Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Best Place to buy Canadian Vette Parts?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2024, 09:56 PM
Platnumbob
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Best Place to buy Canadian Vette Parts?

I am new to the Corvette game, but my (new to me) C6 is completely stock and may need a few minor upgrades. Not going to do to much but am thinking about possibly long tube headers and an intake for starters....does anyone have a good source for reasonable prices shipped in Canada? Thanks!
Old 02-27-2024, 07:44 AM
DDP
Burning Brakes

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts

Good question and welcome to the Forum,
We've all been asking that question and no one has been able to figure that out.
Some of us have had US parts shipped to a holding depot in Buffalo NY to save on the cross border shipping charges. I notice that your in Alberta so I'm not sure how close you are to the states to try this approach.
There is Corvette Depot in Windsor I have only used them once with no real issues only the wait time for the shipping to the GTA seemed longer that it should be.

Last edited by DDP; 02-27-2024 at 08:15 AM.
Old 02-27-2024, 08:17 AM
74Ken
Burning Brakes

Received 87 Likes on 76 Posts

I have used Corvette Depot also.
No complaints,
They deal with the duty in the pricing so no big surprises when you place the order....or when UPS is standing at your door asking for money before they give you your package.
Never ship UPS.
Old 02-27-2024, 10:56 AM
Platnumbob
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

UPS is the worse, been there myself!

A shipping depot in Montana would be an option, would have to make a trip out of it. I was hoping there were some good online retailers....sad
Old 02-27-2024, 11:23 AM
progtp
Burning Brakes

Received 1,370 Likes on 469 Posts

I've got three Corvettes in my household an 9 times out of 10 we end up ordering from the US. There is no real good Canadian Website. When we ask local shops for parts pricing they end up being pretty much the same as ordering from the US including all the duties, brokerage and exchange rate.
Old 02-27-2024, 12:29 PM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 660 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by progtp
I've got three Corvettes in my household an 9 times out of 10 we end up ordering from the US. There is no real good Canadian Website. When we ask local shops for parts pricing they end up being pretty much the same as ordering from the US including all the duties, brokerage and exchange rate.
Agreed. There are no credible parts suppliers in Canada who carry Corvette parts other than fluids and brake pads/rotors.

There was a guy somewhere in the Windsor area who was positioning himself as a Corvette supplier, but all he was doing was sourcing the product in the US once you ordered something from him. Of course this led to huge delays, missed promises on delivery dates and really poor service

Open an account with CBI in Niagara Falls, have your stuff shipped there and go pick up the parts yourself

Old 02-27-2024, 07:33 PM
Waleyejack
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are plenty of used Corvette places around in Canada.. If you want new, have to but from US sadly.
Old 02-27-2024, 07:35 PM
Waleyejack
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VETFEVER
Agreed. There are no credible parts suppliers in Canada who carry Corvette parts other than fluids and brake pads/rotors.

There was a guy somewhere in the Windsor area who was positioning himself as a Corvette supplier, but all he was doing was sourcing the product in the US once you ordered something from him. Of course this led to huge delays, missed promises on delivery dates and really poor service

Open an account with CBI in Niagara Falls, have your stuff shipped there and go pick up the parts yourself

Don t think he is driving from Alberta to Niagara to pick stuff up.
Old 02-28-2024, 06:06 PM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 660 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by Platnumbob
UPS is the worse, been there myself!

A shipping depot in Montana would be an option, would have to make a trip out of it. I was hoping there were some good online retailers....sad
A shipping depot in Montana is a good idea if it’s not too far for you.

If you can’t do this, then order from Corvette Central in Michigan. As far as US suppliers go, Corvette Central is the best at shipping to Canadians. They are big, they have been doing this for a long time and have figured out everything including shipping, duties, etc. Your stuff will arrive with no trailing duty or tax charges. You can’t say this about most vendors out of the US.
The following 5 users liked this post by VETFEVER:
63silver (03-01-2024), Black 03 Z06 (02-28-2024), dankhts (02-29-2024), DSR (03-10-2024), Norm07 (03-01-2024)
Old 02-29-2024, 04:30 PM
red454
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Summit Racing has free shipping to Canada on orders over $299 US. You can change the currency on the pricing so you know exactly what your paying. I ordered a CAI for my ZR2 Silverado last year and it was shipped quick and an easy transaction.
The following 2 users liked this post by red454:
63silver (03-01-2024), GMJim (03-06-2024)
Old 03-01-2024, 12:35 PM
dankhts
Safety Car

Received 326 Likes on 203 Posts

[QUOTE=VETFEVER;1607572688]A shipping depot in Montana is a good idea if it’s not too far for you.

Moving to Montana gonna be a dental floss tycoon and raise my lonely dental floss there .... Frank Zappa 1973

Get notified of new replies

To Best Place to buy Canadian Vette Parts?

Quick Reply: Best Place to buy Canadian Vette Parts?