Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Importing a '96

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 10:58 AM
CDN/AZ LT4
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default '96 Vette

hzz, you're right, however if the right car was available for the right price, even if it was a bit more from a Cdn. (local) forum member I would buy locally. The selection for low mileage older cars is so much greater south of the border. It's stands to reason...300+ million people vs. our 30+ million population. We'll see how it turns out. When I sold my C6, the buyer whom most of you know, was also toying with buying US until we reached a deal that we could both live with...he could just as easily have got around the same deal in the US and go through the RIV process but chose to deal locally. I don't have to deal with the RIV process and it's not that far away if I'm going that way anyway. We'll see how it turns out. Peter
Old 12-28-2010, 11:07 AM
hzz
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Don't get me wrong, Peter. I agree with you. If you find the car you want here and the price is a bit more than a US car it certainly is better to buy it here and avoid transport costs, RIV, etc.

The last few times I have bought I couldn't find what I wanted here, so I had no choice but to buy in the US. At Carlisle the fact that so many cars are for sale in one location usually gives the buyer an advantage in terms of price and selection.

All of this only works while the CDN$ is close to the US$. If it drops, the advantage will quickly disappear.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:59 PM
69rag
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CDN/AZ C6
hzz, thanks for the transport info.
88BlackZ51, Mike if I can get this all to work out, it would be enjoyable just to drive up your way, see your lift and your Z51 and hear it through "my"" B&B's. I understand you've done a lot of motor work.
69RAG, don't worry about hijacking my thread. It appears that you have a '94 convertible and as I mentioned in this thread somewhere I used to own a '96 CE Convertible and suffered with no place to put a set of golf clubs (other then shoving them into to footwell on the passenger side). This time around I want a coupe. I have not made a deal yet but will be seeing the car on my way to AZ and picking it up on my way home if the right deal can be worked out. There doesn't appear to be a lot of trouble involved from what I can see so far. Why not post your car up sale with a lot of pictures in the Cdn. section, put a price on it and should I consummate my deal, I'll PM you and we'll compare $'s? Peter.
Np, it is posted on Kijiji, and I am willing to talk price with anyone that is serious. Let me know either way. Good luck.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:27 AM
CDN/AZ LT4
Racer

Default '96 Vette

69rag, I think I viewed your car on Kijiji, however I wasn't sure as your profile has no details about you. I assume that you have a '94 triple back vert for sale in the Barrie area and your asking $19,000. with 46K Km. Looks like a nice car. When I put my C6 in Kijiji I never got one inquiry, however when I put it on this forum in the Cdn. Section, I started to get inquiries and some dialogue. I sold it to a Forum member. You should advertise here. If a forum member is not interested, they still have friends and family that may want to get into a decent Vette. Good luck with your sale and I hope you get a price you can live with. Peter
Old 02-13-2011, 09:11 AM
CDN/AZ LT4
Racer

Default '96

Can one of you kindly point me in the right direction to get my signature changed from CDN/AZ C6 to CDN/AZ LT4. I assume I have to get a moderator to effect the change...how do I get a hold of a moderator besides ranting about stuff being sold in the "For Sale" section. If anyone is interesting in another "Monstrocity" importing storing along with some pictures let me know. We just got back from the Chicago area with a new toy on a U Haul trailer.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:28 PM
FFIN90
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: ================ From Toronto ================ 9/11/01 FDNY 343 R.I.P.
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'13-'14

Originally Posted by CDN/AZ C6
Can one of you kindly point me in the right direction to get my signature changed from CDN/AZ C6 to CDN/AZ LT4. I assume I have to get a moderator to effect the change...how do I get a hold of a moderator besides ranting about stuff being sold in the "For Sale" section. If anyone is interesting in another "Monstrocity" importing storing along with some pictures let me know. We just got back from the Chicago area with a new toy on a U Haul trailer.
Contact one of the following mods via PM:

Old 02-14-2011, 08:03 AM
CDN/AZ LT4
Racer

Default Cdn/az lt4

Thank you FFIN90. Done.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:44 AM
RAGGDOLL
Le Mans Master

Received 94 Likes on 53 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by CDN/AZ LT4
POST PICS
Old 02-14-2011, 02:18 PM
CDN/AZ LT4
Racer

Default Lt4

Mike, I've got some before sale was struck pics, some during on the trailer pics (dirty car) and I need to get some pics of the car cleaned up pics. 9 degrees on Thurs. and rain will be an opportunity to get it outdoors, cleaned up and some pics for posting along with the usual importing stories. Peter
Old 02-14-2011, 08:56 PM
FFIN90
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: ================ From Toronto ================ 9/11/01 FDNY 343 R.I.P.
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'13-'14

Originally Posted by CDN/AZ LT4
Thank you FFIN90. Done.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:35 PM
kruzzzn
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you got the 96 home ??
Old 02-16-2011, 09:33 AM
CDN/AZ LT4
Racer

Default Lt4

Yes, it's sitting in my garage. It's dirty and has a bit of a salty film on it. I am most anxious to get it outside tomorrow or Friday in the anticipated rain, wash it quickly and get it back inside. Pictures and story are coming this weekend.

Quick Reply: Importing a '96