Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 06:26 PM
royalmike
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Modified Corvette USA into BC, Federal and Provincial inspections

Modified Corvette USA into BC
Hi
Anybody have any experience in importing a modified Vett into BC specifically regarding Federal and Provincial inspections exhaust with no cat’s, Stroker motor aftermarket brakes r and lowered just over 1 inch. This is a 2001 C5 Zo6, I did import my last Vett C5 from the states and this did have modified inlet and exhaust and nothing was said about that although CT may just not have realised.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:05 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by royalmike
Modified Corvette USA into BC
Hi
Anybody have any experience in importing a modified Vett into BC specifically regarding Federal and Provincial inspections exhaust with no cat’s, Stroker motor aftermarket brakes r and lowered just over 1 inch. This is a 2001 C5 Zo6, I did import my last Vett C5 from the states and this did have modified inlet and exhaust and nothing was said about that although CT may just not have realised.
I know what I always do, have a buddy who is authorized to do inspections, do the inspection, somehow they always pass with flying colors.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:39 PM
10caipirinhas
Pro

You´ll pass the federal RIV inspection as their mandate does not cover the items you mentioned. All you need for that is a clearly visible KMH speedometer (either digital or analog) the daytime running lights, recall clearance, and the correct US compliance stickers for EPA and DOT on the doorjamb, and you`re good to go. But you know that already from past experience.

As far as `Air Care` and anything else provincial it really depends on the guy with the clipboard in his hand. I doubt you`d pass `Air Care` though, as you have no cats. FWIW `Air Care` only applies to the lower mainland.

Of course, I have always followed Tony´s rule as mentioned above.

Last edited by 10caipirinhas; 06-06-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:11 PM
Spinner_89
Pro

As mentioned - Air Care is only needed if you're in the lower mainland. The Canadian Tire inspection is more of a paperwork / vin check than anything else. If you need an insurance inspection, find a shop that you know / trust and can see that they're all OEM or better components.

Get notified of new replies

To Modified Corvette USA into BC, Federal and Provincial inspections

Quick Reply: Modified Corvette USA into BC, Federal and Provincial inspections