E.c.p 08 Z06 Now Cooler & Handles Like Its On Rails

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 10:57 AM
E.C.P
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07
Default E.c.p 08 Z06 Now Cooler & Handles Like Its On Rails

This week has sure been an experience. The first full Pfadt suspension was installed in Steve's 08 Z06, as well as a G2 LG rad.
Here is a list of the componets and the pictures of he install. This is just an amazing suspension to have on your C5 or C6 .
The car is off to Powell Motorsports to get corner weighted this week

LG G2 Track Rad

Pfadt:
Coilovers
Fatty comp sway bars
Poly bushing kit with new mounts and sleeve's
Camber kit
Pillow blocks

The pictures:

Out with the old and in with the new

This system is not for the faint of heart. latteral G's in the 2's

To disscuss your own Pfadt suspension needs ,please call :
Manny Dasilva@ E.C.P
519-622-9389
519-240-2601

Last edited by E.C.P; 07-06-2008 at 10:59 AM.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:25 AM
GettReal
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Holy crap that car is getting set up, very nice... when do we get to see it on the track???

I know those are supposed to be one of the best bar set ups out there but is there any issues with the those teeth ever getting worn down or broken under high load over time. I think they look freakin cool as hell. How do you know how to adjust it??... it looks like there are so many options.

Last edited by GettReal; 07-06-2008 at 11:31 AM.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:01 PM
SilverSurferC6
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GettReal
Holy crap that car is getting set up, very nice... when do we get to see it on the track???

I know those are supposed to be one of the best bar set ups out there but is there any issues with the those teeth ever getting worn down or broken under high load over time. I think they look freakin cool as hell. How do you know how to adjust it??... it looks like there are so many options.
Steve raises a good question. I am also curious (as a newbie) since I also understand that the composite leaf springs are replaced by this setup. I have heard awesome reviews by other owners too. I think Jetz has a similar setup.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:28 PM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 234 Likes on 143 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

VERY nice set up! It looks like Pfadt makes some very high quality pieces; love the coil overs, the adjustable splined sway bars, and the heim-jointed adjustable end links.....heck even the pillow blocks look awesome! I've never understood why so many of the late-model guys spend so much money on everything else, but I hardly ever see guys updating their suspension; as good as it is from the factory, it can always be improved upon because from the factory it is a compromise between all-out handling and rider comfort. I am one of the guys that prefers all-out handling, my C3 has a 100% aftermarket suspension system on it.......if I wanted comfort, I'd buy a Buick!!!! The car will be like night and day, especially with the coil overs. The car will be alot of fun on the street and the track.

Keep up the good work, looks great!

Last edited by 7t2vette; 07-06-2008 at 12:30 PM.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:02 PM
E.C.P
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '07

Hi Steve & Pierre, the car is getting corner weighted and set-up at Powell Motorsports this week and will be at the next up-coming track event.
These parts are put through some very punishing tests both while racing as well as in off track testing. The spline's are as strong as drive shaft splines. In all my own reaseach on the Pfadt product ,I have not seen any evidance of any part failing. Pfadt does a lot of C5/C6 racing as well as sponsorship, giving them some excellant feed back on their product. Like all of the products that I carry, this line is without a doubt the best value out there.

Yes there are many options for as far as set-up goes. It can be done by trial and error or do as I'm doing and take the car to a professional race shop like Powell Motor Sports. They can set up the car and still leave some adjustment up to you as there are 12 setting in each coilover.

Manny

Last edited by E.C.P; 07-06-2008 at 03:07 PM.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:32 PM
GettReal
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Nasty98
Hi Steve & Pierre, the car is getting corner weighted and set-up at Powell Motorsports this week and will be at the next up-coming track event.
These parts are put through some very punishing tests both while racing as well as in off track testing. The spline's are as strong as drive shaft splines. In all my own reaseach on the Pfadt product ,I have not seen any evidance of any part failing. Pfadt does a lot of C5/C6 racing as well as sponsorship, giving them some excellant feed back on their product. Like all of the products that I carry, this line is without a doubt the best value out there.

Yes there are many options for as far as set-up goes. It can be done by trial and error or do as I'm doing and take the car to a professional race shop like Powell Motor Sports. They can set up the car and still leave some adjustment up to you as there are 12 setting in each coilover.

