Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Someone backup into Not2Melo :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 08:22 PM
NOT2MELO
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Someone backed up into Not2Melo :(

Well took my son out to golf today and was in the parking lot when all of a sudden someone decided to backup out
of a parking spot and into my car while we where looking for a free parking space

I have been still waiting for my window (stone crack) and all of the sudden this happens, man when it rains, it pours,
hope to get some good luck soon!

Anyways, the guy said "Sorry about that".............

Here are some photos of the damage, looks like the right front quarter panel is broken and needs to be replaced.
There is a tiny tear at the seam in the front bumper (dont know if thats fixable?) and now paint blending or matching
worries me a bit. I will most likely take it to Humberview tomorrow and see what they say.

I need to call the insurance company tomorrow morning, dont know if I need a colision center for this minor accident?

Last edited by NOT2MELO; 05-29-2008 at 08:42 PM.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:34 PM
Highway Hawk
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

He said "Sorry about that"??? You should have made 2 phone calls, 1 to the insurance company and 1 to get the ambulance to come pick up what's left of him.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:38 PM
DEMITRISTYLES
Drifting

Location: You Can't Buy Cool, No Friggin' Way - Mississauga Ontario
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DigitalZ
He said "Sorry about that"??? You should have made 2 phone calls, 1 to the insurance company and 1 to get the ambulance to come pick up what's left of him.
At least he apologized. Take it to Davies if you're worried about the paint being blended perfectly.

http://www.daviesvette.com/
Old 05-29-2008, 10:43 PM
smook
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Davies, is the BEST for the paint/fibre and repair.

The quarter panel is repairable, but the bumper needs full replacement due to the tear.

Sorry about that? That's it? How did you react?
-zB.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:57 PM
Billtre
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would freak!

Hope it all goes well.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:36 AM
NOT2MELO
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by smook

The quarter panel is repairable, but the bumper needs full replacement due to the tear.

-zB.
Well I was pissed but what can you do?
Yelling and screaming will not really help, other then making me feel a little bit better.
The car he was driving was 18 years old and had rust holes in it so he did not care about his car or fixing it.
Other then saying that he did not say much at all guess he knew I was pissed and he knew he made a mistake.
If it was me I would feel bad, but then some people dont care anymore due to No Fault insurance.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:49 AM
E.C.P
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by smook

-zB.
with the smook man
Old 05-30-2008, 09:05 AM
use2bl8
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Call Rob at Champion Motors 416-751-8047, he is a forum member (Boostmaster). He did the best job on my rear fender after the wife backed into it.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:28 AM
B-Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

Killing the guy that hit you would have been cheaper and less painful than going through the insurance hassle.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:35 AM
z06cab
Le Mans Master

I honestly would have slipped and punched him in the face, by accident of course. sorry about that.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:00 PM
Sweet 90
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Man that sucks. If you read the forums you see more and more Vettes being backed into, so I will not park any where this can happen I don't care how far I have to walk.
Jim
Old 05-30-2008, 03:12 PM
NOT2MELO
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bvette2000
Killing the guy that hit you would have been cheaper and less painful than going through the insurance hassle.
I dont know, we will have to see how it all plays out next week.
My car is going into the dealership this Monday and the adjuster will be over in that morning to check it out.
I think the car should have a 4 wheel alignment also due to he hit and pushed up against my tire.
They have my windshield in to the dealership, came in the day my car got hit, go figure.
So they will replace the window and do the repair work at the same time, hope to have it back at the end of the week.
Will keep you updated on the whole process.

Last edited by NOT2MELO; 05-30-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:58 PM
dlynch
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hope you're happy with the work. Please let us know.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:24 AM
use2bl8
Drifting

I think his insurance should pay for the repairs, if you were parked. When your premiums go up, so you then get quotes from other companies, you will have to state you had a claim and the rates will be alot higher, then without a claim.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:13 AM
NOT2MELO
Burning Brakes

I was actually in the parking lot looking for a open spot.
The parking lot was long and narrow and the rows went back and forth on the short side.
They also had parking on one long side, I stop at a isle to look down for a spot and the guy backs out into me while stopped.

