Received 97 Likes on 56 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

Default Downtown TO a riot zone

http://thestar.blogs.com/g20/
Old 06-26-2010, 04:46 PM
Cdn Z06 Mike
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Morons...all morons...all they did was prove their stupidity. This behaviour never solved anything or sent any type of message. All it did was increase our taxes to cover the costs.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:03 PM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Le Mans Master

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

If these issues are so important to all the "Protestors" why aren't they behaving this way (assaulting police officers and property) every day? Why did they wait for the G20 to occure? Do they only have a voice and opinion when they are in large groups?

Very sad.

I feel very sorry for all the small business people taking the brunt of their violence.

All the "Protestors" that are involved with the violence and vandelisim should be arrested, and forced to make restitution, either paying of fines, and repair bills for their behavior, or if they don't have the financial means, then forced to work off their crimes.

Mark
Old 06-26-2010, 05:07 PM
RAGGDOLL
Le Mans Master

Real shame no doubt

Business's like Swiss Chalet, Popeye's Chicken were ransacked, what do they have to do with anything?

2 cop cars torched, tear gas has been deployed

I say we drive down there in the Vette's with signs saying "we love the man"
Old 06-26-2010, 05:46 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

I have a lot to say about those IDIOTS, but none of it is allowed to be posted on a family forum..
Old 06-26-2010, 06:25 PM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Le Mans Master

I'm watching CTV HD News right now ... and I can't believe the people just casually standing around as a Police cruiser burns a few feet away from them ... Not sure how long the gas tank will last before it blows up ... but the onlookers don't look too concerned
Old 06-26-2010, 06:30 PM
700hpZO6
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What nonsense!!

I agree with you Mark to make them pay!! but that will never happen in this country. It will end up like Mike says... taxs.

I can only imagine the financial impact this will have on the city... companys are being asked to not work around the highways and getting paid millions to do so! I know this because i work for one that will reap the benifits of such stupidity on our government part!

Old 06-26-2010, 06:31 PM
700hpZO6
Advanced

Originally Posted by CDN_Wolf_eh
I'm watching CTV HD News right now ... and I can't believe the people just casually standing around as a Police cruiser burns a few feet away from them ... Not sure how long the gas tank will last before it blows up ... but the onlookers don't look too concerned
Lawsuit!! easy money!!
Old 06-26-2010, 06:35 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

2nd Goal Ghana scored was a beauty !! .. what riots??
Old 06-26-2010, 06:43 PM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Le Mans Master

Check this out ... Protesters that have been inciting riots, causing property damage, assaulting people in the downtown, now they want their privacy respected, so they can change clothes, and blend in with the crowd.

Old 06-26-2010, 06:59 PM
NOCRISIS
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

find that person in the video,let him go with he gives up 5 names/numbers,arrest those 5 and let them go when they give up 5 names and numbers each,not already given,arrest those 25 and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 06-26-2010, 07:01 PM
Overdrive
Drifting

Seems to be a small group (100+?) that joined in the larger protest simply to destroy things. If they really believed that they were doing it for a cause then they wouldn't have been dressed all in black with their faces covered. From what I saw it was these people that were causing all the damage and then later changing their clothes before the police showed up.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:03 PM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Le Mans Master

More violent actions ...

On another clip I saw one of the professional "Protesters" trying to smash a glass door, and an older man stepped in to stop him, then called for help while he restrained him ... then I thought a Police officer came over on a bike ... but he was not arrested, he just ran away from the Officer ... sad how everyone is just standing around, watching / photographing / video taping all these serial "Protesters" ... I'm still not sure what they're protesting! Maybe the store that sold them their bandanas and napsacks raised the prices, or charged them 10 cents for a plastic bag.

Old 06-26-2010, 07:15 PM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Le Mans Master

Here is video of the T.O. Police car burning ... I went into Fast Forward mode so you can see the progression ... but notice how people are just milling around ... taking pictures ... mean while, a large, potential bomb is burning behind / in front of them ... crazy.

Old 06-26-2010, 07:27 PM
CanadaGrant
Safety Car

Received 416 Likes on 337 Posts

Too many idiots with nothing better to do. When I overnighted in YYZ I used to love going to Popeyes. I mean, if your going to bust up a place why not a McDonald's....?
Old 06-26-2010, 07:30 PM
RAGGDOLL
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by CanadaGrant
Too many idiots with nothing better to do. When I overnighted in YYZ I used to love going to Popeyes. I mean, if your going to bust up a place why not a McDonald's....?
Old 06-26-2010, 08:02 PM
squalo1
Disabled by request 10 March 2011

Originally Posted by Cdn Z06 Mike
Morons...all morons...all they did was prove their stupidity. This behaviour never solved anything or sent any type of message. All it did was increase our taxes to cover the costs.
Originally Posted by CDN_Wolf_eh
If these issues are so important to all the "Protestors" why aren't they behaving this way (assaulting police officers and property) every day? Why did they wait for the G20 to occure? Do they only have a voice and opinion when they are in large groups?

Very sad.

I feel very sorry for all the small business people taking the brunt of their violence.

All the "Protestors" that are involved with the violence and vandelisim should be arrested, and forced to make restitution, either paying of fines, and repair bills for their behavior, or if they don't have the financial means, then forced to work off their crimes.

Mark

You folks don't know the half of it, I've been working it for for 9 days straight (behind the scenes), I wish I could tell you how everyone REALLY feels about all this.

Last edited by squalo1; 06-26-2010 at 08:04 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Downtown TO a riot zone

Old 06-26-2010, 08:24 PM
MotorHead
Race Director

Location: Who says "Nothing is impossible" ? I've been doing nothing for years.
Received 156 Likes on 126 Posts

Some of them are professional protesters they show up at any and all of them, probably don't even know what they're protesting half the time. They usually don't have jobs in order to be able to get to all the riots...a holes
Old 06-26-2010, 08:41 PM
freedomfighter69
Racer

Default Toronto the good??

These squeege wanna b protesters should be filmed live on tv getting the s___t kicked out of them!!'
Old 06-26-2010, 08:50 PM
Overdrive
Drifting

Just had a CF18 doing a few loops around the town.

Got one pass on video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mlE6AEiOXk

Last edited by Overdrive; 06-26-2010 at 09:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Downtown TO a riot zone