Canadian Events Canada, eh?

We're Coming On Up!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 09:36 PM
Sparkieeee
Team Owner

Location: Brooklyn, NYC .. If I can make it there, I can make it anywhere, New York, New York - Fred Ebb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10
Default We're Coming On Up!

On July 26th, my husband, our dog Sparkie and I are jumping in our Vette and heading north. We will be staying in Toronto - meeting up with friends, Mo & Sue. We are looking for some suggestions of what to see and do. My husband is a photographer so "photo ops" and "scenic stuff" suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

BTW - I am a HUGE Rangers fan - please don't throw things - I bruise easily
Old 07-02-2008, 10:10 PM
Highway Hawk
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

There was some talk a couple weeks back of combining a Niagara cruise with the show at Reif Winery on the Sunday. Keep an eye on this forum to see if it materializes.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:30 PM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 667 Likes on 446 Posts

Interested in selling the Vette - we Canucks are on a buying rampage...
Old 07-03-2008, 04:00 PM
JUSTAKAR
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Toronto

Originally Posted by Sparkieeee
On July 26th, my husband, our dog Sparkie and I are jumping in our Vette and heading north. We will be staying in Toronto - meeting up with friends, Mo & Sue. We are looking for some suggestions of what to see and do. My husband is a photographer so "photo ops" and "scenic stuff" suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

BTW - I am a HUGE Rangers fan - please don't throw things - I bruise easily
Go Isles Go....

Seriously if it's Mo and Sue you are here to visit ...they will arrange for a Vette outing......If you can get them to drive where Dragon's go there is an East end with a Racing facility.......
Nice lunch spot where the severs screw up the bill at least twice but the foof is edible....
Hope to see you when your here.........
Steve Mosport1 perfect for an East end cruise...????
Ian
Old 07-03-2008, 04:16 PM
GettReal
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JUSTAKAR
Go Isles Go....

Seriously if it's Mo and Sue you are here to visit ...they will arrange for a Vette outing......If you can get them to drive where Dragon's go there is an East end with a Racing facility.......
Nice lunch spot where the severs screw up the bill at least twice but the foof is edible....
Ian
OK, this is where one of us now has to come in and translate whatever the hell Ian just tried to say. He said theres a great track (Mosport) and an ok track (Shannonville) just east of Toronto and some nice backroads to cruise on that end up at a little place with decent food.

But seriously, Mo and Sue are great ambassadors and there will typically be something going on Vette related at that time. If not, there are TONS of other things to do while visiting, depends on what interest you. How long are you going to be here for?

Niagara Falls / Niagara on the lake are great places to visit and to take pics. Driving up for a day in the Muskoka region (2-3 hours north) is absolutely beautiful and would be great if you could find a quaint hotel or B&B for a night or two up there on a lake.

Give us an idea of what kind of thing you might be looking for and hopefully we'll be able to give you details.

edit ** also noticed that the Porsche New jersey club is running at Mosport while you are here, if you or someone in the CFNE know anyone in that club, it would be an amazing way to spend a day.

Last edited by GettReal; 07-03-2008 at 04:23 PM.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:48 PM
4GTABODT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Mississauga, Ontario Corvettes were built to be driven...not trailered
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St Jude Donor '07-'08-'09

Bill and Linda are GOOD people and diehard Vette/car enthusiasts!! They were part of the New York Crew that did the Manhattan run with Sue & I last July 3rd...ONE YEAR AGO TODAY!! What a great night that was! Made us feel like we part of the gang from way back...looking forward to repaying the hospitality.

Ya, a NF run is definately in the cards and yes Ian, we will get them out to the East End

We need Mr Scarfone here to tell us he secret pic places!!

Stay tuned Linda/Bill...we gotcha covered
Old 07-04-2008, 09:21 AM
Sparkieeee
Team Owner

Location: Brooklyn, NYC .. If I can make it there, I can make it anywhere, New York, New York - Fred Ebb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Originally Posted by JUSTAKAR
Go Isles Go....

Ian
Originally Posted by GettReal
OK, this is where one of us now has to come in and translate whatever the hell Ian just tried to say. He said theres a great track (Mosport) and an ok track (Shannonville) just east of Toronto and some nice backroads to cruise on that end up at a little place with decent food.

But seriously, Mo and Sue are great ambassadors and there will typically be something going on Vette related at that time. If not, there are TONS of other things to do while visiting, depends on what interest you. How long are you going to be here for?

Niagara Falls / Niagara on the lake are great places to visit and to take pics. Driving up for a day in the Muskoka region (2-3 hours north) is absolutely beautiful and would be great if you could find a quaint hotel or B&B for a night or two up there on a lake.

Give us an idea of what kind of thing you might be looking for and hopefully we'll be able to give you details.

edit ** also noticed that the Porsche New jersey club is running at Mosport while you are here, if you or someone in the CFNE know anyone in that club, it would be an amazing way to spend a day.

After hanging with hockey players for most of my life, I thought that I understood Canadian.

We can't wait for this trip.

Get notified of new replies

To We're Coming On Up!

Quick Reply: We're Coming On Up!