Canadian Events Canada, eh?

first embarassing experience with vette

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 02:22 AM
kleiner3956
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first embarassing experience with vette

Pull into gas station after work grab to grab some chips, turn car off, DIC flashes no fob detected, dont think anything of it. Go inside stand in line forever come back out doors wont open....WTH..... try again lights flash door still doesnt open......hmmmm. try hitting unlock on fob nothing........WTF.... this is not happening, people watching this really sucks, just got this car havent read manual yet.

Call gf at home to bring me other set keys, shows up, they dont work either, OMG......going to loose it now..... Had window rolled down a little gf remembers manual door realease, scwurms in gets door open, ALARM goes off......great......now im passed embarrassed alarm still going off but door open. Push in clutch hit start, Nothing, no fobs detected, again... nothing. alarm still going off. Have EVERYONES attention now, Girlfriend frantically pushing buttons on one fob to get it to stop to no avail.

Open glove compartment to get owners manual, see tiny slot perfect size for fob, hmmm i wonder..... Yep it fits......does it start now......YES it does......YAY

still trying to figure out what caused it, theres lots of people on the board that have had a similar problem, Im drawing mine down to either interference from security channel interference from the gas station, or i was still in work uniform and carrying my fleetnet radio
Old 05-30-2008, 06:44 AM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 667 Likes on 446 Posts

What year?
Old 05-30-2008, 08:11 AM
Bishs
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

His Info states
Year & Model:
2005 C6
Old 05-30-2008, 08:25 AM
corrado
Le Mans Master

Received 227 Likes on 118 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

The 2005s did have a few problems with not recognizing the fobs I heard. Shouldn't happen again, now that you've re-initialized it.

It's embarassing, I hear you, but at least now you won't let it happen again.

Hey, at least you didn't lock your girlfriend in the car on a scorching summer day like I did... thats not fun for anyone. Looks like your gf already knew the solution to that, but I forgot to tell mine.

Reading the manual is the best bet, I know as men we don't always like to read manuals, but there's so many damn computers in the new cars, you pretty much have to to avoid situations like this.

Buy the way, congrats on your new ride!!
Old 05-30-2008, 08:37 AM
Kovimo
Instructor

Default Lock above License Plate

Not being a smart a** , but, You really should take the time to read the manual and watch the DVDs and listen to the CD's... you'd be amazed what information you can learn about our sophisticated car!

You probably already know... There is a key lock above the rear license plate that you could have used to pop the hatch, then reach in and use the door release switch to open the driver door vs climbing thru the window.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:06 AM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 92 Likes on 71 Posts

Damn, I wonder if that is why my key fob doesn't work on my 72. seriously though the same thing happened to a friend of mine on a long cruise only he had it towed to a dealership to find the solution to re-ini.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:51 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Great embarrasing story! , front page news on the Canora Gazette Saturday edition, no doubt.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:24 AM
B-Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

I still think that GM should have left the drivers side door with a key lock for crap like that.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:45 PM
kleiner3956
Advanced

the most ironic part of whole story is my winter vehicle old rust bucket 86 chev truck came to save the stranded vette. 300 000kms and i know its always going to let me in, (mostly cause i never lock it) and always starts first crank.

technology is nice, i am however accustomed to keys, regular old fashioned stick key in ignition KEYS, lol

Get notified of new replies

To first embarassing experience with vette

Quick Reply: first embarassing experience with vette