures and would like to thank him for the way he shares his knowledge freely with others.

Frank

Last edited by ontariovette; 03-10-2008 at 08:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Disturbing news from eb02z06!