Manny

Manny... I have my eye on that set up and will let you know if I make a change, Ive been admiring them for awhile Bruce, I totally agree with you about suspension.. I think alot of the late model guys are running with improved suspension set ups. I myself am currently running with hotchkiss bars and bilstein shocks and I know a bunch of guys with the same set ups, it does make a big difference.. but these are Sweet..and Yes Manny, you wont find a better shop to set the car up then Powells.. Nice install work.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:48 PM
E.C.P
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '07

Manny... I have my eye on that set up and will let you know if I make a change, Ive been admiring them for awhile Bruce, I totally agree with you about suspension.. I think alot of the late model guys are running with improved suspension set ups. I myself am currently running with hotchkiss bars and bilstein shocks and I know a bunch of guys with the same set ups, it does make a big difference.. but these are Sweet..and Yes Manny, you wont find a better shop to set the car up then Powells.. Nice install work.
Thank you Steve for the kudo's.
Most of all thanks to Steve the owner of this awsome Z06 for having the faith and trust in me to build and install a system of this complexity.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:49 PM
ZO6Steve02
Instructor

I can't wait for wednesday.....I will give a full report on everything thrusday....

Will be at MapleView on Wednesday nite!!!
Old 07-06-2008, 06:54 PM
GettReal
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by ZO6Steve02
I can't wait for wednesday.....I will give a full report on everything thrusday....

Will be at MapleView on Wednesday nite!!!
you guys coming to Mosport on the 23rd????? i wanna see and hear that car run
Old 07-06-2008, 07:42 PM
ZO6Steve02
Instructor

Manny you are the VetteMan!!....
Old 07-07-2008, 02:33 AM
JETZ
Le Mans Master

Received 147 Likes on 124 Posts

Got Pfadt.

Originally Posted by SilverSurferC6
Steve raises a good question. I am also curious (as a newbie) since I also understand that the composite leaf springs are replaced by this setup. I have heard awesome reviews by other owners too. I think Jetz has a similar setup.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:23 AM
NOCRISIS
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Manny,does this meean the lift is empty,
Old 07-07-2008, 08:58 AM
E.C.P
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by NOCRISIS
Manny,does this meean the lift is empty,
Now Rick you know the lift is never empty........just in use

See you on Thursday
Old 07-07-2008, 09:41 AM
corrado
Le Mans Master

Received 227 Likes on 118 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Manny, GOOD work there.

I assume the coil overs totally get rid of the damn wheel hop going over fast turns on uneven pavement?

This mod may be in my future now....
Old 07-07-2008, 09:57 AM
rpanesar
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Love the Pfadt set up on the car - good work there Manny as usual
Old 07-07-2008, 05:02 PM
E.C.P
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by corrado
Manny, GOOD work there.

I assume the coil overs totally get rid of the damn wheel hop going over fast turns on uneven pavement?

This mod may be in my future now....
Corrado the ride is like a roller coaster on steroids

No hop no fuss ,just hang on to your teeth

I'm ready when you are . Coilovers ready and waiting !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-07-2008, 08:55 PM
cool07
Instructor

I put the PFADT coilovers & sway bars on my 2007 C6 Z51.

The handling improvement is quite remarkable. Also, it got rid of the hopping on our local road courses.

Then, when the shocks are set for street, the ride is much more refined.

I also got a peak HUD reading of 1.26G a couple of weeks ago at the track on the stock G/Y runflats.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:18 PM
E.C.P
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by cool07
I put the PFADT coilovers & sway bars on my 2007 C6 Z51.

The handling improvement is quite remarkable. Also, it got rid of the hopping on our local road courses.

Then, when the shocks are set for street, the ride is much more refined.

I also got a peak HUD reading of 1.26G a couple of weeks ago at the track on the stock G/Y runflats.
This is exactly what I'm taking about here . The difference is night & day. So as JETZ put it "GET PFADT"

Get notified of new replies

To E.c.p 08 Z06 Now Cooler & Handles Like Its On Rails

Quick Reply: E.c.p 08 Z06 Now Cooler & Handles Like Its On Rails