Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Ti exhaust mod. who does it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 10:10 AM
Rob P
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Ti exhaust mod. who does it?

Does anyone know a place that would do this in the west end?
Also approx pricing

I put on a set of SLP loudmouths and it sounds great but may be too loud for my ears. I will try keeping them on for a week, see if I get used to it, otherwise I would like the Ti exhaust mod. More sound than stock but not too loud.

thanks
Old 06-19-2010, 02:51 PM
nuck
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob P
Does anyone know a place that would do this in the west end?
Also approx pricing

I put on a set of SLP loudmouths and it sounds great but may be too loud for my ears. I will try keeping them on for a week, see if I get used to it, otherwise I would like the Ti exhaust mod. More sound than stock but not too loud.

thanks
Do you mean replace your catbacks with a Z06 Ti? You can buy a used Ti for $250-$300 plus shipping. The old catback will probably come off in about 10 minutes. Just jack up the back end and unbolt it. I had Stingers and it was that easy. The Ti is harder to put on only because it is a bit longer unit. I couldn't safely jack my back end up that extra few inches so I took it to a shop with a hoist and paid $50.00.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:02 PM
Polar Jet
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

He means the bypass mod on the Zo6 Ti's. You basically weld 2 pieces of titanium (one on each side) from the pipe just before the mufflers to the part just past the mufflers which then helps bypass them, increasing the volume of the exhaust to some degree. Not sure what size diameter pipe is the most common though. Maybe 1.5"?????

Last edited by Polar Jet; 06-19-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Old 06-19-2010, 05:50 PM
sami85L98
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did not read your whole thread, but i did it, justakar and Mo we all did, and couple more forgot who else. Everyone loves it, my car has a bolt on mods if you like to hear how it sounds lemme know, we go for a ride, hear and feel from outside and inside including WOT runs...

A GM plant mechanic welder he did welding for me first time and than powell motorosports did second time. I did first than swap with Corsa loved it but was too loud my apartment people complaint as thier kids crying, well i sold corsa n swap with another forum member and did the same thing Ti bypass, i know where to get Ti pipes. Had to search though, they are in Cali so gotta get it.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:47 PM
Rob P
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would just use my stock pipes. Powell is just so bloody far.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:10 PM
nuck
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you running cats? When I went to high flow cats and an x pipe the car got louder at WOT and it might have made a couple of extra ponies.

Get notified of new replies

To Ti exhaust mod. who does it?

Quick Reply: Ti exhaust mod. who does it?