Last edited by NOT2MELO; 05-31-2008 at 09:37 AM.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:24 PM
lionelhutz
Race Director

Received 849 Likes on 725 Posts

It is his fault.

The so called "no fault" insurance is really assigned fault insurance. As in, there are fixed rules in Ontario and depending on how the vehicles collide fault is assigned.

Here's the rule for your accident:

"(4) If automobile “A” is leaving a parking space and fails to yield the right of way to automobile “B” on a feeder lane or a thoroughfare, the driver of automobile “A” is 100 per cent at fault and the driver of automobile “B” is not at fault for the incident."

There is also another rule that says if you are backing up then the accident is your fault. Either way, you're not at fault.

I hope you got his license number and insurance info so you can put it back on him.

Peter
Old 05-31-2008, 07:22 PM
NOT2MELO
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by lionelhutz
It is his fault.

The so called "no fault" insurance is really assigned fault insurance. As in, there are fixed rules in Ontario and depending on how the vehicles collide fault is assigned.

Here's the rule for your accident:

"(4) If automobile “A” is leaving a parking space and fails to yield the right of way to automobile “B” on a feeder lane or a thoroughfare, the driver of automobile “A” is 100 per cent at fault and the driver of automobile “B” is not at fault for the incident."

There is also another rule that says if you are backing up then the accident is your fault. Either way, you're not at fault.

I hope you got his license number and insurance info so you can put it back on him.

Peter
I got all his insurance info and all his personal info and forward to State Farm.
They called me this afternoon and asked how I was etc. (no injuries) and explained the accident to the agent.
They asked where his car hit mine, and told them on the back right hand side of his bumper as he back out
of the parking spot into the front side of my car.
The girl said that it was his fault, they contacted his insurance and I have to pay no deductable
and there will be nothing on my insurance as my fault to raise my rates
See told me the claim was ready to go and drop my car off on Monday for the agent to come and see the car.
Sounds good so far, wish me luck.

Get notified of new replies

To Someone backup into Not2Melo :(

Old 06-03-2008, 08:25 PM
NOT2MELO
Burning Brakes

To bring the whole saga up to date my deductable was waved due to the other guy saying it was his fault,
his insurance is paying for me, so will not effect my rate they told me

The adjuster was in to look at the car today and to replace the front bumper (due to tear) and the front side quarter
panel with paint and install comes to a big $4633.00 tax included.
That does not include a 4 wheel alignment that they will review once the car is fixed, they said the claim is still
open for updating if needed. I said a small missalignment could cause the tires to wear over time, so they agreed to
review it again later on.

It also seems that State Farm has a clause on older cars to install used parts as a cost saving measure and that
saves them a whole $600 over new ones, so I told the dealer to get new ones and I will pay the difference.
Man you really have to read that small print on your insurance, when you get those 2-3 pages on renewall its all
there in micro writing.

Anyways, new over used anyday, I dont want it peeling off in a year or two, hope to have it back next week.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:12 PM
use2bl8
Drifting

Good news your rate won't be affected.

Can't believe $4600, Rob fixed my fender which had a bigger crack, made it look like new for $600. No way a USED bumber is $4000.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:19 PM
GettReal
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NOT2MELO
To bring the whole saga up to date my deductable was waved due to the other guy saying it was his fault,
his insurance is paying for me, so will not effect my rate they told me

The adjuster was in to look at the car today and to replace the front bumper (due to tear) and the front side quarter
panel with paint and install comes to a big $4633.00 tax included.
That does not include a 4 wheel alignment that they will review once the car is fixed, they said the claim is still
open for updating if needed. I said a small missalignment could cause the tires to wear over time, so they agreed to
review it again later on.

It also seems that State Farm has a clause on older cars to install used parts as a cost saving measure and that
saves them a whole $600 over new ones, so I told the dealer to get new ones and I will pay the difference.
Man you really have to read that small print on your insurance, when you get those 2-3 pages on renewall its all
there in micro writing.

Anyways, new over used anyday, I dont want it peeling off in a year or two, hope to have it back next week.

I am so glad it all worked out for you but also a bit pissed to see that another Insurance company is getting screwed.. no way thats 5k worth of damage.

Quick Reply: Someone backup into Not2Melo :(