Received 326 Likes on 203 Posts

Thanks for posting the pics! Manny has 1 of the nicest vettes anywhere
Old 07-11-2011, 01:41 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by dankhts
Except for the red lug nuts I call it catalogue fever when people look for simple mods to color coordinate. Manny take them off please and put polished lugs on it will look 10000X better trust me.

That C4 is really clean.

Rims on the purpley blue c6
Hood on the silver c6
Yellow z06 zr1 lookalike silver wheels would have looked better.
Black c5 hmm.. needs a bigger rim on the back. Deep dish = visually smaller looking wheel so it looks funny. needs to be lowered and alignment. z06 scoops

just thought I'd analyze a bit just an opinion dont shoot me
Old 07-11-2011, 06:19 PM
The Cripp
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Grrrreat pics!

Darnnit... only a few miles from my domicile; wish I could've dropped by!

I only see my gf once a week on Sunday, so that came first.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:59 PM
BAD-C5
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that thing is a BEAST......
Old 07-12-2011, 09:44 AM
Jutskin
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

cannot see the pics....it was a great show....allotta nice vettes.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:11 AM
Zcab06
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 5abivt
... needs to be lowered and alignment. z06 scoops

If you can tell a car is out of alignment from a side view photograph, you need to open up a shop or something.
(P.S - I'm pm'ing you for advice. I'm going to send you a pic of my nuts, can you tell me if my ankle is sprained.)

Thanks for the pics, I may not like some cars but I really don't care, it's not mine in the end. I find that if people do crazy or tacky things it makes me laugh, I like being amused or else it's just boring, another red corvette, thanks. I'll go to the dealer any day and look at the dozen in the lot.

Originally Posted by Jutskin
cannot see the pics....it was a great show....allotta nice vettes.
you were there, you don't need pics.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:02 PM
dankhts
Safety Car

[QUOTE=Zcab06;1578111328]If you can tell a car is out of alignment from a side view photograph, you need to open up a shop or something.
(P.S - I'm pm'ing you for advice. I'm going to send you a pic of my nuts, can you tell me if my ankle is sprained.)

Old 07-12-2011, 01:29 PM
BAD-C5
Pro

[QUOTE=dankhts;1578112907]
Originally Posted by Zcab06
If you can tell a car is out of alignment from a side view photograph, you need to open up a shop or something.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:39 PM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Received 422 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by Zcab06

Thanks for the pics, I may not like some cars but I really don't care, it's not mine in the end. I find that if people do crazy or tacky things it makes me laugh, I like being amused or else it's just boring, another red corvette, thanks. I'll go to the dealer any day and look at the dozen in the lot.

you were there, you don't need pics.
.......and whats wrong with ' just another red corvette ' ?

I happen to love them........gee, wonder why
Old 07-12-2011, 01:47 PM
OBSESHON Mark
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 5abivt
Except for the red lug nuts I call it catalogue fever when people look for simple mods to color coordinate. Manny take them off please and put polished lugs on it will look 10000X better trust me.

That C4 is really clean.

Rims on the purpley blue c6
Hood on the silver c6
Yellow z06 zr1 lookalike silver wheels would have looked better.
Black c5 hmm.. needs a bigger rim on the back. Deep dish = visually smaller looking wheel so it looks funny. needs to be lowered and alignment. z06 scoops

No one asked you for your negative analyzing.
Didn't you mother ever teach you that if you cant say anything nice then don't say anything at all!!
Old 07-12-2011, 04:15 PM
The Cripp
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by OBSESHON Mark
Didn't you mother ever teach you that if you cant say anything nice then don't say anything at all!!
Get a job, you bum!
Old 07-12-2011, 06:06 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Originally Posted by OBSESHON Mark
Thats the beauty of an open forum isnt it? My mom did teach me that but i would rather tell a friend if they did an ugly mod rather than lie and say 'Nice!' like everyone else usually does. Sometimes some criticism is a good thingl I just prefer to be honest.

No I can't tell the car needs an alignment. i said that based on the fact that it can hop curbs and go offroading at its current ride height it would probably need one if lowered.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:00 PM
dankhts
Safety Car

I have it on good authority that Manny's nuts are the way they are for weight saving puposes only! the lighter ur nuts, the faster ur car goes! Plus, they match all the little hidden details he has developed over the years for his car, that are coloured in various shades of red, under the hood, under the chassis, etc etc, spend a few hours looking and you still won't see all the detail he "bought out of a catalogue"....by flipping pages... oh, and in all seriousness, we do appreciate your opinions, and comments, really we do, please keep them comming! it is an open forum, and we all like to have fun here...

Last edited by dankhts; 07-12-2011 at 11:02 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:50 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

I have it on good authority that Manny's nuts are the way they are for weight saving puposes only! the lighter ur nuts, the faster ur car goes! Plus, they match all the little hidden details he has developed over the years for his car, that are coloured in various shades of red, under the hood, under the chassis, etc etc, spend a few hours looking and you still won't see all the detail he "bought out of a catalogue"....by flipping pages... oh, and in all seriousness, we do appreciate your opinions, and comments, really we do, please keep them comming! it is an open forum, and we all like to have fun here...
Ah i apologize I never meant to say Mannys car was 'catalogued' . It's just my opinion and feeling that some small mods are 'catalogue mods' Or its usually the free mods that are cheap to do i call that.

For example think of what a typical 16 year old with no job would do to his civic first.. Grab dads spray paint cans from the garage and either spray his rims, or calipers in a bright color. He might add stickers or pinstripe his wheels. he might go to cdn tire and buy a plate cover or taillight covers or blackouts etc. I just (again my opinion)feel that these are the mods that most people should avoid when talking about a nice sports car or exotic. My friend in fact painted his lug nuts in grade 10 on his jetta. Then he started color coordinating everything like wipers and adding stickers.. etc etc... Right then and there it was in my head never to do those things to a nice car.

Mannys car has some coin in it and alot of work done to it for sure. Its a really sweet c5 all around and underneath. Im not just saying that because I think hes a great guy and hes worked on my car. I just think polished or matching lugs would look better thats all

Get notified of new replies

To 'PICS' from today Brampton Corvette Show

Old 07-13-2011, 07:34 AM
ontcanuck
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 58 Posts

As Henry Ford once said you can have any colour you want as long as its black . Manny at least has some imagination how boring of a statement "polished or matching lugs would look better ". Aftermarket companies would shutter over that thought. I think every Corvette should be a red convertible with matching lug nuts
Old 07-13-2011, 08:49 AM
corrado
Le Mans Master

Received 218 Likes on 114 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one.

I'm sure there's things on my car some people don't like, and you know what, I don't give a rat's a$$, it's my car, and I LOVE it. It would be a pretty boring world if everyone has the exact same taste, that's for sure!

Now back to the original post, lots of great cars and tasteful mods too! I love the color on that C4! GORGEOUS! I loved all those cars in the photos!
Manny's car is a beast and looks and sounds awesome!
Old 07-13-2011, 08:58 AM
BAD-C5
Pro

Originally Posted by corrado
Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one.

I'm sure there's things on my car some people don't like, and you know what, I don't give a rat's a$$, it's my car, and I LOVE it. It would be a pretty boring world if everyone has the exact same taste, that's for sure!

Now back to the original post, lots of great cars and tasteful mods too! I love the color on that C4! GORGEOUS! I loved all those cars in the photos!
Manny's car is a beast and looks and sounds awesome!

Quick Reply: 'PICS' from today Brampton Corvette Show